what can i do with sd card with these files

whogiveaffff

Inactive User
Reaction score
i been given a sd card from a friend who says it got loads snes games that play on the wii but he dont know anything about as it was is son i plug it to my wii but nothing so i was hoping some might be able to help the folder names on the sd are

apps
fceugx
genplus
snes9x9x
usb-loader
wad
installer is a text doc

look in your "apps" folder, see if the snes emulater is there.

if it is, then launch try launching it hthrough the homebrew channel.

whats in the snes9x9x folder? is it a list of roms?

yes thier is roms in the snes9x9x folder can find any homebrew channels my wii is standard version 4.2e

in apps are these folders

fceugx
genplus
snes9x9x
usb-loader

you will need to softmod your wii m8,

this file in apps will be the emulater. snes9x9x

how do i go about it are the files on the sd card could you please point me in the right way

easiest way to do it now is modmii.

you will need to google it... ;)

the modmii wizard will ask you what you want to do, then download everything you need and make a custom tut for you.. :)

i just downloaded modmii and i going to give it a try will i be able to play all the snes games from the sd once i modded it

you should be able to launch the emulator from homebrew channel and play the games. (havn't tried it myself right enough)

well thanks to all your help i have a homebrew channel and a usb loader all i need to know now is how put all the game i have in the the house on to the hard drive to save them from the kids scarhing the and can i down load games like you do on the ds and save them to the hard drive

nice 1. modmii is a great piece of kit .. :)

couple of questions.

1. which usb loader did you instal? config usb loader or wiiflow?
2. which file system did you choose? fat32 or ntfs?

thats good, thats the best way.

modmii should have put a program called "gui formatter" on your desktop, you will need to use this to format your harddrive to fat32.

you should also have a folder somewhere called "copy to harddrive", open it and copy everything inside to your harddrive. (if you have not done this already)

once you have done that, then connect it to the wii on the bottom usb port.

backing up disks to hardrive is easy.

1. launch the usb loader channel
2. insert disk
3 press the "+" button on the wii remote.
thats it, the wii will backup the disk for you.. :)

you should also have aa program called "wiibackup manager" on your desktop.

you can download wii games, then use this to convert them to wbfs files and then transfer them to the "wbfs" folder on your harddrive.. :)

the wii aint seeing the usb drive am i missing something i tried the 2 usb ports on the back

have you formatted it to fat 32 and copied the filess from the copy to usb folder?

what files are on harddrive?

i just had another go at and i notice i usb loader on the wii main channel menu that never seen hd and usb loader on the homebrew channel which see the hd can i remove the one on the main menu

so what happens when you try to lauch the usb loader channel?

is there any text on bottom right hand side of screen?

also on this page of modmii did you select usb?

Capture.JPG

inot all harddrives are compatable with wii's, it is recommended to use a mains powered harddrive as opposed to a usb powered drive.

if you have a usb pen kicking around, you could copy the folders from harddrive to pen and see if that works...
just foir testing, so doesn't need to be a big pen...

Back