TM800 announcement

This is not good news :(

Dear Digi,

We want to let you know that your order ******** is unfortunatley still being processed. We today received our order of TM800HD receivers, and at the moment every receiver is a 'blank'. This means there is no image or operating system installed on the receiver. Upon contacting technomate to question them about installing an image prior to dispatch, or to upload an image to our website for our customers to download and install themselfs. We were ORDERED not to dispatch a single unit out of our distribution center, untill further notice, pending testing results of a final image, which could be tonight, but could also be up to 48 hours away.

While this will be another disappointment for our waiting customers, who have seen the release date for this receiver moved so many times, it is more fustrating for us as we have receivers here that we would like nothing more than to get them on their way to you, our eager customers, who have already paid for their product in full, some as long as 2 months ago.

Upon explaining that some of our customers are actual image developers for some of the dreambox teams out there, who may be able to help with this final testing phase, we were again told that untill we are given the clear to release the receivers, with a satisfactory image, that we are in no uncertain terms to release a single unit.

In over a decade of business, we have never found ourselfs in a position such as this, where we are forced to fail to deliver on a promise to our customers, Eurosky prides itself as being a company that often goes above and beyond what customers expect from a small company, and even though this is beyond our control, it is still a huge embarrassment that will reflect upon our reputation for some time to come.

In light of this, and due to the fact that once again we have no 101% set date on when we can release a receiver to you, even though they are finally here, we fully understand if you would like a refund of monies paid to pre order your receiver.

If you would still like to await delivery of your receiver, you can rest assured that they are here ready for immediate dispatch as soon as the software is given the all clear.

As an alternative to a TM800HD if you would like to get straight into HD TV, and as a gesture of our apologies, we can offer customers who have pre ordered a TM800HD a **********************************************************************************, with the difference of £62.10 refunded to your paypal account or credit / debit card. If you would like to accept this offer, please reply to this email, and you will have my personal guarantee that it will be dispatched ASAP

If you have any further questions about your order, send an email to ************** or simply reply to this message.

Once again, please accept my deepest apologies

Glad i canceled my Technomate and got a VU+ Duo instead arrived to day got fed up waiting for the technomate pantomime to END!!!!!!!!

Hope they sort them self's out soon for all there loyal supporters!:grab::grab::grab:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

This could be the final nail in the coffin for Technomates reputation.

Many thanks to Craig @ EuroSky for the detailed info.

im still waiting

it shouldnt take em that long to sort the image out

going by digi's videos / posts i think a few days and it should be ok

from the news section at TM.com

TM-800 HD Linux
19th May 2010
Our sincere apology that TM-800 HD Linux has been delayed for further few days,

It's only a box that shows TV at the end of the day, not a donor heart for your dieing child. As long as it's not months (and no reason it would be) I'd rather wait until the manufacturer was happy to release it rather than get it to market with faults and then be bombarded by the same people wanting to lynch them and their first born.

Lighten up ffs :)

Cheers B.I.K.,

couldn't have put it better. My fear is that when it arrives the hardware will be already out of date.

Moores Law

PS £400 in the bank,

STB or beers for the World Cup, time will be the teller.

lol csb

It's only a box that shows TV at the end of the day, not a donor heart for your dieing child. As long as it's not months (and no reason it would be) I'd rather wait until the manufacturer was happy to release it rather than get it to market with faults and then be bombarded by the same people wanting to lynch them and their first born.

The point is that many of us are more than capable of doing what little 'work' is required to get he box up and running. we'd be more than happy to have the machine with the beta image then install the final release once it arrives.

I'll tell you something, when mine arrives I'll be pestering Digidude for a copy of the Beta firmwares just so I can install them and see what all this fuss is about.

@ CSB, £400 = VU+ Duo mate! :)

from news section of TM.com

TM-800 HD
22nd May 2010
Our apology for the delay delivery of TM-800 Hd Linux.
For the first 500 buyers we will offer wife adaptor value of £50 each totally free,
please return guarantee card and copy bill of sale ,
It can be collected at technomate head office or will be posted .

im not too sure if the wife adaptor makes it easier for the missus to use or not, but free has to be good ;)

Awesome, this might finally be my chance of a threesome. ;)

Any hints on a release or any idea what went wrong with the last attempt to release?

Yer but wasn't the software finalised last week, then they pulled out of the release at the last minute?

the offer of wifes has been withdrawn ;) its now a wifi adaptor

TM-800 HD
22nd May 2010
Our apology for the delay delivery of TM-800 Hd Linux.
For the first 500 buyers we will offer wifi adaptor value of £50 each totally free,
please return guarantee card and copy bill of sale ,
It can be collected at technomate head office or will be posted .

Thanks digidude for the tip.

Still very very tempted and may well place the order me thinks.

Any idea of a release date at all?

from news section of TM.com

im not too sure if the wife adaptor makes it easier for the missus to use or not, but free has to be good ;)

ur gutted about that aint ya lol kellie is going to wife number 3 for you aint she lol

Back