Tm800 hd crashing

did it solve it? regards mdt

No it did not crashed a few times before I abandoned project last night. I will go to the dish end this morning and re-terminate. The techie at Technomate was saying something about installers not using silicon grease or tape which according to him lets moisture in over time. Just for the sake of ruling it out I will cut off the end at the Dish end and do it again.

can you imagine I have tried this box on three different dishes same result... ah well, i will report back.

I'll be surprised if it works, especially if you've already tried 3 different dishes, were these at different locations ? If so there's little chance that all 3 cables are dodgy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

These 3 are I'm my bunk. Two fixed by **y installers and the 3rd by me. I think u r right. May not work . I will just wait for the temperature to rise a little before going out there. I will not give up.... I will be calling Technomate again today. I paid €250 for this #%%%##

Hi ojola,

I don't know anything about TM Linux receivers mate as I have only ever used TM non-linux receivers... but I am correct in thinking that when you flash any image to the TM-800HD receiver... the image also contains a default TP/Channel list...?

If this is not the case then please disregard the rest of this post...

I can remember that there was a problem a while back with the non-linux receivers constantly re-booting when certain TP's/Channels were selected when viewing... or when the receiver was booted-up on one of the problem TP's/channels it then kept re-booting in a loop... and the only way to stop this was by removing the feed from the dish/LNB then deleting the problem TP's/channels...

So if you boot-up the TM-800HD receiver with no feed from the dish/LNB attached... then proceed to delete/empty all the default TP's/Channels from the receiver and then add a new/up-to-date TP/channel list... do you still get the same problem after you have re-attached the feed from the dish/LNB...?

As I say... I have no experience at all with TM Linux receivers... but sometimes knowledge can be a bad thing... lol

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Thanks Zorch I will go give that a try before venturing into the cold

Sent from my oJay phone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The TM800-HD is connected to 28.2 E non-motorized setup. I have deleted all channels and have rescanned. No crashes for the last 15 minutes.

Green screen after 45 minutes of viewing. I am going out to re-terminate dish end.

Re-Termination done successfully, LNB end given a spray of penetration oil peradventure there is some moisture and F connector screwed back on. Box just put back on 13.40 UTC.

Still looking good 2 hours 40 minutes on

Crashed after 3hrs 5 minutes. Sad. I thought I had it sorted . Tomorrow is another day.

I get the feeling your not alone on this issue I've seen posts on other forums c mentioning the same issue crashes, green screens .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi ojola & gsmtech,

This has appeared in the 'Feedback' section of the 'Download Centre'...

Download center

TM-800 Problems /Solutions.

TM-800 has a poly switch 750watts resistive to any LNB/cable faulty/ short to stop tuner/ Receiver bellowing up to smoke.
In case of faulty cable/LNB/bad connection from LNB to tm-800 is resisted for few hours then will reboot/ shutdown. If this happen few times tm-800 has to be turned off then look for faulty connection problems.
Continuation of shutdown/rebooting >> Power supply or mainboard gets damaged need to send to Technomate for repair,
-----------------------
Why it re boots/cuts off/works for few hours then cuts off/No VFD display.
Advise,
1-Take all cables off except power cable turn on and wait for 30 minutes look at VFD in front panel if above happens box hardware problems and it is faulty,
2-If not >> connect one cable at the time and give about 10 minutes for each cable connection to find which connections is creating problem.
3-If dish/LNB cable is creating problem best way to use new cable or a 3 meter short new cable connect to LNB left next to tm-800
For few minutes if tm-800 still showing problems then it is has been damaged best way to send it to Technomate for repair.
4-Turn off the power/ take off all cables from rear or of tm-800 /open top cover clean all dusts from mainboard/power supply
----------------------------
Why tm-800 getting problem as bellow.
Green screen/Re boots/work ok but as you change channel re boots/watching for few hours suddenly re boots.
Advise,
If memory overloaded by extra plugins/un wanted add-ons/wrong channel list/FTP wrong files/3rd party images/not turn off from rear for long time weeks and weeks.
Best way to Download by usb new iQ image 09-11-2011 then do factory re set/off/on from rear for one minutes
Fresh scan only few channels in FTA hd or sd leave it on for 30 minutes one hour if all ok then download anything you want but do one at the time finding out which one creating problem.
------------------------------
When I change channel I see freezing picture will not disappear .
or Pictur on pictur split to few pictur then channel open or will not open
Advise.
Menu/system/customize/turn off fast channel zapping,
---------------------
When I change channel I can see on the left hand side something spinning .
Because of
Wrong 3rd party image {firmware }/Wrong channel list/Overload memory.
Advise Need new image download iQ image 09-11-2011
------------------------------
Finally after all above still has software or hardware problem that cannot get fixed for whatever you have done please send it to Technomate will let you know if any charges but finally will be fixed ,

=============================================================
If above is not to your liking then there will be part exchange solution of your tm-800 for any other models of Linux or none Linux contact 0208 884 0259 for advise,

Best Wishes,
Zorch

How is it going now mate ?

I would advise you follow all the steps TM have advised, if this still fails ask for a full refund and buy a different box, from reading the fiasco from the other week all support is to stop from this box

I fail to see why using a channel list or any 3rd party image that would only be based on a iQ/UR_ image anyway would cause these issues ?

my own channel list was to blame at 1 point for making this box fail, so I started from scratch and it was sent to Korea for the team to look over, the results were my channel list was fine! that I knew all along anyway

these is hardly any spare memory on this box, from memory around 2MB, so be careful what you install, also where the EPG is stored too if internally it will soon fill up

hope my advice helps in some way

Thats a pretty good list of suggestions to try from TM. You should try them all first and see if it resolves your problem.. It is of course a "selective" list theres many more issues that TM know about which they have chosen to leave off the list for some reason... like the below issues I have seen mentioned around various forums from TM800 owners..

- Unstable or unusuable internal hard disks if size exceeds 120Gb.
- Majority of standard E2 plugins not compatible with TM800..these plugins work fine on VU and Dreambox recievers. Probably due to the NXP CPU and chipset, VU and DMM use Broadcom.
- Lipsynch/audio synch issues.
- Problems with high bit rate channels.
- HDMI handshake issues apaprently also exists on the TM TWIN.

If any of the above are important to you, I would suggest asking for a full refund rather than a part exchange. Then you have time to do some research on what to buy next.

Last edited:
Back