Blade Media BM7000HD

if you go to post 22 and follow the link
you will see a file called csinfo.txt
you open this and put in you cline details
this saves having to use the remote to enter details

also the channel file is uploaded the same way as the image via usb

so im assuming install the image, install the channel guide (how do i install this?)
then once done go to chanel 9991 manually type in using the remote? red to save and im jamming?

not sure on the channel guide, i just rescan and use the channel list it gives me.

but yep, flash with latest firmware, that will install the cccam for you.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

then you just press 9991 on the remote and it brings up the above screen

press OK button on connection_0, enter your details, exit and save then press RED button to set connection_0 to connect and the status bit at the end will change from DISCONNECTED to CONNECTED in a green colour. Exit and go to a premium channel. if it doesn't clear, just reboot the receiver and should work fine.

cheers man will add rep really appreciated that..

overall do you recomend the box? been using dreambox but picking one of these up tomorrow and it looks the part? HD tuner pretty stable?

cheers man will add rep really appreciated that..

overall do you recomend the box? been using dreambox but picking one of these up tomorrow and it looks the part? HD tuner pretty stable?

tbh i would recommend it over a DM800s clone, purely because its a legit receiver.

tuner is very good, ive had troubles with DM800s tuners before so i try to stay from them now.

for the price £149.99 the blade is damn good receiver and hard to beat at that price.

next best would be a qbox mini hd @ £179.99 but very few images out for it at the moment, then next would be a vu+ solo which is simply awesome

tbh i would recommend it over a DM800s clone, purely because its a legit receiver.

tuner is very good, ive had troubles with DM800s tuners before so i try to stay from them now.

for the price £149.99 the blade is damn good receiver and hard to beat at that price.

next best would be a qbox mini hd @ £179.99 but very few images out for it at the moment, then next would be a vu+ solo which is simply awesome

cheers man getting delivery of mine tomorrow so will have a wee shot of it... hope your about same time tomorrow! haha

cheers man getting delivery of mine tomorrow so will have a wee shot of it... hope your about same time tomorrow! haha

no probs mate, im sure you will be ok!

Does this have 7 day epg for 28e?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Rreally good box mate, I dont have one but got one for my dad and I keep thinking about selling my dm800 for one!

I'm liking this box more and more, especially after using a spiderbox on 28e for so long. It's interface is just slicker and channel change time is a massive improvement on the spiderbox.

Added bonus of having 1080p and mkv support. although yet to try any mkv files. I do wish it had a front loading usb, as I found that quite useful on the spiderbox as well as the spiderbox home server facility.

The openbox was cheap but qaulity wise the worst from these boxes. it also has a few major problems like the boot loop on some frequencies and some crackling audio as reported by users. and the 1st edition remote on the s9 hd was the worse remote i ever used, so unfriendly.

Blade needs to make cccam more easier to input i.e. get rid of csinfo.txt and just use cccam.cfg formats. making it mire standardised. also, would like to see more details about server connection i.e. ecm time and hops.

Hello mate ,
In your opinion , you should have started with. The openbox , in my opinion IS well built. I have never had a box that runs so cool. Once the offending "loop" channels have been removed this box is rock solid. For the price this has been the best receiver I have ever had since the PACE MS1000 with a D2MAC decoder, which was an absolute beauty of a receiver.
If you just want to watch TV and record every now and again you really cannot beat it.

Just a word to the moderators , it may be better creating a new section for the Blade Media box, just a thought.

guys just putting together the csinfo file now

ip is along the lines of XXXXXXXXYYYYY SPACE Port Number

do i still put the port number in after the IP Addy?

so for example

i should have IP: c:TTTTTTTT.TTT.TTT.TTT PPPPPP

for T = text
P = Port

just trying to get sorted for getting box this afternoon?

guys just putting together the csinfo file now

ip is along the lines of XXXXXXXXYYYYY SPACE Port Number

do i still put the port number in after the IP Addy?

so for example

i should have IP: c:TTTTTTTT.TTT.TTT.TTT PPPPPP

for T = text
P = Port

just trying to get sorted for getting box this afternoon?

