Cloned Ambit 250 No Longer Working

Guys, I know it might not be the problem, but I hope you are changing the password on your modems.

If I was VM and wanted to knock out all the 250/255's, I would write a script that logs into the modem using the default username and password and mess up the settings, so it won't work any longer.

interesting thread this.

im supposed to be doing an ambit 250 today. i think i will wait and see what develops out of this thread.

sounds like something dodgy going on with the ambit's. thank god i got a surfboard

running a 250, infinite f/w, bpi off, password changed, 2meg config forced to 10meg business... working fine:)

However I know the owner of this MAC i am running, and it is definitely subbed. May be as the guys have said, cleanup of all old unused macs

Stoke exc+w is very very weird of late, was browsing over wireless and one 250 was 586.75mhz and another was something like 300mhz? maybe trialling a big change in S-O-T?

Last edited:
Just reflashed again but I used the config that matched the one I got with mac and I got 4 days to go on the expiry thing rather than just a few hours.

I usually get it where it hangs after the homepage.

Just a thought: where it says Expires and it gives you a time and date, underneath it says Current System Time, could this be altered in anyway? Perhaps that will solve it? Remember, like you used to alter the time in your BIOS to get around those time related software demos.

I believe that expiry is only your ip address which is assigned by the dhcp server.
Meaning, it won't give it out to anyone else until that time runs out. When it runs out it will just assign you a new one.

Wouldn't the modem have to reset itself though to assign a new i.p?

not done anything to it, but it is now working again, it had been left powered on for about the last hour or so. although it is now connecting ok the send receive lights are still not coming on (they may just be fooked) but who cares, for the moment anyway kids are happy.

correct me if im wrong but the send/rec lights dont work on a hacked 250?

Wouldn't the modem have to reset itself though to assign a new i.p?

No, you only have to reset the modem to change the mac, the modem doesn't need to reset to change the IP.

If you watch the modems IP as it boots up, it gets its normal one, 192.168.100.1 first until it gets an IP off the DHCP server.

correct me if im wrong but the send/rec lights dont work on a hacked 250?

They light up, but not in the usual fashion. My ready light is the only thing that flashes when there is traffic. The send/recv and sync never light up.

hi guys i'm in stoke having this problem too i cant see it being a network problem as all my mates who have subbed modems are working with no problems its only the modded ones that are having this problem

A frined of mine in Fenton who has a cloned 250 and has subbed internet via his cable box is having problems on both. He has rang VM who have told him there's not much they can do and it's a nationwaide problem.

hey guys, ive been getting these problems too, with both subbed and cloned, i posted a thread about it and Smok3y666 referred me to this thread.

unfortunately i had tried everything thats been mentioned in this thread, but Griz suggested updating my driver for the network card, and to my amazement.... i now have smooth access with no issues using giganews and the lease of my ip is for 1 week rather than the usual 1 hour.

if someone else could try this, maybe something this simple might fix the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back