basic tut for claiming bank charges.

as jaffa says yes it is m8. use the SAR letter template from the ones i posted if you need any help with it drop me a pm. im sure jaffa would be just as pleased to help :).

I am only to pleased to help if your online light is off...lol. I did all this for a few years constant but have forgot most of it now...:proud: and besides that, some Norn Iron laws are different.

Cheers guys ill give it ago :) and thanks for the offer ill more them likely be asking for your help lol

Thanks

ANyone got any new information on how the case is goin

nothing has been announced yet m8 it is gonna be a lenghty process imo im waiting myself to claim back everything the halifax has stung me for.

well i think the case was supposed to run till april but could go on till the end of the year so i have read.

cheers though disapointing to hear that. But I suppose its like a wheelbarrow its ahead of us:banana::banana::banana:

Not sure if i'm correct or not but i thought i heard today on the radio that the banks lost the test case.:Clap::banana:

Can anyone confirm this as not 100% sure what was said about it

super

just been reading all the posts and geting lots of info.... looking on the net also. hope to get some dosh back! lol thanks :banana:

i started claiming my charges back last year i have nt had anything from the banks but i have had my credit card and mortgage payments back, so far i have had over 1k and i bet theres another 1k + when the banks case fails and they have to refund. I do think its us Loe public wwho will pay the price of them paying out all the money back though.

Hi would it be feasible for me to send off the SAR letter even though the court case is pending?

How far back can you claim?

Sargie, quality thread... thanks

Hi would it be feasible for me to send off the SAR letter even though the court case is pending?

How far back can you claim?

Sargie, quality thread... thanks

Yeah send it off, even if the banks appeal at least it will be with the bank, you can go back 6 years.

Sent my SAR today (to sign for)... Before it was sent i called HSBC Customer Services and got the address where this was going... I was told that i dont need to include the fee of £10 with the SAR, they will provide me the info.

Cool:banana:

Still no word on this? Anyone

Banks appealed so another wait I am afraid, although the judge has said it would help if the OFT made its finding about the amount of charge which is acceptable. I think its penned in for around August.

I sent of my claim and got the usual letter back saying the test case is on hold because of appeal or whatever. Anyway, should I now wait or continue as normal and file a claim with the courts?

remember that you can claim 6 years back also you can use estimated charge back with the interest, its upto them to prove you wrong! I sent copies of the court form with the initial letter stating if i hadnt heard from them by then they would be posted to my court. they didnt quibble and paid 680 straight away.

Always post to your local court then they cant be bothered to travel to attend, you win by default! no contest.

Back