Noob here wanting to getting into CS..what box do I need to get?

What's this all about i need a card in the box? or sim card??

Thought it was just plug and enter the codes? no viewing cards??

Needed to do your homework before you started buying ;)

You either need a legit sub or else go down the cs route which we dont like to go into details about here,practicalities yes,actualities no :)

Needed to do your homework before you started buying ;)

You either need a legit sub or else go down the cs route which we dont like to go into details about here,practicalities yes,actualities no :)

I did do my home work!!

Just wondered what people were going on about when a sim card was involved.

And why would anyone buy one of these with a subscription? Keep the sky box is the nuts!

I have a viewing card but it's FTA only now on the sly+ box

I also know you need to have CCAM INSTALLED

Just wondered if the box needed a card in it or not or a sim card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did do my home work!!

Just wondered what people were going on about when a sim card was involved.

And why would anyone buy one of these with a subscription? Keep the sky box is the nuts!

I have a viewing card but it's FTA only now on the sly+ box

I also know you need to have CCAM INSTALLED
Just wondered if the box needed a card in it or not or a sim card.

Sim card is totally different thing to a viewing card,which I presumed you were talking about,based on your earlier questions,

But sure if you are receiving PM's about access to channels then you know all there is to know now ;)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Yea just wanted to know what the sim card was about really and is it important?

Yea just wanted to know what the sim card was about really and is it important?

lol meant to answer that in my last post :)

Some E2 receivers have a sim card,which is basically a security feature to stop people counterfeiting their goods etc

you dont need a sim card for an openbox mate, who mentioned it? or did you read about it in another thread? also, if your just going to connect to a server no card is required to be in your box. the openbox firmware already has cccam installed so if you are going to use cccam you just enter your details and off you go!

you dont need a sim card for an openbox mate, who mentioned it? or did you read about it in another thread? also, if your just going to connect to a server no card is required to be in your box. the openbox firmware already has cccam installed so if you are going to use cccam you just enter your details and off you go!

No one told me just read it on threads and sort of absorbed it in and wondered why.

But I'm to totally clear on it now :)

My box has been shipped so should get it 2moro or Friday :)

Then il try update firmware to lastest (if it's not already got it)

Then install CCam if it doesn't have it already

And I'm
Good to go?!! :)

cccam is already included built into the boxes firmware so I'd spend the time trying to find a good channel list before tomorrow matey :)

cccam is already included built into the boxes firmware so I'd spend the time trying to find a good channel list before tomorrow matey :)

You mean channel list as in the favourites right? I've downloaded AJ's list.

it's arrived! Only ordered is yesterday morning :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358423112.949992.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358423139.221796.jpg

Can't wait to get it home and plug it in :)

well wen u decide to buy a proper box ..
For solid cross EPG you will need a decent Linux box , that fits internal HDD with a dual tuner .
Look no further than a VU + box mate , you will not regret it .

Enjoy

Back