Tm5402, tm6902, tm7102

this post is all on a 5402

as theyre based on the same firmware as the rest of the TM series, id assume they can use a gamma card, but havent checked

the built in standard DivX player plays .avi files with no problems, ive got ugly betty on it at the moment running from a usb stick

now if this receiver could store a weeks worth of EPG on the usb stick, downloaded from the satellite data, or even downloaded via the ethernet, they would be onto a winner

Didn't think you liked closed source stb's Digi mate? (TM5402)
What is the point of these stb's when you can get a linux HD stb roughly same price (DM800 clone tce) or spiderbox amongst others which has more to offer?
Spider does avi files etc, can share card out and c/n lines in.
Streams films from pc etc
Time shift etc and also has the Via 3 hack as well as the canal nl/bulsat hack.
Before everyone starts jumping on me about this being the TM section, where else can you compare the boxes?
If I post in spider section it is TM related and vice versa.

Last edited:
Hi Manic,

it is a good value / price for a certain public that starts to get away from the standard crap that is offered by the commercial Providers .

The advantage of a Technomate closed Model like the TM5402HD :
Very easy in use
Very easy interface
Very easy together with diseqc 4/1 2/1 8/1
Very easy together with a Tm motor
Very good value / price
People who owned crap will be very glad with the Simple Usb Stick Recording.
(My grandparents can even manage to record , mind they are 89 of age, Im' not kidding now !!!!)
ALso the simple upgrade by usb stick and backup of channelsn etc ...
Insert smartcard into smartcard reader = works
You can use a CI-module if you want
You can use all sort of playtoys in TM, Diablo, gamma, Omnia, whatever that is on the market

And as a extra for the people that start to know that you can experiment with the technomate there are the patches !

And after the learning of the patches there mostly the changing/jump towrds dreambox with good memories of their Technomate:)

That sums it up no ? I find the TM closed receivers a very good receiver when you compare them to the other brands. And djeez, even a tm1000 can still be used nowadays....

I must agree
that it must be very confusing for owners of a tm5400/TM6000/TM7100 to see those new models coming around the corner....

Uggly betty what a crappy movie ;)

Last edited:
this post is all on a 5402

as theyre based on the same firmware as the rest of the TM series, id assume they can use a gamma card, but havent checked

the built in standard DivX player plays .avi files with no problems, ive got ugly betty on it at the moment running from a usb stick

now if this receiver could store a weeks worth of EPG on the usb stick, downloaded from the satellite data, or even downloaded via the ethernet, they would be onto a winner
Hi Digidude, can you post some kind of reviews on the 5402 please, my father in-low at the moment as a 1500 super, and I'm thinking to bay the 5402, for him because it will be ease for him to use (he is 78), I assume its similar software, and can you tell me about the remote control if its ease to use. thanks

I think think the TM5402HD is a great receiver, the first patch opens everthing available, including swedish SVT on 4.8E and yesterdays softcam opens the dutch channels on 19E. The PVR (with USB) will record both free and scrambled channels, it will also record 3 channels on the same transponder but I have not tried this yet.
I wanted an HD receiver for speedway feeds, and as I am aged 75 I wanted something I was familiar with. The TM5402HD does everthing I want.

digidude mate i have set loads of 6900 supers for c/s no problem, but i cant get the new 6902 to connect in the 8281 menu, ip is comming in fine, i have downloaded the lastest frimware 102p and just picked any addon, any help please mate

Does anyone have an opinion if the 5402HD worth the extra £50 on the Openbox?

I can't afford a VU+ Duo at the moment but I want a HD receiver to replace the satellite dbox2 before Christmas.

Does anyone have an opinion if the 5402HD worth the extra £50 on the Openbox?

I can't afford a VU+ Duo at the moment but I want a HD receiver to replace the satellite dbox2 before Christmas.

all i can say is i sold 100s of 5400s when they were usefull and they were a fantastic box in there day, they have to be one of the most user friendly box to use, i think the new 5402 has to be great value being hd and cccam support, yes there is cheaper c/s boxs out there but you could give this box to anyone and they would find it so easy to use, of course a linux box is the better option and i have sold loads of tm600s but the my phone goes daily how do you do this how do you do that, i am yet to try one and im picking up ten tomorrow but im sure if there anything like the 6900 super they will be a great box for a hundred pound less, will report back tomorrow with my views

anyone who has owned a 1000, 5000 or 6000 series of TM will already be able to use the 5402 (and others) as the user interface is exactly the same

theyre proving to be a very popular receiver already m8

digidude m8 i have the same bloody problem with 5402 now not connecting lol, with the patch 102 and addon, again ip fine, any ideas m8 with a step by step setup please

My friend i have the same 6900HDsuper with the problem 729p + 730p + 732p + 733p when am try to we use server client running with CCcam 2.1.1 won't work

If i revert back to patch725 + patch726 CCcam 2.1.1 all connect again

Strange m8

@Kingofsat

Hi mate,
I bought a TM5402 may consider returning it if theres problems connecting.
Did you manage to solve your problem??

@Kingofsat

Hi mate,
I bought a TM5402 may consider returning it if theres problems connecting.
Did you manage to solve your problem??

personally, i cant see how this is a reason to return? its non official 3rd party software that allows the receiver to connect to servers, officially, its a FTA receiver untill a viewing card is added.

I know the place i work for would refuse to accept a return on this basis

Hi Digidude, can you post some kind of reviews on the 5402 please, my father in-low at the moment as a 1500 super, and I'm thinking to bay the 5402, for him because it will be ease for him to use (he is 78), I assume its similar software, and can you tell me about the remote control if its ease to use. thanks
@Digidude Thanks for the input, I'll be keeping it for now in anycase.

@Tony66 - the TM5402

Unfortunately, the remote is not very user friendly for people of older ages, especially compared to the nice remote I had on my TM3300.

Small buttons, tightly packed together, the Favourites button which youd expect to be big and accessible is shoved somewhere in the rows of function buttons at the bottom. And I have to say theyve put a load of function buttons on this remote, which can be confusing at first.

@Digidude Thanks for the input, I'll be keeping it for now in anycase.

@Tony66 - the TM5402

Unfortunately, the remote is not very user friendly for people of older ages, especially compared to the nice remote I had on my TM3300.

Small buttons, tightly packed together, the Favourites button which youd expect to be big and accessible is shoved somewhere in the rows of function buttons at the bottom. And I have to say theyve put a load of function buttons on this remote, which can be confusing at first.

thanks mate, I did by he TM5402, and I agree that the remote control button are very small, I put the main channels my old fox watch in the favorite and the only button they need to press are OK and UP/DOWN, so its very simple for them to use

Hello digidude,
Can you please help me? I would like to know if Technomate 5402 HD can read meo card Portugal.
Thanks in advanced!!

Back