• Put up and eat it

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • send it back

Votes: 57 95.0%

• Total voters

dogtoffee

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Was just out with the Mrs and kids, I ordered a medium done steak it came out very well done. I would usually put up with it and eat it but tonight i said feck it and send back. The second one was great. Just wondering what you's would do?

Was just out with the Mrs and kids, I ordered a medium done steak it came out very well done. I would usually put up with it and eat it but tonight i said feck it and sent back. The second one was great. Just wondering what you's would do? I got 10% off bill :proud:

send it back

it aint what you orderd so **** them!

get it sent!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i see ur in "All u can eat for a fiver" again ,,,lol

hope you enjoyed it

Yeah send it back eating out aint cheap so if it's not up to your standards then i think you should.

We had some burgers come out for the kids once and they were like cardboard,the kids wouldnt touch em we sent them back and they gave us free deserts for the hassle.

once. i asked for chicken curry and he sent me what appeared to be some sort of chicken knuckle in sauce Lol. kebabs are hard work lately ;)

Yeah send it back eating out aint cheap so if it's not up to your standards then i think you should.

We had some burgers come out for the kids once and they were like cardboard,the kids wouldnt touch em we sent them back and they gave us free deserts for the hassle.

Just right m8.

i dont usually like to make a big fuss over little things but was out with the missus once and got a chicken parmo (local teesside dish) and the chicken was uncooked in the thickest part of it and had blood in that part. luckily i only chewed it before noticing it so spat it back out. i sent it back but had already eat half so couldnt stomach another one. they gave me a free desert :proud: and took the parmo off the bill. if there is a major problem i will send it back getting a medium steak sent out well done is a big thing maybe getting it slightly over cooked yes but not that much. i used to work in a kitchen before and hated stuff coming back over the pettiest things, if it was a my mistake then yes but some of the excuses just use to piss me off, no wonder i got a job change lol:banana:

i see ur in "All u can eat for a fiver" again ,,,lol

hope you enjoyed it

That dont make a difference SEND IT BACK!!!!!
All that springs to mind is the Greek on the ad for money suppermarket Brits hate to haggle. As far as im concerned this aint haggling, your just getting the pi$$ taken out of you.
Best complaint ive had is a meal for 8 adults 4 children at a Harvester
4 adult and 3 kids meals were wrong or badly cooked as a result meal was free.
Best bit was when we came to pay the bill they even gave us the drinks free which was about the price of the meal. And yes we expected to pay for the drinks. One thing you have to bear in mind if you dont tell them they dont know anything is wrong so next person gets the same and might not complain and will they come back well no so lose of custom as well as the word of mouth. Bill was over £100 and because of the freebie we have all been back a few time and all was well

If it's a nice restaurant I'll send it back, if it's somewhere crappy I'll put up and eat the food or the next dish will contain more spit than an oil 'n ass video.

I'll complain about anything! If I'm not happy with whatever I've bought, and I think it's not as I've ordered, I'll say so.

The missus will just accept it, drives me mad! lol

Was just out with the Mrs and kids, I ordered a medium done steak it came out very well done. I would usually put up with it and eat it but tonight i said feck it and send back. The second one was great. Just wondering what you's would do?

Nothing wrong with sending it back if its not what you ordered
I would

I have done plenty of times and will do in the future, I think most don't bother cause they don't want to make a scene or are afraid to say anything.

Nothing worse than paying for something which isn't what you were expecting.

i hope the chef not marco pierre white,he'l stare at you until you take it
back and start eating it or they again he could have you thrown out lol

if you wernt satified with the food you were within your rights to complain
you know what they say,the customer is allways right ;)

We go out for something to eat every Friday.
Initially we wouldn't bother if the food wasn't up to scratch, we just wouldn't go back.

But one time we went out and 3 of us ordered a sizzling steak the other ordered a Chicken Tikka Massala.

When the sizzling steaks arrived they were so spicy my lips went numb.
My missus couldn't eat anything, I managed to scrape the topping off the steak and eat the steak and my sister who can eat really spicy food was having a go, but her face was getting redder and redder.
When they came to satisfaction check us it was the manager, who asked if everything was ok as he was passing.
I said actually no, will you taste my wifes meal and cut him a large piece.
He couldn't swallow it and had to spit it out into a napkin.
He said please bear with me.
He then went to the till and gave us a full refund
Then he went into the kitchen and dragged the chef out and threw him out of the door, he came back to the table and asked what we would now like to eat complimentary.
We all decided to have a free desert.
We went back the following week and all of our meals were lovely, but the sizzling steak was not on the menu any more.

We now complain if the food is cold, badly cooked or raw.
We do bear in mind that if we pay 3 quid for a carvery then the vegeatables may not be perfect.

It depends...

If it's something which needs cooked a tad more, I'll be nice about it and ask for them to give it a bit more time.

If it's got a hair, or anything else unsavoury, I'd kick up a stink and would not eat anything else from that establishment.

On eating out, I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and tried my steak medium rare, normally I go for well done (or in Spain, bien hecho).
It was lovely, I'm now a convert.

I went shopping for her indoors today & asked the butcher for 4 x lamb shanks for myself, Mrs Rom & both the heirs to R0m mansions.
They were cooked to perfection in tomato & basil sauce, the meat fell off the bone...I knew I married her for something.

No qualms about sending it back mate, its not what you asked for simple, at our place if anything ever comes back they get a fresh one whatever it was, and normally an offer of a free dessert.

I would send it back if I wasn't happy with it, if its a decent restaurant the chef will make sure you get it right 2nd time, I aint bothered by people saying they may spit on it or whatever, a decent restaurant will not do that. If its a restaurant you have not been to before and don't know if its decent, well then you take your chances but it wouldn't phase me one bit, if they want paid then they should please their customers.

At saying that, I am not that fussy, if I ordered medium rare and it came out well done, I would try it and if it tasted good I would eat it but if it tasted bad I would send it back.

Poll seems pretty conclusive so far.

A restaurant just doesnt want your money for that meal, they want your money time and time again so there should be no problems sending it back.

Back