Blade Media BM7000HD

so a factory reset, then install the software again, install the cline, then do a blind search, then install your channel list and then add stv to your channel guide?

to confirm before i do this do you have stv hd working ok mate?

cant see it on my channel list but still got a few channels un-named
also i didnt install the channel file i just moved the channels the kids and wife watch to a fav folder

cheers man, can anyone else who has this box confirm regarding STV HD?

i just downloaded a channel list from "4 shared cable box" type that in google and it's the first link

so a factory reset, then install the software again, install the cline, then do a blind search, then install your channel list and then add stv to your channel guide?

to confirm before i do this do you have stv hd working ok mate?

Hi mate,

glad you've got it going!

just do a full scan, it wont delete your channel list, you can just change the ones that dont work in the menu. Its a bit round the houses how to move the channels but its easy enough..

i alreayd have a newer one mate, but they dont seem to have a working STV, looking to see if someone has one thats working?

i also love the divx player on this box
i have got a drive loaded with all the movies my 18 month old loves and
just hit F1 key and it brings up the movie list

You're right, I should've stated it was just my opinion about the Openbox S9 HD. However, I have had issues which a friend who also has the box has reported to have which indicate things aren't as good build quality wise.

The remote for starters is poor to put it mildly.

Electronic issues include the box rebooting when used in conjunction with homeplugs when ethernet is not firmly in.

I've had scrambling issues when the microwave or kettle is switched on. And these issues have been confirmed by a friend using the same equipment.

Internally, I'm not sure of the parts used. But externally the box is very similar to the spiderbox. spiderbox has an extra usb port on the front.

To be honest I like the openbox, and was torn between getting rid off it or the spiderbox. Both have their negative points and positives. In the end I got rid of both and now use the blade and a diablo wifi in the tv built in sat tuner.

I'm thinking of trying out the Q-box mini and may just trial a v+ duo (or clarke tech) for the heck of it.

Value for money I think Openbox is good for most beginners especially if you can overlook little things, just certain things could drive people away. I loved the openbox channel change time after first using a spiderbox which took an eternity to change channels. The openbox had issues even if you just wanted to watch tv as you put it - it could drive you insane - 1. remote very slow reaction time, and 2. electronic issues mentioned above. Maybe I just had a problematic setup. But once I've moved on, it really feels satisfying having a rock solid receiver which doesn't have those issues.

Wow I wonder if they have different factories making them. Apart from the poor remote (zap times are good) which I agree with and crackling sound on some movie channels,which I have resolved,, I have not had any problems like yours. Anyway good luck with your receiver. It deserves itw own section now.

any peeps managed to set the box up as a server?

im having a go at it but totally out of my league :err:

any peeps managed to set the box up as a server?

im having a go at it but totally out of my league :err:

PM sent mate

It can,t be used as a server m8,!! cheers satcat

I havent got one but been told you do it like this:

To enter your box key put your card in then press MENU

You will see your card in the CI section

Go to this page (where it tells you the serial number of the card) and press yellow to bring up the box key entry screen.

Just put your 10 digit decimal boxkey (dont convert it to hex) number straight in here.

Hope that helps :proud:

PM sent mate

I havent got one but been told you do it like this:

To enter your box key put your card in then press MENU

You will see your card in the CI section

Go to this page (where it tells you the serial number of the card) and press yellow to bring up the box key entry screen.

Just put your 10 digit decimal boxkey (dont convert it to hex) number straight in here.

Hope that helps :proud:

i have reached the section where i need to input the 10 digit boxkey but my issue is that my boxkey is only 8 digits....is the boxkey supposed to be 10 digits long rather than 8 digits?

also i am unable to input letters on the screen using the remote, i can only input numbers

Not to sure about the boxkey mate but try adding 00 at the start, have you got it from the bottom of your reciever?

Can you not change the input numbers to letters using the red button or another colour?

I'm just guessing really mate as I dont have the box

Not to sure about the boxkey mate but try adding 00 at the start, have you got it from the bottom of your reciever?

Can you not change the input numbers to letters using the red button or another colour?

got the boxkey number by inputting the 17 digits which are on the bottom of the skybox in the boxkey generator

i have tried every single button on the remote but still no cigar

got the boxkey number by inputting the 17 digits which are on the bottom of the skybox in the boxkey generator

i have tried every single button on the remote but still no cigar

I think mate you just enter numbers, you can break down 17 digits eg: example boxkey 7E25170483718709D

Break it down like this 7E2517/0483718709/D so you would use the numbers inbetween the / /

Last edited:

I think mate you just enter numbers, you can break down 17 digits eg: example boxkey 7E25170483718709D

Break it down like this 7E2517/0483718709/D so you would use the numbers inbetween the / /

you are the man :Clap:

worked like a treat, thanx m8 :Clap:

Back