Last nights performance, England

Everyone gave it 100% in an excellent workman like performance and I'm over the moon as I never thought I'd ever see us in a major Final.
I won't point out who ran the most, who passed the most who made the most tackles most assists.
Philips had a decent game like many others. There wasn't many I thought were outstanding or brilliant but I thought we went to the next level with the introduction of the subs and stepped up the pace but that's the job of subs, influence the game.

Philips?, played well, did he boss the game, outstanding?, no but like many others he had a good game and worked hard along with many others.

Last night was a team performance and had Schmeichel not been on form it could have been 3 or 4-1
My only criticism would be Pickford, at times he had me on pins and could have done better for the goal but I'm not slating anyone or highlighting any one player, it was a very good England team display.
For me we won't get a better chance as I think Italy will suit us better than a passing Spanish side.
Our saving grace is Italy will be without 2 key players, Spinazzola and Chiesa who I think possibly tweaked his hamstring (might be wrong)

Roll on Sunday, !!!!!!!
Take a look at this mate ;) You might need to watch it a couple of times to see what he did there :eek:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
They have been awarding penalties like that in the domestic leagues all season so for me the ref gave it as he seen it and I don’t think he made a clear and obvious mistake imho.
That’s why I don’t think it was overturned tbh.
Great team performance by England and Schmeichel saved Denmark from an embarrassing result.
I just hope Italy perform like they did in the Second World War😉

Your a Leeds fan and your proud he's in the England set up hence your made up and you should be, he had a good game and covered alot of the field.

Footballers come in all shapes and forms. Philips covered alot of ground granted but does all those yards make him a better player than say a Busquet who moves about 20ft in a game and only if he has to do. Both are v, good at what they do but totally different players.

?? m8 listen not sure if your after me to slag him off I won't, he's playing well, he's come good.

He didn't start off well and grew into the role. My only crooks is, with him and Rice we lack creativity in the middle of the park that's a personal opinion. I always prefer a work horse and a ball player.

As soon as we've make changes we seem to turn up the heat whether it be Mount, Grealish, Foden.

Philips now playing well m8 for England, not sure what you want me to say to convince you I'm not lying bar say I'd nosh him off 😀 😀 😀

True. That dive for the penalty last night was genius. 10/10 score for style and execution. :)

Stevie Gerrard would be proud of him. 👍
Never mind Stevie G being proud of him. Tom Daley would have been proud of him. I thought overall England were the better side but it’s not nice to see them cheating their way to a win. Sterling had his first dive 14 seconds into the game and even had a dive at the own goal. He ran his legs off but does he need the diving in his game. Can’t see them beating Italy but suppose anything could happen. Good luck 😉

At last cheers pal 👍
I said "Playing well" don't get that confused with outstanding or brilliant he does a job well.

Sometimes stats for teams and players can mean for nothing.
At one point Spain had 70% possession against Italy and look were it got them.

It's not flashy what England are doing it methodical belt and braces tournement football which I didn't think we'd get away with but been on the right side of the draw (like World Cup) was a massive advantage.

I'm pretty much sure Italy will get into Sterling and Saka because if they can limit the amount of possession they have we struggle until changes are made.

My guess is penalties, I can't see either side been gun ho

Never mind Stevie G being proud of him. Tom Daley would have been proud of him
I think you need your eyes testing pal. It's the way football has gone like it or lump it.
(Ferret will like this)
At the end of last season Patrick Bamford stayed on his feet after a tackle in the box and got nothing.
In the after match interview he said something on the lines of "Next time I'll go down". Leeds should have been awarded a penalty regardless if he went down or not a fouls a foul but you have to go to ground to get it.
Would Sterling have got the penalty if he did what Bamford did with the goal insight
View attachment ac21379140e94128f397570d9440a361.mp4
?, the simple answer is no

I love how they're making a meal of the laser pen. Even with them doing that, he still saved the penalty! Poor pen from Kane, and tbf Schmichael should've held on to it.

I think you need your eyes testing pal. It's the way football has gone like it or lump it.
I think you're kinda missing the point. As you say, It's the way football has gone, if that's how they want to define a penalty, then it's a penalty.

...but does that mean that cheating is acceptable? Are we going the way of that Italian comedian in their game against Belgium?

The point is that he dived. I've seen plenty of comments elsewhere from England supporters who accept he dived and are ok with it. The concept of being touched, (or inviting/manufacturing the touch) and then falling down, negates the concept of 'Sport' in my book...but then maybe I'm just old-fashioned. :(

For the record, I think England deserved to win that game. The method just leaves a slightly bad taste in my mouth.

It's not cheating blame technology and the way football has gone. There were 2 lots of contact, the 2nd one was a shove from left with no attempt to get the ball.
Had that been outside the box in today's climate its a foul,
But only if you go down
Again my point regarding the Bamford incident, staying on he's feet got him nothing.

Sadly it's the way football is, if you ride the tackle when contacts made you won't get the foul.
That's not cheating, blame refs and the footballing associations.
I thought the ref for the other semi was outstanding probably the best ref I've seen in years. The Spanish tried everything but he just waved them up. He used the rule which lots of refs have forgot,
Not every tackle is a booking
The ref made one booking in 90 mins.

I'm like most your waiting for England to step it up but Southgate has a way and it ain't exciting.
Up till now its worked I just hope it works against a stubborn Italian side who are masters at stiffling and smothering teams then hit you with a sucker punch.

Majority of players now try to draw a foul especially in the box. It’s seems common practice in football now and Grealish and Kane seem to have it off to a tee.
If a player attempts to get the ball and doesn’t make contact with ball and the player goes down the majority of the time the ref gives an advantage, free kick or a penalty inside the box.
It’s how football is nowadays and I can’t understand anyone’s surprise that Sterling was awarded a penalty tbh.
Now whether he went down intentionally is another matter but there was contact made by Denmark's Mathias Jensen and Joakim Maehle.

I thought the ref for the other semi was outstanding probably the best ref I've seen in years. The Spanish tried everything but he just waved them up. He used the rule which lots of refs have forgot,
Not every tackle is a booking
The ref made one booking in 90 mins.

That I can agree with. It was fun seeing the stupefaction on their faces when he told them to get on with it.

We need more like him.

Back