chookey's Motorised Install

Is it tracking your viewable arc mate ?
Bit of wind today and playing up. Picture and sound breaking up intermittently. I must have got soft in the head in my advancing years 😂
I've just fired an email off to the company but I'm not expecting a lot. Even had she used the supplied mast from Technomate it would have been sturdier.
I'm going to order T & K brackets and a 48mm mast. Got a feeling I'm going to end up putting it up myself after all. There's a lesson here which I thought I'd learnt years ago. If you want something doing right, do it yourself. ;)

Bit of wind today and playing up. Picture and sound breaking up intermittently. I must have got soft in the head in my advancing years 😂
I've just fired an email off to the company but I'm not expecting a lot. Even had she used the supplied mast from Technomate it would have been sturdier.
I'm going to order T & K brackets and a 48mm mast. Got a feeling I'm going to end up putting it up myself after all. There's a lesson here which I thought I'd learnt years ago. If you want something doing right, do it yourself. ;)
Document with email, but always best to call

They are not a reputable installer from what ive seen of your installation. If i was no longer capable, id of told them to put their tools back in the van and feck off.

Probably only install sky dishes as a norm.

They are not a reputable installer from what ive seen of your installation. If i was no longer capable, id of told them to put their tools back in the van and feck off.

Probably only install sky dishes as a norm.
She seemed very comfortable with Technomate and said they had done a load of them. A local aerial and Sky dish installer who doesn't do motorised recommended them saying he has passed on loads of motorised work to them.
I am currently watching her free trial iptv which appears faultless. Satellite was just getting annoying.

She seemed very comfortable with Technomate and said they had done a load of them. A local aerial and Sky dish installer who doesn't do motorised recommended them saying he has passed on loads of motorised work to them.
I am currently watching her free trial iptv which appears faultless. Satellite was just getting annoying.
Get her back then stating the mounting setup should not of been used for a fairly large motorised dish.

Tell them as a result even the lightest of winds takes the signal out.

@chookey whats the bracket like that is supplied by technomate? Is it up for the job? As im looking at the same setup as you.

@chookey whats the bracket like that is supplied by technomate? Is it up for the job? As im looking at the same setup as you.
It's not from TM it's a made up kit from WOS I believe, I think that's why they used existing bracket as the one supplied wouldn't get the arc because of position.

Screenshot_2023-07-15-13-21-16-420-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Did the quote nclude new brackets
They knew the system I ordered from WOS. The quote was install only but the method was their choice. Had they offered a choice of brackets I would have went with their recommendation.

They knew the system I ordered from WOS. The quote was install only but the method was their choice. Had they offered a choice of brackets I would have went with their recommendation.
They are chancers if they believe that sky bracket is man enough for that system, as has been proven already.
You should def of had a diseqc switch fitted so you could use 28e as fixed and all others motorised. Switch is a few quid and minutes to fit.

T&K brackets will allow the pole to be adjusted so that it is plumb. You can't really adjust the L-shaped brackets. It's worth spending that bit extra instead of the L shaped brackets.

There are a few guides on installing motors on forum if needed.

They are chancers if they believe that sky bracket is man enough for that system, as has been proven already.
You should def of had a diseqc switch fitted so you could use 28e as fixed and all others motorised. Switch is a few quid and minutes to fit.
Happening tomorrow. Have an ideal outdoor sheltered site for it within a few feet of both fixed and motorised dishes,

Pleasant email this morning. She is on holiday and coming back to me on Tuesday 24th to put it right. That'll give me time to get the necessary brackets and mast. :p
I have put these in my basket :
TK12 12 inch Stand Off Bracket ( pair)- Galvanised
6 ft Alloy TV Pole / Mast - 2 Inches.....16 gauge Aluminium
M10 Anchor Bolts x 5

Pretty sure I don't need anything bigger than 12" T&K brackets but was a little unsure of the mast being only 16 gauge Aluminium. Was considering a 4' scaffold pole but the price is ludicrous. Any thoughts before I order??
Will likely delete the anchor bolts and get them locally for cheaper instead.

2" aluminium is not a good option, too thin and weak.

Could prob get away with 2" steel (stainless would be better).

Back