Bedroom tax

@ NoodlesJoe

it aint bullshit

i work for a low wage get no help whatsoever

sad thing is my job is to help the likes of people not working

i must say if you work these days you are a mug

if you work the system you sorted

do nowt for a lot

Hi folks I've been working in Bolton today and apparently if you brick up the window it can be classed as a prayer room, not applicable to 'bedroom tax'!

Rules for Prayer rooms in homes seem different as to what is needed and what is allowed compared to public prayer rooms. Dont think you would need to brick a window up and you are allowed to still sleep in a room that is classed as a prayer room.

So anyone could set up a bedroom as a prayer room and call it a prayer room but still use it for sleeping.

I think thats correct?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

prayer rooms that are built in houses or in some institutions and businesses, with the intention that only the people who live and work in those places will pray in them, and which are not intended as public mosques that are open to all Muslims, do not come under the same rulings as mosques. In olden times, the practice was that a man would set aside a place in his house for prayer, which was called musalla al-bayt (the prayer room of the house) or masjid al-bayt (the mosque of the house), but this “mosque” did not come under the well-known rulings on mosques.

Al-Bukhaari (425) and Muslim (33) narrated from ‘Itbaan ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) that when he became blind and it was too difficult for him to go to the mosque on rainy days and when there were floods, he asked the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) to come to his house and pray in a spot that ‘Itbaan could take as a musalla. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) responded to his request.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said: One of the things that we learn from this hadeeth is that setting aside a place in the house for prayer does not mean that it becomes a waqf, even if it is called a mosque. End quote.

Ibn Qudaamah said in al-Mughni (4/464): The “mosque” in a house does not come under the real rulings on mosques. End quote.

It says in al-Mawsoo‘ah al-Fiqhiyyah (2/121):

A mosque in the house is not a mosque in the real sense and does not come under the same rulings, so it is permissible to change it and for a person who is in a state of janaabah to sleep in it. End quote.

Based on this, this prayer room in the house does not come under the same rulings as a mosque and there is nothing wrong with turning it into rooms for accommodation.

It should be noted that offering prayers in congregation is obligatory and is to be done in the mosque; it is not permissible to offer these prayers at home, even if it is done in congregation, except in the case of one who has an excuse, such as if he is sick or the mosque is too far away, and the like.

For more information please see the answer to question number 72895.

And Allah knows best.

Couples will claim they have split up and live in separate rooms, singles will recruit a M8 to say they have split up ... job done :)

as this only affects people on benefits ,not being funny but how much people get on benefits nowadays they can easily afford this and don't say they cant because its better off being on benefits than low wage jobs ie if jobcentre did a better off at work calculation on you they will work out your be better off at work by about £15 To £40 but they don't count in that travel to work costs then you got to pay for your kids school dinners ,dentists ,prescriptions then people on benefits get things like budget loans basically an interest free loan not counting the grants they get for free

people have come to think they are entitled to things for free and have to do nothing for the stuff they get but its not there fault its the goverments fault for letting people have it like this for so long and people have come dependent on it

just say you gave a friend money everyweek for a couple of years to help him out then you don't as cant afford it anymore you wouldn't expect him to come moaning at you saying wheres my f-ing money

You display a total lack of real knowledge, on the subject, beefed up with an overdose of "hate" rhetoric.
which is, of course, just what this government has set out to make you think.

The real question here is, why have wages been allowed to get so low, means tested benefits end up being greater than many can earn????????????????????????????????????????

The real question here is, why have wages been allowed to get so low, means tested benefits end up being greater than many can earn?

It's an easier way for the rich to extract money from the system without having to fiddle their expenses? Think about, Government pays benefit, recipients spend money, rich get money. No need to worry about minimum wage, sick pay and all that bollocks - just straight in the bank...

Personally think it should be each claimant on benefits should be looked at to decide if they are 'scrounging' or not (my wife is disabled, GP signed her off from working years ago and so did the DSS doctor).

our benefit letter states at the end 'the above amount is the amount allowed by law to live on'

Now if that is the law then councils and government are breaking the law .... aren't they ?

Yet our council says nothing they can do.

