chookey's Motorised Install

My VIARK Sat 4K box arrived today. All I need now is a little time to work on it. As mentioned before my sat signal on the old sky dish returned when the weather improved. Sadly it didn't last.
Was on one channel all day as I was busy out in the garden. When I went to change the channel I lost all signal. My tv reports signal @80% but the quality varies between 26 and 31.

I have crimped a new connector to no avail. Visual inspection of the shotgun cable looks ok. Looks like I need to run a ladder up from the next door neighbours garden and check out the state of the lnb and it's connections. Either that or just say fook it and go straight to a motorised setup. Like I say, at the moment time is my enemy 😂

My VIARK Sat 4K box arrived today. All I need now is a little time to work on it. As mentioned before my sat signal on the old sky dish returned when the weather improved. Sadly it didn't last.
Was on one channel all day as I was busy out in the garden. When I went to change the channel I lost all signal. My tv reports signal @80% but the quality varies between 26 and 31.

I have crimped a new connector to no avail. Visual inspection of the shotgun cable looks ok. Looks like I need to run a ladder up from the next door neighbours garden and check out the state of the lnb and it's connections. Either that or just say fook it and go straight to a motorised setup. Like I say, at the moment time is my enemy 😂
It may just be one of the lnb ports, try running a fresh cable from lnb to receiver loosely without clipping it etc to see if it's lnb port or swapping port with existing cables.

Finally found a little time to have a play with the new box this morning but having no joy apart from iptv which seemed ok. Followed the guide to the letter and entered the serial and activation numbers into the link.
As I'm only using a fixed dish at the moment I scanned 28.2E. None of the scrambled channels opening. I noted it has scanned 19.2 as well and some premium channels are highlighted yellow which I assume means they should open. Unfortunately my signal is too weak for them.

The Astra 2 channels are just white and say scrambled channel. All fta is fine.
Have I just picked the wrong day to receive the good stuff??

Finally found a little time to have a play with the new box this morning but having no joy apart from iptv which seemed ok. Followed the guide to the letter and entered the serial and activation numbers into the link.
As I'm only using a fixed dish at the moment I scanned 28.2E. None of the scrambled channels opening. I noted it has scanned 19.2 as well and some premium channels are highlighted yellow which I assume means they should open. Unfortunately my signal is too weak for them.

The Astra 2 channels are just white and say scrambled channel. All fta is fine.
Have I just picked the wrong day to receive the good stuff??
You won't be seeing those 19.2e channels with out motorised or multi lnb set up.
Probably similar transponder frequencies, all sats will show in yellow what channels open on server without needing to pick them up.
How's the iptv side of things?

You won't be seeing those 19.2e channels with out motorised or multi lnb set up.
Probably similar transponder frequencies, all sats will show in yellow what channels open on server without needing to pick them up.
How's the iptv side of things?
The "Live" side of the iptv doesn't bring anything up for me. The 2nd option gives me all the series etc; and seems to work really well. Haven't tried the 3rd option yet.
I watched the boxing last night via satellite and it was faultless. Continued to watch when I went to bed but via my now cancelled NOW subscription which was worse quality than the HD I enjoyed on the Viark.

My ME is taking it's toll today so have yet to continue discovering/playing with my new box.

My dish was installed on Thursday. I was surprised that the lead installer was a woman who appeared to be well into her 50's. Any doubts I had about her ability were soon dispelled after I got chatting to her and her male oppo.
Turns out she was the main installer/ atmel modder for a very well known satellite equipment company before Sky forced their closure many years ago. She still likes to "misbehave" and left me with a months' free trial of an iptv service which resembles Sky Glass, the speed and quality of which I've never seen the like.

Here I am 2 days after my install and to be honest finding it all a little overwhelming. I need to do lots of reading up and will do once I can find a little more time. According to dishpointer my Longitude: -1.4747° but she entered 1.1 in my Usals config. I'm trying to find out why.

My fixed dish has been relocated and is now below head height so I will be able to utilise that any way I want. Picture shows my dish pointed at Hotbird satellite.

IMG_20230708_163835.jpg

My dish was installed on Thursday. I was surprised that the lead installer was a woman who appeared to be well into her 50's. Any doubts I had about her ability were soon dispelled after I got chatting to her and her male oppo.
Turns out she was the main installer/ atmel modder for a very well known satellite equipment company before Sky forced their closure many years ago. She still likes to "misbehave" and left me with a months' free trial of an iptv service which resembles Sky Glass, the speed and quality of which I've never seen the like.

Here I am 2 days after my install and to be honest finding it all a little overwhelming. I need to do lots of reading up and will do once I can find a little more time. According to dishpointer my Longitude: -1.4747° but she entered 1.1 in my Usals config. I'm trying to find out why.

My fixed dish has been relocated and is now below head height so I will be able to utilise that any way I want. Picture shows my dish pointed at Hotbird satellite.

View attachment 158544
Not sure how that mount is going to be plumb o_O It is barely man enough for the job 1 1/2 inch ? Im surprised a professional installed on that mount.

Is it tracking your viewable arc ?

Last edited:
Not sure how that mount is going to be plumb o_O It is barely man enough for the jog 1 1/2 inch ? Im surprised a professional installed on that mount.

Looks a bit thin to me.

Not sure how that mount is going to be plumb o_O It is barely man enough for the job 1 1/2 inch ? Im surprised a professional installed on that mount.

Looks a bit thin to me.
I looked and thought it looked extremely suspect especially in a exposed area like that.
Thought I'd wait for others to comment

I looked and thought it looked extremely suspect especially in a exposed area like that.
Thought I'd wait for others to comment
I hope that we are proved incorrect but the dish does look like it been put up on a sky pole.

Yep, T&K brackets and scaffold pole would have been better. Looks like a mesh dish so that's a small plus.

Yep, T&K brackets and scaffold pole would have been better. Looks like a mesh dish so that's a small plus.
They mentioned T&K brackets and scaffold but nothing came of it.

I hope that we are proved incorrect but the dish does look like it been put up on a sky pole.
It is the old Sky pole 😂

Slung a lot of dishes up in my time, had i ever been asked to mount a motorised dish on that mount and pole mount id of walked away.
Was their idea. I admit not the greatest. The position isn't quite as exposed to the wind as it appears.

Back