TomTom 5 Finding Satellite

nipp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey, Got a copy of TomTom 5 and it seems forever to pick up a Satellite, sometimes it can take upto an hour. Has any1 else experieced this problem and have any idea how to improve it?

what type of receiver do you have?
and what baud rate have you set.

i.e a non tomtom receiver NEMA should be set to 4800.

ive decide to update to TomTom 6, i hope this will cure the problem.

k got tomtom6 on now. Its even worse, i get no connection at all. settings are other NMEA GPS reciever, Baud rate 9600. All i get all the time is no valid GPS signal. Any1 any ideas?

k got tomtom6 on now. Its even worse, i get no connection at all. settings are other NMEA GPS reciever, Baud rate 9600. All i get all the time is no valid GPS signal. Any1 any ideas?

Are you trying to get a signal inside the house because when I try inside the house I don't get a signal but when I step outside I get a signal in about 10 mins.

1st thing we are going to need to know is what type of receiver are you using my mio 168 only takes about 30 sec max to lock on and start working

I sometimes have a problem with my TT5.
It can take up to 20 minutes to get a suitable lock.

I run an HP 2210, with a BCS-307 MMC type GPS

When I check the GPS settings in TT, it usually shows up to 4 satellites connected, but no 3D lock on them for ages.

This was never a problem on TT3, but they have gone backward with each new release, as far as the GPS connection goes.

right got it sorted. had the baud rate set to 4800. as soon as i changed to to 9600 i got a connection. connects alot faster on tomtom 6 than it did on 5. im using a pocket-loox N500 by the way. Cheers for every1s input.

Back