Cloned Ambit 250 No Longer Working

tried them with default password and my own, makes no difference to what i can see. not on my line anyway.. so i don't really think it makes any difference. at present i'm using default user and pass.

tried them with default password and my own, makes no difference to what i can see. not on my line anyway.. so i don't really think it makes any difference. at present i'm using default user and pass.

i dont mean page 192 ?, i mean user/pass for modem if we are using default then c.c.s can alter our modems if we are changing them then doesnt that mean c.c.s cant get into modem to change it

yep ip is good ..from 82. to 86 when working and the same when stops
connection page status stops receiving
its goes to say google page ..and thats it
has ur ip always started 82 and 86 and what is the second set of digits in the ip like 82.xxx

has ur ip always started 82 and 86 and what is the second set of digits in the ip like 82.xxx

86.13.xx.xxx this an ip off a friend ...as i dont hav a 250 to hand
82 and 86 ip addy always been yes

Last edited:
here,s one of mine that works here but not at a m8's well did for an hour or 2
86.100.xxx.xxx

no m8 different ip ...
in lewisham south east london u can only get internet access with certain types of macs eg: if i was to use a mac the starting bytes of 00204 or 00D05 etc.. i will get operational, config filename access allow issue an ip address of 82.103.xx... but cant access the internet @ all and these r working mac from other ubrs becoz of the ip im issued with (82.103.xx) which is not the normal ip fo that area but if i use a working mac with the starting bytes of of 00028A it will work instantly and give an ip 81.27.xx which is the correct ip for that area and access to the net. its as if the CMTS wll only reconize macs with those bytes which i find very strange i'll have to spend like a day in that area and really have a play around to see why that is... so im wonder if it might be the case in certain parts of stoke as well certain macs will be issue with certain ip that will only gain limited access to the web

in lewisham south east london u can only get internet access with certain types of macs eg: if i was to use a mac the starting bytes of 00204 or 00D05 etc.. i will get operational, config filename access allow issue an ip address of 82.103.xx... but cant access the internet @ all and these r working mac from other ubrs becoz of the ip im issued with (82.103.xx) which is not the normal ip fo that area but if i use a working mac with the starting bytes of of 00028A it will work instantly and give an ip 81.27.xx which is the correct ip for that area and access to the net. its as if the CMTS wll only reconize macs with those bytes which i find very strange i'll have to spend like a day in that area and really have a play around to see why that is... so im wonder if it might be the case in certain parts of stoke as well certain macs will be issue with certain ip that will only gain limited access to the web

thanks for the reply m8
ive used mac's from my own area and from other area's and seem to be ok on my feed .....its when i give it back to my mate he gets on for a couple of days then off ......
think i might go to is house and do the mac and see what happens

Mine is always goin off and im in the stoke area.... i just open cmd and type ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew and all is well :D

this arse should be banned for being a stir, if u got no helpful input then stfu... yes we know about your post about modems going to have problems, but u have yet to state the hows/whys and what we can do to fix the problem

Well nobody wanted to know when i mentioned it, remember?

Infact i got slagged off none stop so what would be the point in me helping you?

And just look at replies in here, swearing etc.

And yes i do know how to get around it.

Dom you use ambit to open cmd or hyperterminal. Sorry newbie to this. Cheers

Well nobody wanted to know when i mentioned it, remember?

Infact i got slagged off none stop so what would be the point in me helping you?

And just look at replies in here, swearing etc.

And yes i do know how to get around it.

so what your saying is rather than prove your point by sharing your knowledge on this problem to help other members (and actually stating you have a fix that you wont share) you would rather say "haha"?? and u wonder why ppl are still throwing insults your way?

so what your saying is rather than prove your point by sharing your knowledge on this problem to help other members (and actually stating you have a fix that you wont share) you would rather say "haha"?? and u wonder why ppl are still throwing insults your way?

Im saying when people stop acting damn immature throwing insults at me all because i brought this up a while back and was right.

Then maybe, just maybe i'd be inclined to help.

ok m8 tell us what you no
when i first read your post ..i believed what you were saying ..as ive been here before....but .i dont think you really no what going on with the mo's at the moment as your just a tec and works for them ....and not does the real work in changing the fw or updates ...so prove me wrong ...and make a name for your self on DW

Im saying when people stop acting damn immature

never responded to any of your earlier posts m8 as i know very little about the modem side of things, but i have read up on the posts and yes you were flamed by some people and maybe they were wrong/immature in the way they acted, but there is always a lot of scaremongering on sites like this and people may have thought that is what you were doing (rightly or wrongly) but are you not also being immature here by saying you know a solution to a problem and might if you feel like it help/tell people its a bit like "its my ball and your not playing" kind of thing

just my opinion m8

p.s. i have 1 cloned and 1 subbed in pure nthell and both are working ok (maybe a little slower than they were) so at the moment m8 i am not after your fix just my opinion on your post

Last edited:
never responded to any of your earlier posts m8 as i know very little about the modem side of things, but i have read up on the posts and yes you were flamed by some people and maybe they were wrong/immature in the way they acted, but there is always a lot of scaremongering on sites like this and people may have thought that is what you were doing (rightly or wrongly) but are you not just being immature here by saying you know a solution to a problem and might if you feel like it help/tell people its a bit like "its my ball and your not playing" kind of thing

just my opinion m8

p.s. i have 1 cloned and 1 subbed in pure nthell and both are working ok (maybe a little slower than they were) so at the moment m8 i am not after your fix just my opinion on your post
hi m8, i dont think u can any more immature than this
if he want to help thats great if he doesnt thats fine too, but dont come on here and antagonise folks who r trying to find a solution with snipe comment like this 1 above

dont come on here and antagonise folks who r trying to find a solution with snipe comment like this 1 above

thats exactly right, and CoreTech ive only glanced over the thread u posted and although i see both side of the argument u still have yet to share, and i stick by everything that ive said to u as this is a learning and sharing forum not one for sly remarks that you have been making ever since...

Im saying when people stop acting damn immature throwing insults at me all because i brought this up a while back and was right.

weigh it up matey how many people flamed you and how many members could you help?

dont punish the guys who didnt flame you by not sharing any info you have that can help them.if you dont want to help any 1 thats also fine im sure every
one be up and running again soon with or without your help.

personally id like to see you step up to the plate and share the info put and end to all the bad blood between you and some guys, i also see you like to use the words immature and mature you sound the later so maybe well see soon.

this imo im not flaming anyone on the site including yourself

Back