Bookies

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I won a few hundred at the weekend on the football so Sunday afternoon I withdrew it bank to my debit and I'm still waiting for it to land.
Strange though that when I put the £10 bet on it took 1.5seconds for it to go from my debit to my bookies account but the other way ? 4 days and counting. If I send you a tenner it's there within minutes.

So this morning I got in the bookies live chat and I was reminded by the assistant that it was a Bank Holiday this week you know ! so I gladly reminded him that internet and banking world doesn't stop on a bank holiday and they were happily taking deposits Monday.

The bookies are basically hanging on to your money for a few days extra to gain abit of interest. Can you imagine the 100's of millions sat in their account for 4-5 days longer how much their making a year ?.
The bookie in question?
William Hills, I only used it because their boost price was £35 more payout than all the rest

Often takes up to 4 days after using my card in a Supermarket before it comes out of my account. Went for a small shop yesterday and it's showing as pending in my account.
That's just the way it works. They perhaps haven't even received your £10 yet due to the Bank Holiday, sort of works on a trust system.

Enjoy your winnings.

I have a about 5-6 bookies accounts simply to get the best price. Sometimes there can be a huge difference in accumulator bets with bonuses say 7/1 - 12/1 on a tenner were talking £50 for picking the same selections.

If I use my Skybet and withdraw were talking about an hour or two for it to reach your account but never no more than 24 hours.
Bet365 can be around 24 hours plus but they might not be offering the best price so you might end up having to use William Hills.
It eventually took William Hills 5 days for my money to hit my account.

I don't know, I just don't get it in today's day and age that me sending you money via a transfer should take 5 days. If I send you money it leaves my account instantly and I can't access it ever again. Then your account shows nothing for 5 days so were does it go ?, on holiday ??.
Someone's holding onto your money whether it's the bookie or Visa and making money while they do. For me there's no logical reason it can't be at your end in minutes or the very maximum, a few hours

3 to 5 days depends who you bet with
the more times you do it the quicker in goes into your bank account

I agree with Silverdale, in this day and age money CAN be transferred in seconds, so there must be a reason that these greedy baskets hold on to your money that you have withdrawn.
And well done on getting the win mate.

I don't know, I just don't get it in today's day and age that me sending you money via a transfer should take 5 days. If I send you money it leaves my account instantly and I can't access it ever again. Then your account shows nothing for 5 days so were does it go ?, on holiday ??.
When I buy something online it doesn't leave my account immediately. It will show as pending and my funds available will drop by that amount but my account balance will remain unchanged. Once Amazon or the Supermarket send their transaction file to my bank it is no longer pending and the amount is deducted from my account balance.

When I buy something online it doesn't leave my account immediately. It will show as pending and my funds available will drop by that amount but my account balance will remain unchanged. Once Amazon or the Supermarket send their transaction file to my bank it is no longer pending and the amount is deducted from my account balance.
Five days ? When I use my card it might be pending for a day or three but rarely if ever on a purchase is it 5 days. I can go to make a withdrawal at Skybet, 4 hours tops and a few other bookies have very similar timescale.

If they can William Hills can, and this ain't a purchase I'm on about it's a withdrawal of funds from your bookies account to your bank.

My local William Hills betting shop has banned a client cos he would not tell them where he is getting his money from 🙄
he owns the local chippy 🙄
who feck do they thing they are 🙄

I was asked the same thing for some online bookies and only deposited less than 1k.

I had to show them bank statements and payslips.

My local William Hills betting shop has banned a client cos he would not tell them where he is getting his money from 🙄
he owns the local chippy 🙄
who feck do they thing they are 🙄
Bet365 asked me for ID and limited my account because I got told a loop hole in cashing out.
Once I'd done it about 30 times they limited my account to £20 a week

Bet365 asked me for ID and limited my account because I got told a loop hole in cashing out.
Once I'd done it about 30 times they limited my account to £20 a week
What do you mean? Who told you about the "loop hole" What was it? and did you tell them about it?

Back