chookey's Motorised Install

To be fair accidents do happen and at least he was fully insured and has apologised. Not sure how the wrong fixings were used, we don't know the whole story. You will soon know if he knows what hes doing ref motorised set up.
His other reviews are excellent.
Exactly what I thought. Over the years I have done thousands of repairs and on the very rare occasion something could go wrong and make me look like a total tit.
Thankfully we normally learn from those times and it's just what makes us better at our jobs.

I had seen some of his reviews which is something I never did with the other firm. Slipping up in my dotage. ;)

Things aren't going well. The dish is up but he say's it's not going to the position the box is telling it to.
I'm not happy. He is talking about setting it up on diseqc

Things aren't going well. The dish is up but he say's it's not going to the position the box is telling it to.
Suspect he is unable to use the box correctly or has setup usuals incorrectly or something along those lines.

Viark sat and 4k have no issues with positioning under usuals.

Is he not setting it up on a Hand held meter ?

Maybe hes not set it up correct, you have a diseqc switch make sure he has allocated the sats to correct lnb, and that he has zeroed the motor before setting it up back up on usals as the last install was wrong on usals.

Suspect he is unable to use the box correctly or has setup usuals incorrectly or something along those lines.

Viark sat and 4k have no issues with positioning under usuals.

Is he not setting it up on a Hand held meter ?
He's sat across from me at the moment setting diseqc 1.2 up on a spectrum analyser

Maybe hes not set it up correct, you have a diseqc switch make sure he has allocated the sats to correct lnb, and that he has zeroed the motor before setting it up back up on usals as the last install was wrong on usals.
I removed the switch to try and make things simpler

What did he do differently?
Absolutely nothing in my presence. He noticed by accident that usals was working and said something about getting his left mixed with his right, hence my lack of confidence.
I will be sure before parting with any money ;)

What Sat's are you picking up across the arc that are accesible with the motor range of movement?

All sorted Chookey ?
Unfortunately no.
He was here till 12-15pm so just over 3 hours. He'd had loads of calls from a workmate or acquaintance?? so left. He'd setup 28.2, 16,19.2 and 0.8 and I'd seen them on his spectrum analyser as he'd done that from my living room via a patch lead.
Everything seemed fine till I started to scan the channels. They're all coming in but quality is 59-60% apart from Thor which averages 64%. This is leading to breakups of the picture.

I've put my sky dish back through the switch so I can get a reliable picture. Quality of that is 73% so quite the difference and from a smaller dish. I'm going to get the full picture of what's wrong before contacting him. Trouble is I have next to zero confidence of his capability to put it right.

I've just been up and took some photos of his settings but I don't know if they're of any use.
IMG_20230821_135543.jpgIMG_20230821_135306.jpgIMG_20230821_135247.jpg

What does your big dish get quality wise on 28 east ?

Did you get a picture of the dish declination scale ?

He seems to have you setup for a latitude of 53. So thats going to be close

However, those scales are for rough adjustment.

It would be the normal practice to go to the furthest east sat furthest west sat and 0.8 west to make sure it was tracking correctly.

Did you check pole was plumb while you were up there ?

They should not be breaking up even at 60% well not on mine anyway

Back