Wired Video doorbell advice/installation

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting a video doorbell but don’t want to pay a sub etc, for things I would probably not need or use. Plus I’m not wanting to pay too much if possible.

Is this one decent? Lorex 2K Wired Video Doorbell

I have a wired in doorbell - friedland 8-16v chime (see pic) from when the house was built 25 ish years ago, and a M412 R.D.L. bell transformer next to the consumer unit.

if I’m understanding the requirements (a good chance I’m not) for most wired doorbell cameras I would need to replace the transformer for a 16-24v. I notice on the bell I linked to has a sd card in the camera for recording, is there a set up with a chime unit type thing for indoors (maybe to replace the old chime) with a sd/usb for recording in it? Or is that not possible, I’m thinking burglars would just pull off the camera/bell outside with the recording in it.

Any help advice recommendations for transformer/doorbell camera etc would be welcome.

IMG_20230505_075649.jpgIMG_20230506_131255.jpg

Get a ring wired doorbell no need for a sub if you don't need it or get a eufy wired doorbell no sub
I done a ring wired doorbell for my sister, wired it with a wall socket plug Wired Transformer for Ring
I have a ring wireless doorbell with the sub
Same here. Bought the wired doorbell with the Ring plug adapter in a Prime sale a couple of years back. Never fancied drilling through though so got the wireless doorbell. Gave my mate the wired one for a birthday present a couple of months ago.
I only paid £45 for it and the adapter during the sale

Same here. Bought the wired doorbell with the Ring plug adapter in a Prime sale a couple of years back. Never fancied drilling through though so got the wireless doorbell. Gave my mate the wired one for a birthday present a couple of months ago.
I only paid £45 for it and the adapter during the sale
Ys same price as I got it for my sister, I drilled a hole in the door and ran the wire across the door at the hindges side to a wall socket which was already there, could not door hers like mine in the "peep/spy hole" cos she did not have one as its partly a glass door
Myself I got the wireless one which goes into the peep/spy hole of the door, got it for £30

DVC_angle.png

Back