chookey's Motorised Install

I have put these in my basket :
TK12 12 inch Stand Off Bracket ( pair)- Galvanised
6 ft Alloy TV Pole / Mast - 2 Inches.....16 gauge Aluminium
M10 Anchor Bolts x 5

Pretty sure I don't need anything bigger than 12" T&K brackets but was a little unsure of the mast being only 16 gauge Aluminium. Was considering a 4' scaffold pole but the price is ludicrous. Any thoughts before I order??
Will likely delete the anchor bolts and get them locally for cheaper instead.
That pole is same thickness as the one you have installed

That pole is same thickness as the one you have installed
That supplier doesn't stock anything better. Looking around it's hard to find anything suitable. All 2" diameter with a suitable thickness come in longer lengths than I need and are outrageously priced. £60 for a 10' x 2"

Going to ask for a 5 or 6' length of scaffolding on my local Facebook pages.

just stuck a scaffolding pole into ground here now just need to source box 🤣

That supplier doesn't stock anything better. Looking around it's hard to find anything suitable. All 2" diameter with a suitable thickness come in longer lengths than I need and are outrageously priced. £60 for a 10' x 2"

Amazon
Here

Last edited:

Look at exhaust tubes on ebay

surely a lot of building going on locally to just grab a scaffolding pole as stated above

It would be great if the dish install posts were moved to their own thread.

The better setups are with the motor assembly between the T&K brackets. If you decide to do that, at most you'd need 3' scaffold pole. Going by your picture, even a 2' one could just do.

Just for reference, link to fruitballs motor install guide:
Fruitballs Motorised Installation Guide

william1s motorised install guide.

Motorised Satellite Dish Install

But as cookey is having it done not really sure of the relevance.

Installing the dish motor setup between the T&K arc clearance allowing and not above it greatly improves the pole's strength and wind resistance of the whole setup.

How did it all play out?
Not good.
First thing out of her mouth was that the scaffold pole wasn't long enough???? Asked her what the hell she was talking about and we ended up having quite a disagreement.
She made out that she only installed it on the old inferior Sky mast in the 1st place because I told her to in an email. I proved her wrong and soon realised she hadn't come back expecting to rectify it for free. I made it abundantly clear that she had been well paid and she wasn't getting anymore.

Ended up putting it on the mast that was supplied with the dish. I had lost all confidence in her by now and will likely get another crew in to put it right. If I had been dealing with a man I may have been more assertive in demanding my brackets and pole be used.

You live and learn and I've learnt from this one.

Not good.
First thing out of her mouth was that the scaffold pole wasn't long enough???? Asked her what the hell she was talking about and we ended up having quite a disagreement.
She made out that she only installed it on the old inferior Sky mast in the 1st place because I told her to in an email. I proved her wrong and soon realised she hadn't come back expecting to rectify it for free. I made it abundantly clear that she had been well paid and she wasn't getting anymore.

Ended up putting it on the mast that was supplied with the dish. I had lost all confidence in her by now and will likely get another crew in to put it right. If I had been dealing with a man I may have been more assertive in demanding my brackets and pole be used.

You live and learn and I've learnt from this one.
So she installed it on the Hockey stick mount ?

Not my first choice but very doable.

So she then got it aligned and tracking the arc correctly ? By the sounds of it not if you're getting someone else in.

So she installed it on the Hockey stick mount ?

Not my first choice but very doable.

So she then got it aligned and tracking the arc correctly ? By the sounds of it not if you're getting someone else in.
I scanned and saved 13°, 16°,19.2° and 28.2 but nothing else such as the likes of Thor are found. Laughable when she say's a 4' scaffold pole isn't long enough then I look at the stubby little mast she attached it to. :rolleyes:

IMG_20230804_202114.jpg

I scanned and saved 13°, 16°,19.2° and 28.2 but nothing else such as the likes of Thor are found. Laughable when she say's a 4' scaffold pole isn't long enough then I look at the stubby little mast she attached it to. :rolleyes:

View attachment 159018
Shocking most would setup on 0.8 and peaked there, so if you can not find that i would 100% name and shame she has not got a clue.

A 4ft pole would or should of had the dish clearing the peak of your house allowing for a liitle more range on the east side.

Just please you paid her no more.

View attachment 159018
What sat is it aimed at in that pic 28e?
Just trying to work out ref that sky dish.
Is it on usals?

Looking at that angle of motor to Sky dishes in background it looks much further east than 28e. I would doubt it was set up on 0.8w as reference satellite, as I would expect the motor to be fixed further clockwise around the pole (away from the wall).

Back