I understand this country in in a bad way but we have to fork out almost £40 out of £154 week (that is for 2 of us)

Do not forget we are also being made to pay a % of council tax as well as bedroom tax

on top of that what with the:

elec and gas increases,
increase in water rates,
increase on contents insurance,
increase on food,
phone charges,
increase in car tax,
increase on fuel (it will go up again),

those are just a few bills, then there would be clothing, new appliances, carpets, decorating etc etc when needed.

and to make it even worse ... our council has said they do not have any houses to 'downgrade to'

then ... if we did 'downgrade' somehow ... bet they put someone in our place who will claim full benefit and not pay bedroom tax, so where do the council gain if they do that ... instead of paying our council tax and rent in full they end up paying it for whoever moves in.

and our council website states 'Each tenant should be moving to a property of the correct size for their current housing needs. To allow greater flexibility, a tenant will also be allowed to move into a property with a maximum of one bedroom more than they need.' Now if that is the case then we should be entitled to 2 bedroom, but no ... council still say we are only allowed one

I get £74.80 a week just checked and i have been told cos im on incap only nothing else i have to pay towards stuff ie tax/dental etc etc they even said to me that being on incap alone is like being a lepar no one cares
some people get income support and incap and dla get way more money than me but they dont have to pay towards anything.... I know I know its fooking crazy :(

people who dont work should not get more money than someone who does work,
they dont really but as you have to pay taxs/council etc etc some end up worse off which should not be the case but is, but not all workers are like that.
also because your at work you dont use as much gas/elec as i do cos im in the house more than a person working so my bills are higher

i do agree there needs to be something done but why take from the poor?
why not give workers better wages, cuts in tax they need to pay etc etc?
and stop fooking paying the fat c**ts at banks bonus`s and Pm`s thousands of pounds each year for doing fook all for the real people etc etc

i would gladly give £10 from money to help the homeless/poorer people/sick people who really needs it etc etc

I do agree there needs to be something done but why take from the poor?
why not give workers better wages, cuts in tax they need to pay etc etc?

Fook me, a comment I can agree with! I could get cryptic here but I won't, if politicians had any idea at all they would join up the benefit system so that people got what they needed. As it is, you can get more child benefit for every child (just an example) - cap the number of children benefit is paid for - solved that one. Limit the overall benefit so people who deserve it get a decent standard of living and no more. Then tax business for non-local recruitment making it more expensive to employ cheaper labour from, erm, certain EU areas. Give local business incentives for taking able-bodied unemployed on training/apprenticeship/whatever so they have a chance of getting a job and justify their benefit.

Finally, tax business not on where they are based but on their UK income - bollocks to this 'we are based in Luxembourg' crap...

...evening Noodles :)

Fook me, a comment I can agree with! I could get cryptic here but I won't, if politicians had any idea at all they would join up the benefit system so that people got what they needed. As it is, you can get more child benefit for every child (just an example) - cap the number of children benefit is paid for - solved that one. Limit the overall benefit so people who deserve it get a decent standard of living and no more. Then tax business for non-local recruitment making it more expensive to employ cheaper labour from, erm, certain EU areas. Give local business incentives for taking able-bodied unemployed on training/apprenticeship/whatever so they have a chance of getting a job and justify their benefit.

Finally, tax business not on where they are based but on their UK income - bollocks to this 'we are based in Luxembourg' crap...

...evening Noodles :)

Burden/Contributor breakpoint stuff: Are you a contributor to, or a burden on, the nation's finances? - 'Squeezed middle' increasingly dependent on the state | This is Money

Stuff in that makes it look like ~£31k-ish.

The logging of companies that employ disproportionate amounts of immigrants was mentioned some time back. Still awaiting the outcome of that...

Wages at the lower end of the scale will never rise while the current immigration policy exists (What are these "New Commonwealth" countries supplying?). LibLabCon policies are not helping the majority of the UK electorate.

Last edited:
Burden/Contributor breakpoint stuff: Are you a contributor to, or a burden on, the nation's finances? - 'Squeezed middle' increasingly dependent on the state | This is Money

Stuff in that makes it look like ~£31k-ish.

The logging of companies that employ disproportionate amounts of immigrants was mentioned some time back. Still awaiting the outcome of that...

Wages at the lower end of the scale will never rise while the current immigration policy exists (What are these "New Commonwealth" countries supplying?). LibLabCon policies are not helping the majority of the UK electorate.

