Tree problem

B

Bulld0g

Looking for a bit of advice from any gardners out there. I've just felled 5-6 trees and i was wondering whats the best way to poison them off. they're just above the ground about 12" or so. They were near the house and quite big so i want to kill them off at the roots and dig em out.So anyone any advice for me.

What trees are they ? Copper nails and you can also buy stuff from garden centres to put on. Or if i was you hire a stump grinder and take them below ground level or you coukld pay a contractor to do it. they are simple enough machines to operate and i removes about 30 Leyandi stumps with one.

Beech trees m8. I had heard about copper nails and also engine oil. But don't know if these are genuine remedies. I was thinking of a stump grinder but they will only take it to ground level and the roots will not be dead. I need to kill the roots and get rid of the trees altogether.

Beech trees m8. I had heard about copper nails and also engine oil. But don't know if these are genuine remedies. I was thinking of a stump grinder but they will only take it to ground level and the roots will not be dead. I need to kill the roots and get rid of the trees altogether.

im a qualified tree surgeon m8 , u grind that stump out and i garantee u that tree wont be growing back . if your looking for a poison soloution then i suggest timbrelle. dont know how readily available this is for the public to buy but thats what we spray stumps with at our place .

if u want a fast solotion go with the stump grinder , may i suggest a decent one if its a beech tree as beech is hard wood !!

hope this helps

regards robby

Now you have the answer bulldog...I am gonna send these people round to fix it for you...lol

I used a few rusty nails and then poured washing up liquid into the stump. Worked a treat.

Waiting or those nails to rust did take months though......

im a qualified tree surgeon m8 , u grind that stump out and i garantee u that tree wont be growing back . if your looking for a poison soloution then i suggest timbrelle. dont know how readily available this is for the public to buy but thats what we spray stumps with at our place .

if u want a fast solotion go with the stump grinder , may i suggest a decent one if its a beech tree as beech is hard wood !!

hope this helps

regards robby

Thanks for that info robby. It look like i'll be hirung a stump grinder then :)

Thanks for that info robby. It look like i'll be hirung a stump grinder then :)

no problem m8 , hope u can get it sorted . ps might b a good idea to hav a check on what cables if any r running under the stump . wouldnt wanna hit a gas pipe or electric cable with the stump grinder : shocked2

regards robby

pmsl at dutcho (mickie hits search button)

i remember years and years ago (maybe 20 lol) my dad put a copper bar in the middle of this tree that was making our old sky pictures go fuzzy from the leaves in the summer

that fooking tree is still standing lol never looked better lol, i even looked at the back and you can still see part of the bar sticking out lol

Hey robby, how can you kill off a fully grown tree on the sligh then ? In case I ever need to lol.

try a little bit of Semtex that's will solve your problem.

and may I suggest maybe the night of the 5th of november may be a good time to do it.

just blame the local neds.lol

hope this helps

regards robby

My Auntie had this done which you says works and the roots r still growing now as she had the roots go into the drainage system and had to get the water board in to repair them.

Mr P

I have had some success with drilling holes and pouring DERV in.

The only thing to be aware of though, is as the roots rot, you may get a fungus infection (looks like little toadstools) growing above the path of the roots. The only way to get rid of the fungus then is to dig out the rotten roots and remove the infected soil completely. Dont ask me how I know......

get a chainsaw and cut groves in the stump if its a stump water sits in there and it rots. next best thing is a stump grinder. if you want to poison it try some red diesel if you can get it.

How about some water with a hint of bleach?

Take a few watering's before anything starts to happen but should solve your problem!

Don't know what effect that would have on the environment though. :(

Just read this on the bbc website....sounds good to me:)

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]treat the stump with sodium chlorate weedkiller, a powerful oxidiser. Wait a number of weeks and then light - the stump will go off like a firework.
[/FONT]

I Cut my parents trees down to stump level then drilled some deep 13mm holes all over the stumps and found some roots not to far down kept filling the holes with diesel and poring it round the roots for a couple weeks are so well it killed the trees but it also killed every thing else in a few meters radious this was about 6 year ago nothing will still grow lol so only use diesel if you plan on nacking your soil for life :Kickassro

Back