currys. grrrrrrrrrr

I wont shop in currys now either, a few years back we purchased a 50inch tv in there, they took payment, we left no problem until i started getting letters from the bank, fuel, mortgage company and had virgin switched off. It worked out they had taken double payment, nearly 2.4k taken from my account taking us way in the red.
When i took it up with currys they were very non plus about the affair, they really didnt give a monkeys and said it would be sorted within 30 days. I ended up with around 300 in bank charges, 30pound charge on my mortgage, unable to eat as it actually took them about 25 days to rectifie the problem. Not to add the black mark on my credit file because of thier cock up.
I made if official and put a complaint to the oft and they done the usual and ignored it.
My bank in the end waived the fees as i protested the transaction, virgin were the worst and upheld the 10pound charge then took 5 days to reinstate but only when the bill had been payed (off for 30 days in total - not bad for a customer of nearly 18 years), mortgage and everything else was ok in the end and waived.
this all happened over the christmas period for us as well, at the time we were ling hand to mouth and had spent some months saving for the tv.
I was very sad to see comet go under, now we just use currys to see stuff in the flesh before ordering of amazon or likes.

What an appalling story, but simply sums up Curry's attitude toward mugs.. erm customers. They have no interest and even less knowledge in what they are actually selling, it's all just money for cardboard boxes to them. The more and more we vote with our feet hopefully the sooner they might get the message and start respecting customers and their hard-earned cash. I love the 'see it in the flesh before buying off the net' idea. Let's all do it!

Just recieved my money back.... any shops still open hehe.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply... advice is always appreciated.

if you pay them cash you get back same day,if you don't phone their head office it happened to me I flipped but got it back in 6 hours.
currys are getting wright bad with all they do even the what ever happens contract,its not worth the paper its on.
hope its fixed

i think now they have the shop floor monopoly with comet now gone they dont seem fussed. And i dont understand how they can say between you reserving and getting to the shop it was sold.... is that not the whole reserving reason.

i think now they have the shop floor monopoly with comet now gone they dont seem fussed. And i dont understand how they can say between you reserving and getting to the shop it was sold.... is that not the whole reserving reason.

The whole 'reserving' thing is just a con to get you into the shop so they can flog you something dearer.

I think we should invent an acronym for C U R R Y S

Conning Unscrupulous .... anyone?

there is still a few others out there but your right they don't hold anything to them it not good for us ,currys is a con,i got 1 cooker,1 fridge freezer and they destroyed my house I kicked off,people managers came from all over I got some money and took them 3 weeks to fix,not good.
its just about the money for them.

seriously guys, dont use the reserve feature on either pc world or currys. other than they are pretty damn useless at saving required items the main use for the reserve is to get your email addy.
I used it some years ago and no matter how may time ive hit the unsubscribe me the deluge of emails still come, i thank my lucky stars i didnt send a text message.
Ive now listed currys as a spammer, since christmas there are 12 emails peddling thier warez all sitting in my spam box

seriously guys, dont use the reserve feature on either pc world or currys. other than they are pretty damn useless at saving required items the main use for the reserve is to get your email addy.
I used it some years ago and no matter how may time ive hit the unsubscribe me the deluge of emails still come, i thank my lucky stars i didnt send a text message.
Ive now listed currys as a spammer, since christmas there are 12 emails peddling thier warez all sitting in my spam box

what you say is so true I had made 1 new email address just for them no one elce was given this spam my god,i was told this before so never give my main email,they just cant be trusted,i know they do everything to make money ,but not off my back no way.
I think if you unsub from them you would still get spam.

Same thing happened to me with a laptop, took my money from my card and kept me waiting 30 mins only to be told none in stock... few swear words came out at them...

LOL.
went into currys to look at a coffee machine (normal machine as i have a expresso maker), i need to loose some weight and sure the milky coffees are adding to my waistline.
Anyways, the machine i was looking at was 45 squids, it had what i needed and a timer!!. On the tag it said in currys only (something like that).
So i called one of the bods over and said do you have stock, my experiance of currys is they NEVER have stock of what i want i wasnt going to purchase anyway i had seen the machine and made my mind up.
He went off, then came back and said we have 2, but we cant find one.
COOL
of to amazon, same machine that is only sold in currys 25 notes delivered lmao.

i miss the good old days when you had tempo, comets, dixons, currys, and smaller outlets.
Currys are doing themselves out of business. After this thread, speaking to people at work im now unsure how they have remained in business so long, everyone ive spoken to has complained about the company in one way or another.

Back