Would you send food back?

what would you do ?

• Put up and eat it

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • send it back

Votes: 57 95.0%

• Total voters
I would send it back if I wasn't happy with it, if its a decent restaurant the chef will make sure you get it right 2nd time, I aint bothered by people saying they may spit on it or whatever, a decent restaurant will not do that. If its a restaurant you have not been to before and don't know if its decent, well then you take your chances but it wouldn't phase me one bit, if they want paid then they should please their customers.

At saying that, I am not that fussy, if I ordered medium rare and it came out well done, I would try it and if it tasted good I would eat it but if it tasted bad I would send it back.

I did try it it was like easting rubber that's why it went back:proud:

Poll seems pretty conclusive so far.

A restaurant just doesnt want your money for that meal, they want your money time and time again so there should be no problems sending it back.

I see that know m8 never again will i put up with muck

i cant see no poll on this thread or do i need :specsavers:

lol i posted thread with poll lol

mabe not lol

try refreash or a mod sort it for me

not on stella lol

sorry m8 getting what your getting now

Yes i agree with everyone on this subject. We work for our money and when we spend it you want to enjoy spending it. I have my steak well done and first thing i do is cut it straight in half and any sign of blood its goin back.

Went for a curry friday just gone with few lads from work and what a fcuk up nite that turned out to be.

I wanted a mix vindaloo but they dont do them had to have a hot balti, Fried rice but they dont do it so had to have boiled and tried ordering a beer but dont sell it so ordered a coke.

Bloke brought all the drings and decided to fcuk the pint of coke all over me and when i say all over me i mean, hair, face, top and jeans. I couldnt stop lafing cuz if its goin to happen to anyone it will happen to me.

After complaining we got another round of drinks for free and we all got desserts free to. :Clap:

As you can imagine everyone else was happy and i was sitting there feeling like i had pissed myself.

I'm not going to risk some spiteful chef spitting on or dragging my food across the floor before returning it to me, so if someone serves me something I'm not happy with, I just get up and leave.

I would send it back Keith but im usually very polite on how i complain unless they are being complete dicks then i would do what SDD and Munkey suggest, i would walk.

A love going out for a good meal even though the missus is a chef, at least once a week.
I love going to a wee place called the bothy in Partick, Glasgow as they do good homemade Scottish food then its a few stella's down ma neck and off to the comedy club for a giggle every Friday night.

@Seedy--- am converted with the old steak aswell mate and if its well done a send the bugger back..

I'm not going to risk some spiteful chef spitting on or dragging my food across the floor before returning it to me, so if someone serves me something I'm not happy with, I just get up and leave.

lol it doesn't happen mate it's all just a myth if u ask me, suppose it depends if the place is decent and not scruffy. In the 5 year or so i worked in a kitchen I never seen it happen once :)

normally, i wouldn't say nowt and just leave it - get a maccy's on the way home!

However, in these hard times, the missus has turned into a right money saving expert and last time we were out, my pasta was cold and watery - so she complained - we got it replaced AND didn't have to pay for it!

It's never as bad as you think , be polite and remember you're paying for it!

Emarald sends them all back.

It was a joke, let's not get touchy!

Anyway, yes I would, and have sent food back. The main problem has been undercooked food (ie fish still translucent in the middle).

lol mozr

as for me i dont like to make a fuss so if somethings only a bit wrong i usually just put up with it, which really i shouldnt, maybe this thread will inspire me in future lol.

if it was something like uncooked in the middle as mentioned above then i would definatly complain about that.

Emarald sends them all back.

It was a joke, let's not get touchy!

Anyway, yes I would, and have sent food back. The main problem has been undercooked food (ie fish still translucent in the middle).

Think I may have went to that restaurant aswell mozr, Is this it...:proud:

OTHERS_72849_4.jpg

I had a blazing row with my mate the other day.

I said that sushi is raw fish. He said that whilst not being cooked in the traditional sense (ie applying heat to it), it was 'cooked' by blending it using ingredients.

Looking at wikipedia, sushi is actually cooked rice, that can be topped with fish but not necessarily. So we were both wrong, and I probably shouldn't have punched him that hard.

Back