Tottenham shooting: Police cars on fire after protest

Status
Not open for further replies.
another thing is the whole area is so run down and all the free courses and centers are all closed down so now you have hundreds of people no work and drink and drugs are high, boredom kicks in and bang you must expect something to happen. the whole area needs investing in and the council needs to stop filling up the area with unemployed families as this makes the situation worst.

i was brought up around Tottenham in the 70s n 80s and its got worst and hardly ever see bobbies on the street any more. which nowadays you just see a lot of youth with no hope its becoming the Bronx in the us and the bobbys on the beat are no more. just hear sirens and helicopters around the area.

i think it can change and there is hope but it will come as a way of helping those off the street and getting them into some sort of work and keeping there minds busy.

About an hour ago i was driving up the A406 pass redbridge In total i saw about 15 police cars and vans driving the opposit way doing atleast 100mph no doubt something kicking off again.

all said and done if the fella never shot at police. he would still be alive and there would be no riots..
my view its just another plastic gangster of the streets selling drugs robbing ppl... not a big loss to the world is he ..

all said and done if the fella never shot at police. he would still be alive and there would be no riots..
my view its just another plastic gangster of the streets selling drugs robbing ppl... not a big loss to the world is he ..

if that is the truth

Mark Duggan was a well respected member of his community. "Mark was a dad, he was a good person, he used to look after his kids, he used to organise fundraising days, he used be a person if there was any trouble he would stop it, if there was anybody fighting he would come in the middle of it and stop it." " There is now a mood of anxiety in the local community but everyone must remain calm. David Lammy MP "

if that is the truth

Mark Duggan was a well respected member of his community. "Mark was a dad, he was a good person, he used to look after his kids, he used to organise fundraising days, he used be a person if there was any trouble he would stop it, if there was anybody fighting he would come in the middle of it and stop it." " There is now a mood of anxiety in the local community but everyone must remain calm. David Lammy MP "
they forgot to say he could of killed a police man when he opened fired on him lol

Clearly the Tottenham riots are about more than just the Mark Duggan death. They are about a breakdown of the relationship between police and a significant part of the community in this part of North London. Lately, it seems that Britain’s police believe they can keep law and order solely through force. But there was a time, not so long ago, when the police recognized the need to inspire trust and confidence. Are those days over?

sorry gav but by robbing and looting shops and burning ppl's homes and taking a way to make a living of ppl is not the way to do it .. or may be there right and every decent person might be wrong. !!! ???
Its just an excuse to do what they do best

Last edited:
sorry gav but by robbing and looting shops and burning ppl's homes and taking a way to make a living of ppl is not the way to do it .. or may be there right and every decent person might be wrong. !!! ???

no the action they did is bad man and was wrong no doubt and no excuse for there action and they should all be brought to justice

they forgot to say he could of killed a police man when he opened fired on him lol

initial ballistics tests on the bullet lodged in the officer's radio show that it was a police issued bullet – and had not therefore been fired by Duggan or anyone else in the area.

well if thats the case the police man that shot him should be done for murder ... was there a weapon found by duggan ?
y was the armed officer's there ?.. am not trying to be a twat m8. just want to find out... still no excuse for whats gone on since the shooting though.
it just reminds me of toxteth in the 80's. was just an excuse to riot in stead of sitting down

well if thats the case the police man that shot him should be done for murder ... was there a weapon found by duggan ?
y was the armed officer's there ?.. am not trying to be a twat m8. just want to find out... still no excuse for whats gone on since the shooting though.
it just reminds me of toxteth in the 80's. was just an excuse to riot in stead of sitting down

yes m8 the riot is out of order indeed

but im sure we are all waiting for the result of the investigation into the shooting.

Hope they catch all the riot leaders and looters as well as those committing arson as well. terrible situation - and they would use any excuse to cause such a devastation on the public and the police

Times are hard, the shooting is a perfect excuse for many to go out "shopping". Disgusting, if they were really outraged, they would argue and stand up for Duggan instead of running around stealing Macbooks from Comet.

There is obviously more to this than meets the eye, and the area by all accounts was a tinderbox just waiting to go off, im not condoning the riots or the looting but people will only take so much as we have seen time and time again.

initial ballistics tests on the bullet lodged in the officer's radio show that it was a police issued bullet – and had not therefore been fired by Duggan or anyone else in the area.
Source ? or you got a link for that story gav ?

yep i live a few mins from city centre i hear the bull ring has been looted (unconfirmed)

what would they do if the men with the guns came out with the police would the run and stop or what lol

God help us if this ever happens to KFC!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back