does anyone use the mission usb cable on there firestick

Just snip the tabs off the old one at the top of the battery and get the one Hippie has posted then solder the new batter on .

Get the polarity correct + and -

how do you know its the battery and not the board?
If it was me I would not bother with it, just buy a new one tight *ss :rolleyes:

I wouldn't dive into replacing the battery without doing some basic checks first. There is a fair bit of circuitry in between the usb port and the battery but only really revolves around a lithium charger ic and a booster converter ic.
In it's most basic form the charging circuit will allow charging to occur between 3 and 4.2 volts which is where it will stop charging. The booster/converter circuit will take this voltage and boost it to 5v at a preset current, probably 1A.

With the device connected the voltage across the battery should read between 3v and 4.1v till it reaches 4.2v and the charging ic will shutdown. With the device disconnected the voltage across the battery should be very close to the 3.7v rating of the battery.

As Joe said though, too cheap to bother with.
For testing purposes I soldered a wire to a couple of small button magnets for a quick easy connection.

how do you know its the battery and not the board?
If it was me I would not bother with it, just buy a new one tight *ss :rolleyes:
i dont lol , just guessing , i have purchased a new one which is working just fine see post 13 lol , but me being me likes to try to get things working as they should be if i can , just the way i am , if after trying it works bonus , if not oh well never mind

Back