Which pressure washer do you own??

First one i had was a Kew Hobby and lasted for years , replaced with a Sealey piece of crap only lasted over a year.
Got to take home a Nilfisk model sitting in garage and does the job.
Bought a drain cleaner hose to use with it and used it a few times.
Still got previous attachments from previous models

Them weeds dont stand a chance !
I decided to test it today as the bin men are due tomorrow and I want to get rid of the packaging. You're right, weeds blown to kingdom come. There is years of muck on my slabs so will probably need to go over them a couple of times and use some detergent.

IMG_20230605_173320.jpg

Looks good in the area you've done.
I'm really happy with the pressure washer, even blasts off those cement spots all over my slabs. They slope down at the bottom of the yard and leave a puddle there which is a nuisance. There is loads of foliage there as there is a tree which is about 40-45' tall. Was about 10' when I moved here. Think I'll need to build a small 2/3 course wall there.

I find it painful to keep the trigger pressed in though so may need to look at finding a solution.

I find it painful to keep the trigger pressed in though so may need to look at finding a solution.
A use a small clamp
I use one for my router when on the router table
Like this only 4" a couple of quid to buy>>
41+cF+stxPS._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
A use a small clamp
I use one for my router when on the router table
Like this only 4" a couple of quid to buy>>
View attachment 158075
Got a whole toolbag full of them 😂 Good quality Irwins of various sizes.
Good idea Joe. I'll use that in the short term but will look at something bespoke in the near future

Got a whole toolbag full of them 😂 Good quality Irwins of various sizes.
Good idea Joe. I'll use that in the short term but will look at something bespoke in the near future
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm really happy with the pressure washer, even blasts off those cement spots all over my slabs. They slope down at the bottom of the yard and leave a puddle there which is a nuisance. There is loads of foliage there as there is a tree which is about 40-45' tall. Was about 10' when I moved here. Think I'll need to build a small 2/3 course wall there.

Reusable tie wrap mate.

Have a little clip you push to release the tension.

All very good ideas. Whichever way I decide to go it has to be quick and easy to remove. The instructions warn against using the trigger for periods longer than 2 minutes.
Velcros or reusable ties are all sound ideas though given that the washer would only be used every couple of weeks or so in good weather and barely at all in the winter.

Get some patio cleaner or brick acid watered down and a stiff yard brush. Brush it in and leave for 20-30mins then jet off. The cleaner just eats into those dirt ingrained areas and brings the flags up abit better.

Get some patio cleaner or brick acid watered down and a stiff yard brush. Brush it in and leave for 20-30mins then jet off. The cleaner just eats into those dirt ingrained areas and brings the flags up abit better.
Went into Wilko yesterday to buy their own brand of patio cleaner @£10. The only one they had in was Patio Magic with a battery operated sprayer @£28 and like a fool I bought it. I can spray better when I talk.
I got an expanding hose extension from Lidl 30 minutes ago so I can reach the front yard. On my way to get a watering can to apply the Patio Magic afterwards. I will then redo the front and back using the patio cleaner attachment.

Went into Wilko yesterday to buy their own brand of patio cleaner @£10. The only one they had in was Patio Magic with a battery operated sprayer @£28 and like a fool I bought it. I can spray better when I talk.
I got an expanding hose extension from Lidl 30 minutes ago so I can reach the front yard. On my way to get a watering can to apply the Patio Magic afterwards. I will then redo the front and back using the patio cleaner attachment.
I tried paio magic and it was useless. I clean my drive and patio which looks far worse than yours with karcher and it removes all the lichens etc

Back