sorry, cant help mate, its far easier to type it via the remote, its all on screen

all you do is break up the cline and put the parts in file as listed

so if cline reads C: yourip.com 12000 turner brown

just list it like this

slot0 =
{
name: Connection_0
ip: yourip.com
user: turner
password: brown
protocol: cccam
deskey: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
filtermode: auto
filterindex: 0
port: 12000
timeout: 3
}

all you do is break up the cline and put the parts in file as listed

so if cline reads C: yourip.com 12000 turner brown

just list it like this

slot0 =
{
name: Connection_0
ip: yourip.com
user: turner
password: brown
protocol: cccam
deskey: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
filtermode: auto
filterindex: 0
port: 12000
timeout: 3
}

legend and just save that alone? or do i need to fill in the other slots?

no just that will do
unless your planning on using more than 1 cline

shockeroooni i was up and running in less than 5 mins lol granted had all the files ready to go... some questions/thoughts

Thoughts
HD is stunning, IMO far better output than the DM800
However SD is far far far better than previous dreambox thats the biggest change for me
Menu System isnt quite as good but does enough..

Questions
I used the 3jan channel list which for all/most sky channels so far seems fine.. however some of the ITV and BBC ones dont seem to be working.. im guessing due to region issues? and i cant seem to fine BBC scotland STV etc.. is there a way i can do a scan but not wipe my channel guides then manually add them to a bouquet?
or maybe someone north of the border has a channel list all good to go?? lol

cant believe how easy the box is to flash etc.. what are the chances of future support and updates?

not tried recording but is it literally just attach a USB hard drive it picks it up and your good to go?

update*can now get BBC1 and BBC2 scotland how do i transfer them into favs?(ill work it out lol)
STV has 3 listings but all 3 i get bad or no video and it doesnt seem to get STV HD anyone able to help? i.e i assume if they are on your channel list and working they should work on mine? or do others in glasgow have same prob?

Last edited:
Hello mate ,
In your opinion , you should have started with. The openbox , in my opinion IS well built. I have never had a box that runs so cool. Once the offending "loop" channels have been removed this box is rock solid. For the price this has been the best receiver I have ever had since the PACE MS1000 with a D2MAC decoder, which was an absolute beauty of a receiver.
If you just want to watch TV and record every now and again you really cannot beat it.

Just a word to the moderators , it may be better creating a new section for the Blade Media box, just a thought.

You're right, I should've stated it was just my opinion about the Openbox S9 HD. However, I have had issues which a friend who also has the box has reported to have which indicate things aren't as good build quality wise.

The remote for starters is poor to put it mildly.

Electronic issues include the box rebooting when used in conjunction with homeplugs when ethernet is not firmly in.

I've had scrambling issues when the microwave or kettle is switched on. And these issues have been confirmed by a friend using the same equipment.

Internally, I'm not sure of the parts used. But externally the box is very similar to the spiderbox. spiderbox has an extra usb port on the front.

To be honest I like the openbox, and was torn between getting rid off it or the spiderbox. Both have their negative points and positives. In the end I got rid of both and now use the blade and a diablo wifi in the tv built in sat tuner.

I'm thinking of trying out the Q-box mini and may just trial a v+ duo (or clarke tech) for the heck of it.

Value for money I think Openbox is good for most beginners especially if you can overlook little things, just certain things could drive people away. I loved the openbox channel change time after first using a spiderbox which took an eternity to change channels. The openbox had issues even if you just wanted to watch tv as you put it - it could drive you insane - 1. remote very slow reaction time, and 2. electronic issues mentioned above. Maybe I just had a problematic setup. But once I've moved on, it really feels satisfying having a rock solid receiver which doesn't have those issues.

anyway petty squables aside on which is the best box lol any ideas regarding STV?? pref STV HD?

i went back to scaqnning from fresh mate as i couldnt sort this problem
ans the scottish bbc and so on where not there also cbbc and so on didnt work on the channel file alonso posted
i guessed as you that it was regional so just factor resetted the box and scanned sorted out most of the issues

Back