Tm800 hd crashing

ojola

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please help. I have tried unsuccessfully for the last 2 weeks to make this forsaken box work but to no avail. I have flashed over a dozn different images. Box either freezes or you get a green screen and you have to switch off and on at the back. This problem is really doing my head in.

Mine was doing this recently i reflashed with a backup image from this site and it fixed it.

Hi
Is it crashing after the flash or after installing plugins?

thank you very much. I will put it in and let you all know how it went.

The image i use is this TM800 iQ-DW mod 2011-11-28 you can download it from here Technomate software online

Guess what? I just checked and found out that the last image i flashed on is the same one you are refering to above. However it crashed on me yesterday though I must say it is more stable than other images.

Speaking to one of my friends on the phone this morning, he suggested trying to view with scart. Having tried the component and HDMI ports and getting the same result i decided I had nothing to lose.

I have put the scart on and I have my fingers crossed....

wish me luck.

Guess what? I just checked and found out that the last image i flashed on is the same one you are refering to above. However it crashed on me yesterday though I must say it is more stable than other images.

Speaking to one of my friends on the phone this morning, he suggested trying to view with scart. Having tried the component and HDMI ports and getting the same result i decided I had nothing to lose.

I have put the scart on and I have my fingers crossed....

wish me luck.

the tm800hd has a excellent pq from what others have said so viewing via scart is going backwards and you shouldnt need to do that. have you contacted TM to see what they suggest? sounds like some form of curruption somwhere if 10 different images are giving various stages of green screen. regards mdt

Defeats the object of a HD box completely if your using Scart...as above get it back to TM to sort out for you...maybe it's a hardware fault...dodgy flash memory or something similar..

Defeats the object of a HD box completely if your using Scart...as above get it back to TM to sort out for you...maybe it's a hardware fault...dodgy flash memory or something similar..

I agree absolutely. Just doing it for the sake of troubleshooting. by the way, it crashed again. The scart trick did not work. I just rang the TM help desk and I was told the guy is on break at 12.30. Maybe rooting out his hair on his smoke break

The TM help desk just took my number they will ring back in the next 30 minutes."yay"

Try to get an upgrade to the twin out of them, considering they've admitted the TM800 is obsolete and there's no future images, drivers or fixes coming..It's best to get something that at least is still in support..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Still waiting for that call. I guess it will never come. I will call in a minute.

Every TM800 is different owing to the flashing process being borked. Trouble shooting your issue is going to be very difficult.

I can tell you what will be suggested.
Format the HDD non your receiver. Format your flash drive. Re-download the image just in case of corruption. (TM do not fathom md5 checksums though). Perform factory reset. Flash image. Set it up how you want and then switch off for a minute and then back on. Do not load channel lists but scan instead.

Do you have a swap file mounted? This may help.

I just spoke with the techie at Technomate; I explained my problem and he told me to remove all cables except the power and HDMI lead to see if the perpetual reboot would continue. I did and funnily enough the reboot issue stopped but started again as soon as the satellite cable is introduced. His conclusion was that there must be a short at the F connectors either at the box end or at the LNB end. It kind of makes sense.

So I am going to re terminate the cable and see how it goes for me. I will report after..

Every TM800 is different owing to the flashing process being borked. Trouble shooting your issue is going to be very difficult.

I can tell you what will be suggested.
Format the HDD non your receiver. Format your flash drive. Re-download the image just in case of corruption. (TM do not fathom md5 checksums though). Perform factory reset. Flash image. Set it up how you want and then switch off for a minute and then back on. Do not load channel lists but scan instead.

Do you have a swap file mounted? This may help.

Thanks for your submission Abu I have no swap files mounted neither have I put any HDD on it yet. I will try your suggestions after re-terminating my cable,

I have just finished terminating and rebooting the machine. It is now a wait and see game. I am hopeful.

Back