Bedroom tax

i think it is stupid as here the housing benifits pay if your entitled to 1 bedroom you get 480 a month maximum, 2 bedrooms you get a maximum 625 housing benifit the council place we are in is 380 a month 3 bed we are only entilted to a 2 bed but the council only gave us this place a year ago so will have to pay 50 a month which will probably do as how much we have spent decorating and things and settled in plus my partner is a full time carer for her mum which is close.

so the hb are only going to pay for us 330 a month but if we decided to move into a private 2 bed place they will be happy to pay 625 a month

buy it and rent it back to yourself lol , that's madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Housing association round here has been doing this for years. They offer single oap's a cash lump sum to move and sheltered accomodation with a warden.

Just found this guy talking about this bedroom tax

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 bedroom place. I have my daugther shared resiedence and they said I will be charged the tax cause she does not live with me full time.

Saw this today on the net elsewhere may be of use to some of you. Hope its true and helps someone out

OK Peeps Bedroon Tax

If your small bedroom is 70sq ft or under it is classes as a box room therefore cannot be charged bedroom tax on it.

This is listed under the housing act 1985 section 326.

please use this don not take any excuses from the council as the housing act 1985 can only be changed by law.

measure your small room if its under 10 x 7 ft they cannot take the extra bedroom cash from you.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

The £375 billion spent on QE (more to follow probably) would have built a load of affordable housing and generated a load of jobs. A few banks would have gone to the wall but they're not much use to the average person anyway...

...then bedroom tax would have been 'not interesting'.

anyone hit with bedroom tax can

apply for DHB

Discretionary Housing Benefit

not new been about for years but not widely known or advertised

apply from your Local Authority

seen that going around on facebook an took no notice as thought it was spam shit,,, any members able to confirm this from a reliable source ??

anyone hit with bedroom tax can

apply for DHB

Discretionary Housing Benefit

not new been about for years but not widely known or advertised

apply from your Local Authority

100% genuine mate

phone your council they know all about it

had a quick look earlier shaun an couldnt see anything, ill have a good look tomorow,, prob well buried an out of the main pages, cheers for reply,,,,, North Lanarkshire

Who's your local council Mate, if you look on their site they should have a application form for it.

Last edited:
nice find shaun thanks, but that raises a question why the hell are they implementing this Bedroom Tax/Undercover Poll Tax if peeps can then claim it back,, now im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, can some1 explain WTF is it all about,,:err: :wtf:

Code:

Code:

guys this is not new

go see council policy lol

as for why implement this

politics mate

makes it look like this governmemt is trying to do something

when they aint

sad bit is if you work your screwed

nice find shaun thanks, but that raises a question why the hell are they implementing this Bedroom Tax/Undercover Poll Tax if peeps can then claim it back,, now im not the sharpest knife in the drawer, can some1 explain WTF is it all about,,:err: :wtf:

Some quick 'brownie points' - let's move a bit right without moving right...keep some whining bar-stewards happy without addressing the real problem - the benefit system is not joined up and largely stupid. Fixing it is pretty hard though because the bleeding hearts and liberals will stamp their feet...

...now, where was I?

Back