basic tut for claiming bank charges.

do they still pay out and can i follow this tut?

some poeple i know bottled it when the banks said no but this tutorial will give them new hope

nice tutorial btw

Yes you can still claim and yes they still pay out...but only on credit cards at the minute because of the test case on bank charges.

bit of info the test case by the oft against some of the major banks out there went ahead today they say it may last around 8 days and could possibly take till the end of the year before its all sorted. you can however still proceed to claim credit card charges as jaffa says.

dont know if this has been said already but some banks wont give a refund during the court case but on the FSA website if u are in financial trouble and are genuinely in need on the charges being dropped / refunded then the bank has to by law at the very least look into ur situation its called the FSA waiver

I'm at fortunately at a point where I have got on top of my finances and am looking to close some of the accounts that I have.
Is it possible to claim back charges from accounts that I have closed?
Wizbit

I'm at fortunately at a point where I have got on top of my finances and am looking to close some of the accounts that I have.
Is it possible to claim back charges from accounts that I have closed?
Wizbit

Yes but only back up to 6 years for bank accounts and 12 years for credit card accounts.

I claimed back about £3500 from the Halifax.

Did it in Scotland with 2 Summary Actions, as Ordinary Action limit was too small.

If anyone wants a walk through I kept a diary of events.

Edit: Although, you'll have to wait 'til March/April for the ruling on the court case.

Test Case

Hi,
I have all my bank charge details prepared and the letter ready to be sent off. Does anyone know what the latest situation is with the bank charges?

Hi,
I have all my bank charge details prepared and the letter ready to be sent off. Does anyone know what the latest situation is with the bank charges?

still waiting on the outcome of the case with the oft at the mo m8ty. hopefully it wont be much longer.

I was really lucky, I got mine sent in just in time before the case started and got £750 back. I was chuffed to bits. Good luck to everyone else trying to claim, I hope you get your money back too!! :)

Thanks m8 ive been stung by them bastards more than enough times, i think its about time i sting them twats
thanks a lot mate.

Im very interested in doing this, but is it worth starting this proceeding before the ruling of the courts?? I ask because my mate is going to court over this within the next 2 weeks. Abbey are taking this all the way. As I just got charged over 250 pounds for going over my OD limit this month, which put me over it again, vicious circle and all. Cheers in advance.

Im very interested in doing this, but is it worth starting this proceeding before the ruling of the courts?? I ask because my mate is going to court over this within the next 2 weeks. Abbey are taking this all the way. As I just got charged over 250 pounds for going over my OD limit this month, which put me over it again, vicious circle and all. Cheers in advance.

Personally m8, I would hold fire as the bank can just put it on hold until the court ruling. Unless you are in finacial hardship, which may force the court to allow it to proceed. Don't know how long this will go on for and if any appeal will be made after ruling which would halt it again.

Maybe sargie knows some updated news, I will try and find some out when I get the chance.

Personally m8, I would hold fire as the bank can just put it on hold until the court ruling. Unless you are in finacial hardship, which may force the court to allow it to proceed. Don't know how long this will go on for and if any appeal will be made after ruling which would halt it again.

Maybe sargie knows some updated news, I will try and find some out when I get the chance.

hey if your in a deadend circle you can call ur bank and explain this and they have to help you they cant use the court wavier as an excuse they have to help by law anyone thats in financial trouble i know for a fact cause i was in this situation only a few weeks ago and i called they told me they couldnt help i told them they have no choice as i was in genuine financial difficulty i was passed to a higher menber team leader i guess and within 10 mins i was back in the black by 18p and had, had quite an amount refunded back into my account within mins

hey if your in a deadend circle you can call ur bank and explain this and they have to help you they cant use the court wavier as an excuse they have to help by law anyone thats in financial trouble i know for a fact cause i was in this situation only a few weeks ago and i called they told me they couldnt help i told them they have no choice as i was in genuine financial difficulty i was passed to a higher menber team leader i guess and within 10 mins i was back in the black by 18p and had, had quite an amount refunded back into my account within mins

Yeah maggot m8, thats what I was saying, it has to be finacial hardship or they will use the courts waiver. I am hoping Janobi doesnt have that hardship and that he can bide his time until its settled, then go get his money back.

there ya go then janobi hope that helps ya jaffa is right :)

Cool, cheers guys. Aint financial hardship, just pi$$ed at bank. lol.

you could always just say u r having problems right now mate they dont know do they especially if u keep going into your o/d

I've seen you's on about its best waiting for now to file the claims untill the courts have ruled but im intrested to see if they do owe me any so would it be ok to send away for the initial statment now without pursuing it future for the moment ?

I've seen you's on about its best waiting for now to file the claims untill the courts have ruled but im intrested to see if they do owe me any so would it be ok to send away for the initial statment now without pursuing it future for the moment ?

Yeah draca thats fine, they still have to comply with your request for the information.

as jaffa says yes it is m8. use the SAR letter template from the ones i posted if you need any help with it drop me a pm. im sure jaffa would be just as pleased to help :).

Back