dm800se "Bricked" After Uninstalling CrossEPG - Fails To Flash Image ?

I used this flashup sunray-flashup.rar

Hi mate i have used both.one the flashup with sim 210 and now browser with sim A8P.
you do the same thing flash first bootloader with flashup once flashed pull the plug/kill power for a bit..make sure box is switched of on the back switch and plug back in,set up flashup again ie box detected dm800se and flash the image and then flash bootloader again straight after without closing or rebooting.
what i found with flash up was it was not finding my ip address so i would set it all up open flashup and you can see that ip is wrong or not there so i would do a dummy flash of something and close flashup,,i would then open flashup again and in the drop down bit my ip was there and was able to flash

I connected to the box using the flashup tool using the following steps:

1. Loaded virtual com port driver on the PC.
2. With the box turned on plugged in the mini usb cable to the service port and the PC.
3. Turned off the box, at the rear power switch and unplugged the power lead.
4. Opened up the flashup tool and checked the IP addresses, all OK, ticked use network connection, selected com 3 (virtual com port).
5. Clicked the connect button in the flashup tool at which point it prompted me to turn on the box.
6. Turned on the box and saw the flash loader file being transferred to the box from the flashup tool and then initiating http mode.
7. Opened up web browser, typed address of box, selected firmware upgrade, selected bootloader, clicked "Flash" button in web browser.

Nothing, the box failed to flash, the bootloader file did not transfer.

I repeated it all using firefox instead of internet explorer, same, nothing, the bootloader file failed to transfer. There were no eror messages about invalid images etc, it just did not flash the file.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Last edited:
not seeing anything wrong with methods you do mate

it should work

I agree, it should work but it does not, the box is bolloxed as far as I can see. It boots every time to the point where it gives the "stop" message then hangs at that point.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Last edited:
Hurrah, get the flags out, finally got it to flash.

I used the recommendation of "AJT" which was as follows should anyone find themselves in a similar situation.

1. Turned off the box at the rear power switch AND pulled out the mains power cable.
2. Connected the LAN cable to the box and also LAN cable to PC
3. Plugged in the mains power cable, keeping pressed down the power button on the bottom front right I turned on the rear power switch.
4. The box cycled through the display messages until it got to the "stop" message at which point I released the power button on the front right of the box.
5. The IP address of the box was displayed in the front panel, made a note of this.
6. Opened up Firefox we browser and typed in the IP address of the box in the address bar then pressed enter.
7. Firefox connected to the box and gave the web page, selected firmware upgrade option at the botton of the page.
8. Selected the ssl84b bootloader and flashed it to the box, once finished pressed the Firefox BACK button and selected the DreamboxUK clone dm800se image and flashed this image. Pressed the BACK button if Firefox again and selected the ssl84b bootloader again and flashed it to the box.
9. After the final flash of the bootloader ssl84b, pressed the reboot button on the Firefox web page to reboot the box.

It booted OK into the DreamboxUK image.

Many thanks for everyones input on the thread and also for bearing with me as I tried to sort it out, your help has been most appreciated.

For any poor soul who finds themselves in a similar situation, if you stumble across this topic I hope the method I had success with that is outlined above is helpful.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Hurrah, get the flags out, finally got it to flash.

I used the recommendation of "AJT" which was as follows should anyone find themselves in a similar situation.

1. Turned off the box at the rear power switch AND pulled out the mains power cable.
2. Connected the LAN cable to the box and also LAN cable to PC
3. Plugged in the mains power cable, keeping pressed down the power button on the bottom front right I turned on the rear power switch.
4. The box cycled through the display messages until it got to the "stop" message at which point I released the power button on the front right of the box.
5. The IP address of the box was displayed in the front panel, made a note of this.
6. Opened up Firefox we browser and typed in the IP address of the box in the address bar then pressed enter.
7. Firefox connected to the box and gave the web page, selected firmware upgrade option at the botton of the page.
8. Selected the ssl84b bootloader and flashed it to the box, once finished pressed the Firefox BACK button and selected the DreamboxUK clone dm800se image and flashed this image. Pressed the BACK button if Firefox again and selected the ssl84b bootloader again and flashed it to the box.
9. After the final flash of the bootloader ssl84b, pressed the reboot button on the Firefox web page to reboot the box.

It booted OK into the DreamboxUK image.

Many thanks for everyones input on the thread and also for bearing with me as I tried to sort it out, your help has been most appreciated.

For any poor soul who finds themselves in a similar situation, if you stumble across this topic I hope the method I had success with that is outlined above is helpful.

Cdmt
Pimpi

I am really happy you got sorted out mate,i been through it,and it aint good..happy viewing.

glad you got it mate

the wonders of this hobby beats the viewing

Back