TM800 announcement

In fairness though the software on the TM boxes are not truly open source,
If they were we could all have a go at compiling an Image for them :)

Where is the OPEN SORCE ??? can any one tell me in Wich website of TM ????or IT gate it self is their sorce ?? do not bull people...

Again, at what point did I mention Technomate ? You must get your FACTS straight Bobi. As far as I can see you have done all you can to run this TM800HD down. You and your company have had a fall out with this manufacturer , for whatever reason, I don't care. But don't come onto this forum to play your political game with them. People on here look at this forum because they are interested in Technomate gear. If they was interested in Spiderbox, Eagle , Azbox etc they would go to your forum. In fact if this was somebody posting the crap that you are on here on your forum it would not have lasted ten minutes would it. FACT !

Isn't this box a dead duck? It look like they missed their window of opportunity and it won't be released in time for users to watch the World Cup in HD.
I'm in the lucky position of having a Vu+ Duo and a cool Spiderbox so I won't be depending on an untested receiver to watch the games. :banana:

The important world cup isn't until 2011, who really cares about the field fairy version :Devil:
As long as I have a decent HD box by then I don't care when the TM800 comes out ;)

Last edited:
...People on here look at this forum because they are interested in Technomate gear. If they was interested in Spiderbox, Eagle , Azbox etc they would go to your forum...

Thats not quite right m8,people come on this site to get unbiased help on all receivers,as well as other things of course,this is not or ever was solely a TM support site.

Again, at what point did I mention Technomate ?......
erm.... you are posting in a technomate thread about a technomate receiver? Perhaps you have visited the wrong part of the forum? But anyway if someone wants to say good or bad about a receiver they can have their say, i dont think members should expect this place to only be a technomate fanboy fanclub. You are allowed to say your view simmo68, but it differs from bobi and thats life unfortunately.

...You must get your FACTS straight Bobi...
My personal view on this is that he has told some facts in his posts here. There are people with different views, its a fact, lets make our own minds up.

There are two things that are unfortunately negative:
- ITGate is very unreliable
- How it is currently developed for the time it will be only image from UR Team.
It would be helpful other software teams to offer a platform to build images.
An area in this forum would be helpful or UR team has its own forum like other
popular teams?

Yes one think you have to tell people...that not own By TM ( Tm did not done nothink by it self )....Raping some one else job thats the truth....

i was comparing the "possible" features of an E2 box to respond to someone saying the spiderbox has all the main features people are used to. was really no relevance to it being a TM box nor TM making these features, just stating what all E2 boxes available at the moment can do. rather then commenting on the facts and the features that E2 has but your box doesn't you chose to use the term "raping" to explain a dev using another dev's "Open Sourced" work ?

erm.... you are posting in a technomate thread about a technomate receiver? Perhaps you have visited the wrong part of the forum? But anyway if someone wants to say good or bad about a receiver they can have their say, i dont think members should expect this place to only be a technomate fanboy fanclub. You are allowed to say your view simmo68, but it differs from bobi and thats life unfortunately.

My personal view on this is that he has told some facts in his posts here. There are people with different views, its a fact, lets make our own minds up.

Thats fine mate, my point was people have an option to make up their own mind without having to constantly have somebody slagging off a receiver that he does not have, as a businessman , a vested interest in. Blatantly plugging his own receiver. If this guy will not be selling it , why is he commenting on it , why does it matter so much to him. There are many options out there and people will make up their own minds. We do not need information like this from him, let the box be released and have a decent review of it from someone who can actually spell !

Thats fine mate, my point was people have an option to make up their own mind without having to constantly have somebody slagging off a receiver that he does not have, as a businessman , a vested interest in. Blatantly plugging his own receiver. If this guy will not be selling it , why is he commenting on it , why does it matter so much to him. There are many options out there and people will make up their own minds. We do not need information like this from him, let the box be released and have a decent review of it from someone who can actually spell !
Yes you have a valid point, I understand. I am sure others agree with you.

However, hopefully members can see why this forum allows both sides of the coin because bobi does have reason to mention technomate false promises/advertising. Spelling & language may be difficult sometimes, but the point here is that if technomate tell lies they can keep people holding their breath with false promises so they do not buy elsewhere.
It is easy for any company to say "we have a new enigma2 open source linux box, triple tuner 300 day epg & makes breakfast, all for £150 quid ....released next month" -nobody would buy anything in the market, as all would wait for 1 month, then another month, then another 'immnent' month, etc. You have to see this is a very relative point for anyone to make? I wonder if some people will still see their reputation in the same way?
It doesnt matter to me, as long as everyone can have their say :)

Ok guys here is my 2pence worth....

dream multimedia don't care if a image doesn't work on release from one of there receivers. eg:7025 but they release the hardware anyway and fix it as they go along.

why you might ask its a Linux receiver and the work on the software is ongoing.

so i don't see what all the fuss is about unless the hardware is faulty because if it was software only TM would release the TM800HD receiver.

this receiver should be open source, if not its not worth buying. and if it is where are all the people writing beta firmwares.

sounds dodgy to me.

What concerns me more is the amount of new members seemingly just joining up to post in this thread and slag off EITHER the TM or the Spiderbox

Yup it's total bullshit.

Reminds me of the Commodore vs Sinclair fanboy wars of the 80's.

Atleast in those days we were kids, this is grown men we are talking about here.

lol

...... so has anyone received their new tm800hd then?

...... so has anyone received their new tm800hd then?

no its been stopped at the last minute this morning, theres another post on here from digidude that eurosky have refunded everyone who pre-ordered and given them their money back and they have removed from their website until it is fully released and available.

The TM800 will likely be delayed quite a bit longer. The word is that they still can't get it to work even with a team of engineers from the Far East in London for quite some time.

Yup it's total bullshit.

Reminds me of the Commodore vs Sinclair fanboy wars of the 80's.

Atleast in those days we were kids, this is grown men we are talking about here.

lol

Don't forget the BBC offering,

those were the days.

Still we got a full size keyboard "QWERTY"

6 weeks of school holidays always sunshine. Chopper bikes, Suzi Quatro. Space Invaders anon..

Tiger feet.

:banana:

We want to let you know that your order ************ is currently processing your refund.

We have however, just received notificationthat today the receiver is finally able to be released. Again, after numerous phonecalls, we have been told we can release receivers with immediate effect.

If you would like us to cancel your processing refund, and ship your receiver, we are now in a position to do so, please reply to this email requesting this. If you would still like your refund to go ahead, you do not need to take any action.

We want to let you know that your order ************ is currently processing your refund.

We have however, just received notificationthat today the receiver is finally able to be released. Again, after numerous phonecalls, we have been told we can release receivers with immediate effect.

If you would like us to cancel your processing refund, and ship your receiver, we are now in a position to do so, please reply to this email requesting this. If you would still like your refund to go ahead, you do not need to take any action.

Is that from eurosky?

yes

im in 2 minds either reply to email or leave it??

Back