Can you record from iptv ?

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming to the end of my virgin contract so wondering if its worth looking at iptv i had it quite a few years ago and watching the football was not great kept pausing all the time , the reason i ask about recording programs is i like watching ufc and thats mainly on in the early hours of the morning . I have a lg tv can i put iptv on it or will i have to put it on my nvidia sheild , whats best ? .

thanx

You will need a multiroom sub to attempt it.

But recording IPTV is about as reliable as a pinned condom.

IPTV has come on in recent years and is much more reliable in terms of viewing, that been said i very rarely use mine PPV only.

Happy running my Viark for all my TV viewing .

Last edited:
Coming to the end of my virgin contract so wondering if its worth looking at iptv i had it quite a few years ago and watching the football was not great kept pausing all the time , the reason i ask about recording programs is i like watching ufc and thats mainly on in the early hours of the morning . I have a lg tv can i put iptv on it or will i have to put it on my nvidia sheild , whats best ? .

thanx
Its so much better now but depends where you get it from, the more suppliers they have the better cos if 1 goes down they have back up's
mine gives me top football games, UFC and boxing to watch in the VOD section

and whats the best app to install for iptv and can it be installed on a lg tv or does it run better on the nvidia shield

I use Perfect Player mainly, but also have smarters/xciptv on shield/fire devices

I use iMPlayer but one of payment required. Worth the money though imo.

Second the Tvi app I run it on a 4k max firestick. Fast as lightning and on the 4k max firestick I get Dolby vision. Great for oled

I have both Tivi and Implayer Lifetime both great but end up with Tivi most of the time.

Both run sweet on anything ive used them on. But id be using the Shield.

Tivimate for me, in my opinion it's the best iptv app out there.
Runs smooth on my firesticks and t95 android box.
Recording works fine on it too.
I've been using Smarters for a long time so because of this thread decided to give Tivimate a shot. Seemed quicker, more responsive on my Firestick 4k max until the video froze. Was watching the AV v Newcastle game. Video freezes every few minutes but audio was ok. Had to change channels to recover video.
Still watching the match but using Smarters 😂

I've been using Smarters for a long time so because of this thread decided to give Tivimate a shot. Seemed quicker, more responsive on my Firestick 4k max until the video froze. Was watching the AV v Newcastle game. Video freezes every few minutes but audio was ok. Had to change channels to recover video.
So not freezing when using smarters. 🤔

Not sure what the problem is mate.
Are you trying the latest version of tivemate? Or a cracked version?

1 of my firesticks is pretty old and it runs fine on that.

The only issue ive ever had, and i made a thread on here about it, on my firesticks the EPG data was not getting cleared before it was updated, so after 10 days or so the firesticks were reporting low storage space as tivi was taking up almost 2gb of EPG data.

Not had any problems since it was updated.

Ya all wrong, Perfect Player is the best, in fact its perfect :rolleyes:

Can sort folders in order, arrange channels in order you like, add channels from one folder to another,
like I add Granada from Regional to Entertainment
Has PIP, while searching other folders, Set reminders, Very good EPG,
I stop all VOD from loading to speed up load time as I don't use the VOD section,
has several decoders Auto/Native/Hardware/Software/HW+
List views List/\details/Table
Archive/Catch-up
6 themes 👍🏻
but at the end of the day its "different strokes for different folks"

Not sure what the problem is mate.
Are you trying the latest version of tivemate? Or a cracked version?

1 of my firesticks is pretty old and it runs fine on that.

The only issue ive ever had, and i made a thread on here about it, on my firesticks the EPG data was not getting cleared before it was updated, so after 10 days or so the firesticks were reporting low storage space as tivi was taking up almost 2gb of EPG data.

Not had any problems since it was updated.
Not sure which version I downloaded mate but would have been a 2022 one. Downloader url was bit.ly/tivimate2022.

I tried a link before that from firesticktricks which was broken. I may revisit it some time and have another crack but I watched 2 back to back games yesterday through Smarters and it was faultless. Not always like that though

Titivate for me is the goto app. Its worth paying the yearly subscription for it but sure its just went up to 9.99 to unlock the app but least u can do 5 devices so i have 3 done in the house.
U can fart about with the app when its unlocked and change things but i just stick to way it is. Used other apps but its just nice and easy to use and Plays stuff sweet

thankyou for all the replys people its appreciated , good to know i can record programs as well ..

Back