What do I need in order to compile a dm800se image?

IAmATeaf

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've scanned through the 8 pages here, to be honest it was pretty much skim post-reading but I'd like to be able to compile crossepg from source. So far ellie1998 has been kind enough to do this for me but I can quickly see this turning into an annoyance for ellie.

So far I've installed Ubuntu 11.10 in a VM on my W7 laptop so am wondering if somebody has a crib sheet on what I need to do/install to get this going.

It's not an annoyance but the missus has a list of honey do's for me :(

I don't use 11.10 I use 10.4 lts you need a lot of space, I used to use virtualbox with a 16gb virtual drive, i'm pretty sure the 8gb vm one isn't big enough. I have a dual boot system now which defaults to ubuntu as I rarely use windows nowadays.

I use this to setup my build environment.
OpenPli Ubuntu build howto It's an excellent tutorial for getting your build environment.

I use the attached makefile
The 1st one takes forever and will not be clone friendly
It will bomb out on some source files, I have attached the ones I can remember they go into the sources direct (will be made by the makefile), they need to be uncompressed and the seperate files put into the sources directory.

If/When you get any errors post them here, setting up the environment can be a pain but once it's working everything comes smooth.

I will get a go on the files you want in a minute and hopefully post up tonight or in the morning before church.

Attachments

• Makefile-2.1.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 3
  • needed.zip
    29.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've got it all setup thanks to the link you posted, started again as I just used the default 8gb to do the base install of Linux, did a re-install using a 20gb disk.

Tried an initial compile of openpli as per the link you provided which obviously failed so I'll spend tomorrow looking at that, that's on the basis that the sun doesn't shine as if it does the wife want the lawn cut and her car washed and vacuumed :)

Once I've got that sorted I'll look at compiling crossepg.

copy and paste the errors from the terminal in this thread and we can help with the errors, not worth reinventing the wheel.
I will be back around 2 this afternoon from church.
I forget the problems now as I keep using my old base system.

itll fail quite a few times due to missing source files m8, but, heres ALL of them

theyre grouped together, so files starting a,b,c are in one file, d-e-f in another etc, so you can download just the one you want

the start of the address for all of them is

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

followed by the file that you want

Code:

download and unpack into your /sources/ folder and try the compile again

these files work for me for ALL models of receiver

sources.JPG

Just so that you know how much each file holds, heres the file sizes etc

here are the files
they go in the sources directory.
You need to check if there is a file already there ending in .lock if there is delete it/them.

I can zip up my whole build but it's quite large but should be under 3 gb.
Did you put in the sources that craig posted ?, the system will download them anyway so easier to just put them in.

Attachments

• stb.tools.e2control_project-valerie.googlecode.com_.svn.trunk_1162_.tar.gz
    4.6 KB · Views: 1
  • stb.tools.libshowiframe_project-valerie.googlecode.com_.svn.trunk_1162_.tar.gz
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ValerieMediaCenter_project-valerie.googlecode.com_.svn.trunk_1162_.tar.gz
    3 MB · Views: 1
ellie1998, yep done those commands.

Stupid question time but does it matter where I create the initial openpli folder? I just created in within the logged in users home folder, also which folder are you in when you run the make command? The reason I ask is that I have folders like openembedded and sources in both the users home folder and within the openpli folder.

ellie1998, yep done those commands.

Stupid question time but does it matter where I create the initial openpli folder? I just created in within the logged in users home folder, also which folder are you in when you run the make command? The reason I ask is that I have folders like openembedded and sources in both the users home folder and within the openpli folder.

OpenPli folder inside your Home folder, and then openembedded and sources folder inside the OpenPli folder :)

Also run the make command from inside the openpli folder

Last edited:
Cheers wiz :)

No idea why I never spotted this but the file openpli-2.1_oe-sources_ghi.tar.bz2 doesn't download correctly, the download stops with couldn't read source file. Is there another place I can get this file from?

Just checking it here myself for you m8,
Is there any particular package you need from it?

to be honest I
Code:
put all my files in the openpli/sources folder, The ghi folder has lots of files you want , the build should pull them all down anyway if you can't get it though.
Then I just
Code:
For the 1st build.

I don't know if you have done it yet but applications, accesories, right click terminal and select add to panel will make terminal much easier to start.
Everything should be under openpli (or whatever you choose to put it under. mine is dw (dm800se) dwvu (vuduo) )
The makefile I posted is for the dm800se box.

wiz, I've started the download of the file again.

Again stupid question time, but for the files that digi posted, do I unpack each in turn and then unpack the packed files within each in turn so that I end up with a bunch of folders in sources. Do I need to do anything with the the MD5 files or are they there just there to confirm the hashs?

wiz, I've started the download of the file again.

Again stupid question time, but for the files that digi posted, do I unpack each in turn and then unpack the packed files within each in turn so that I end up with a bunch of folders in sources. Do I need to do anything with the the MD5 files or are they there just there to confirm the hashs?

sugar I just switched back from my ubuntu dual boot as I thought you were gone off lol,
when you download digi's files and unzip them I think it leaves you with tar.bz files or similiar,
put those into your sources folder without unzipping them :)

they have to be taken from their folders and put straight into the /sources folder with no subdirectorys.
the md5 go in the sources as well, the system will remake them anyway.
I think digi's files were put into folders as it was easier to pack the tar files this way.

All files in sources with no directory structure in sources.
make sure you delete any files that are in sources that end in .lock before you put in digi's files.
.lock means failed/unavailable download

wiz types quicker than me :)

Thanks guys, no idea why it wouldn't work before but I've just created another VM and it's now downloading the files into sources, rather than interrupt it I'm just going to leave it to download.

Back