Cloned Ambit 250 No Longer Working

This week has been better than ever. I've had a couple of times where it's lasted a couple of days before going off. I updated my LAN driver last night and am also using the config that matches the cloned MAC rather than forcing the 10mb config and it's still on and has been downloading torrents all night.

Im in the stoke area and had the same problem with my ready flashed modem. Loads google but nothin else. I tried changin the mac numerous times but was getting wrong ip addresses like 253*********. now i've changed the mac back, i still get the exact same ip address. lol

It's not a LAN driver issue, mines gone back off today sometime while i've been at work. Another MAC sorted it though. Someone, somewhere must have some idea what's going on?

It's not a LAN driver issue, mines gone back off today sometime while i've been at work. Another MAC sorted it though. Someone, somewhere must have some idea what's going on?

ffs, mines jus gone off, a reboot makes it work again but not for very long. its annoying coz the modems ive done for other ppl have been fine, WTF is going on!!

I'm having the same problem It will stay on line for about ten mins then it drops connection I have no idea whats going on.....:(

someone who is able to format their pc, have a go, ive just done it and everything is working, its got me thinking... is their a virus/trojan doing this?

I formatted earlier this week it was good for about a day then back to connection loss, one thing I have noticed I changed my config file to match the mac I was using.

I was only getting 5meg using cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm Im now using cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm
Ive lost 1meg but my connection is a lot more stable I have not dropped a connection yet!

toolz

Last edited:
someone who is able to format their pc, have a go, ive just done it and everything is working, its got me thinking... is their a virus/trojan doing this?

I spoofed my network card (changed the mac) as I thought my area/cable was capped by VM as they track you using your networkcard mac addy and It did work my speed increased to 10meg but it soon dropped back to 5meg by the end of the day :(

toolz

I formatted earlier this week it was good for about a day then back to connection loss, one thing I have noticed I changed my config file to match the mac I was using.

I was only getting 5meg using cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm Im now using cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm
Ive lost 1meg but my connection is a lot more stable I have not dropped a connection yet!

toolz

thats a good point, the only thing i did different after i formatted pc was use a 100 config not 120/250

thats a good point, the only thing i did different after i formatted pc was use a 100 config not 120/250

that must be it then Im running without problems on my wireless lappy 2 pc's 2 xbox360's without probs so far :doh:

well everything WAS going fine, i plugged in a second modem installed wingate and its been tits up since then :Kickassro

jus curious, what firmware you guys using? 250hack_dump_telnet or the 250 stealth upgrade?

My 250 has been fine pretty much all week now. I have Bpi enabled but others are also saying there 250 is okay too in the Stoke area. Im using the hack_telnet tw.

My 250 has been fine pretty much all week now. I have Bpi enabled but others are also saying there 250 is okay too in the Stoke area. Im using the hack_telnet tw.

mine was doing okay, but since i flashed the one with the stealth image its been a pile of fluff ever since.

Hiya m8 I think you mentioned in another thread about your ubr. The CC has been shuffling the ubr around. i had the same problem as you and kept changing my nacs but it was not until I noticed that the ubr had changed that I managed to fix the problem. I was using macs from an ubr06 without realising that my ubr had changed from ubr01 to ubr06.

Hiya m8 I think you mentioned in another thread about your ubr. The CC has been shuffling the ubr around. i had the same problem as you and kept changing my nacs but it was not until I noticed that the ubr had changed that I managed to fix the problem. I was using macs from an ubr06 without realising that my ubr had changed from ubr01 to ubr06.

jus tried a mac from an area thats miles from me but same gateway, its up and running and newsgroups hasnt fooked it. might see how long it lasts, im getting 2 surfboards and getting rid of the 250's as i think i bricked the one trying to get the stealth firmware off as its knackered my bootloader :Kickassro

and my subbed modem has been downloading at 0.5kb WTF slower than my old dialup connection

does VM know what they are putting us thru pffft

250 down again this morning, getting stuck at the Website Found bit in the status bar.

250 down again this morning, getting stuck at the Website Found bit in the status bar.

gutted, have you checked to se if your UBR has changed? just in case its that?

whatever the hell is going on its annoying, althought mine seems to be ok again now but its only been 12 hours lol. i found how to change from a 1 hour lease to a 1 week lease anyways: soon as you get the modem online you will prob get a 1 hour lease, reboot modem or restart pc and u get a 1 week lease, not really rocket science lol

I was wondering, and maybe someone with a bit more more know how could answer:

Say the person with the subbed modem is downloading from p2p and the person with the same, cloned MAC is downloading from p2p or where ever, when they hit the cap limit for that particular MAC is that when the modem get's hit? And the slow download speeds occur or the traffic shaping kicks in? Example: subbed modem downloads 5GB, cloned modem downloads 15GB the cap limit is 20GB so Virgin screw the modem/speed?

I was wondering, and maybe someone with a bit more more know how could answer:

Say the person with the subbed modem is downloading from p2p and the person with the same, cloned MAC is downloading from p2p or where ever, when they hit the cap limit for that particular MAC is that when the modem get's hit? And the slow download speeds occur or the traffic shaping kicks in? Example: subbed modem downloads 5GB, cloned modem downloads 15GB the cap limit is 20GB so Virgin screw the modem/speed?

ive had that thought myself m8....but why just in the stoke area

Last edited:
Back