I'll reserve comment ... However, on the burden/contributor front perhaps it should be contributor/deserving beneficiary. On the immigration front - I feel a modern-day Jarrow March will be required. As far as politicians are concerned just think David Lammy (Labour). I'll stay non-cryptic, again, this guy thought white/black smoke indicated the race of the pope, Brie was an English cheese and Henry VII succeeded Henry VIII. We are led by idiots like this? No wonder we are in deep crap!

i`ve been unemployed for 6 months and have an extra bedroom that is shared between a 20 yr old with disabilites, a 6yr old and a 1 yr old on different weekends and during holidays, but as i am only the dad and not the main carer/parent i have to pay this new tax.

i too have the letter which says 'you have been awarded £72 as this is how much the law states you need to live off' then i find out i have to pay 14% of my rent (i must have missed the 14% drop in the cost of living to make this legal) .

i asked the council for help and they advised me to get part time job to make up the short fall.

i contacted the dwp and they said fine - i can work up to 16 hours per week, but after the first £5 i earn they deduct £1 for every £1 i earn
the job was a £2.70 a day return bus journey, 5 hours one day and 4 the next at £6.50 per hour pay.
so £58.50 a week , the dwp stop my dole for £53.50 and i pay £5.40 transport

well done david cameron you pric@ , i try to work and end up 40p worse off and still have to find the 14% bedroom tax.

oh -and the other option the council offered - get a lodger... cant see anyone agreeing to leave every friday night so i can have my kids for the weekend ??

regards
jase

I'll reserve comment ... However, on the burden/contributor front perhaps it should be contributor/deserving beneficiary. On the immigration front - I feel a modern-day Jarrow March will be required. As far as politicians are concerned just think David Lammy (Labour). I'll stay non-cryptic, again, this guy thought white/black smoke indicated the race of the pope, Brie was an English cheese and Henry VII succeeded Henry VIII. We are led by idiots like this? No wonder we are in deep crap!

Indeed it should be a deserving beneficiary. I'm sure at some point the safety net used to work.

I'm sure there would be a few more jobs if the comedy act Tony & Pals hadn't done what they did, although it started post-war. Cameron seems to be Tony's understudy but he'll start doing away with other levels of the employment strata with Indian graduates and now he's crawling to Brazil for something. Lib Dems triple university fees and Cameron invites Indian students over to study and stay as long as they want after they graduate and make £20k a year (hardly uncommon)...

Are there restrictions on the courses I wonder? 5M more media studies students is really what we need.

Is this not a planned destruction?

Indeed it should be a deserving beneficiary. I'm sure at some point the safety net used to work.

I'm sure there would be a few more jobs if the comedy act Tony & Pals hadn't done what they did, although it started post-war. Cameron seems to be Tony's understudy but he'll start doing away with other levels of the employment strata with Indian graduates and now he's crawling to Brazil for something. Lib Dems triple university fees and Cameron invites Indian students over to study and stay as long as they want after they graduate and make £20k a year (hardly uncommon)...

Are there restrictions on the courses I wonder? 5M more media studies students is really what we need.

Is this not a planned destruction?

Are you pulling my plonker M8? It's called 'the US approach to World Domination'. What you do is offer education opportunities to those countries that are growing then, when they graduate and go home, they are pro-UK. That means we can go over there and do 'good deals' in the future. That's good for business and, well, not so good for others...

In the meantime you depress some areas by deliberately not encouraging them because there are big rewards to be had. It may not be this decade but the African nations are on some people's sights now...

Are you pulling my plonker M8? It's called 'the US approach to World Domination'. What you do is offer education opportunities to those countries that are growing then, when they graduate and go home, they are pro-UK. That means we can go over there and do 'good deals' in the future. That's good for business and, well, not so good for others...

In the meantime you depress some areas by deliberately not encouraging them because there are big rewards to be had. It may not be this decade but the African nations are on some people's sights now...

Not everyone has been politically aware the duration of yourself :D. Scameron offered Degree + Staying Here to india.

Africa is in China's sights I guess due to their huge housing effort there: Photos Of A Massive Chinese-Built Ghost Town In Angola - Business Insider

Not everyone has been politically aware the duration of yourself :D. Scameron offered Degree + Staying Here to india.

Africa is in China's sights I guess due to their huge housing effort there: Photos Of A Massive Chinese-Built Ghost Town In Angola - Business Insider

Is that a polite way of saying I'm an old git? Lol

I think China was quick to recognise that they rapidly approach the point where labour in China will not be 'cost-effective' long-term so they'll look to poorer areas to exploit...

...didn't the West teach them well? :(

Back