Please write all your problems with the latest patch for all models

Strange they worked for me a couple of weeks ago with 117, wish I could verify but I cant.

I have 117P patch too on my 5402HD, hardstation has not worked for weeks.
124P patch,which is newest patch in download Centre opens all those extras in the 1149 menu but unfortunately does not open some packages, that is why I am still using 117P.

Just tried latest softcam which states Zee TV at 13E keys etc loaded - but not opening for ME!
C Ned 13E is fine however!:salute:

(PS: Just realised I'm still on patch 726P - so will try it on 748P later - dont hold out much hope though! - funnily enough I also find that Zee TV messes up with satellite setting at 13E - signal goes weird and actually had to switch TM6900HD Super off to get it back to normal - it actually affected the moving between satellites too, so maybe something sinister in the softcam set up?)

Checked on 748p not clearing. Key is in softcam ( 06) and is ok, as checked with vplug and is clearing.

[/PHP]
Sorry but a friend has my 5402 for now but I'm sure some member will reply soon, I was using patch 117 when I last used it could you try that patch in case it's a patch related problem?
hello
jimi

iv been on 117p before i try'd 124p and have went back to 117p as 124p is jaming up some channels and record wont work properly, iv been messing with technomates for over 10 years now and this is the worest iv ever seen, instead of phatom/technomate fixing problems with new patches they are making the stb work wores with every patch. " bring back darkman " its enough to make me buy a spiderbox( only joking, id rather pock my self in the eye with a fork )
but have heard that the next patch from phatom/technomate links the box to ebay and the box put's its self up for sale and orders you a openbox s6: HDTV Satellite Receiver Openbox S6 HD USB Recorder items in SAT-GERMANY store on eBay!
good youtube with this box and biltin wifi with 1080p pic but no epg for 28.2e

I have 117P patch too on my 5402HD, hardstation has not worked for weeks.
124P patch,which is newest patch in download Centre opens all those extras in the 1149 menu but unfortunately does not open some packages, that is why I am still using 117P.

hello
linslademan

are you able to use youtube and hardstation with patch 124p? could you till me if you had to do anything i did't to get it to work?
hears how i know how to work youtube, let me know if im doing somthing wrong:
first off i do a factor reset
then load 123 ofical firmware from technomates site
then an other factory reset
then load patch 124p
then an other factor reset
than load cdnf file ( channel list )
then go to enertainmet in menu and type 1149 to get the hardstation to apear ( dont use it but see that when youtube dont work it dont work eather? )
when i go onto say hardstation1 it will load vides you can click on but when you do it says wrong url
when trying to watch youtube it will load vides to watch but when you click on one it will show a new buffer icon that spins a bit like you would get if you had bad internet connection on youtube but just keeps going back to the list of videos that was first there, if i use the search option i can tupe in anything and it will show up vides for wot ever iv secrhed but again wont play any??
iv try'd changing the format to all setting with no change
i also use a 250hdd as have been told before that you need at least 2g for buffering but have found that when patch 123p came out i was able to use youtube on it with or with out the hdd, i have since try'd patch 123p and it dont work on it now??
is there any other settings that im missing or doing wrong??
thanks in advance for any help

Someone mentioned the weatherplugin :

The weatherplugin is no longer free to use as it was a 'free' service provided by Google.
People got very addicted to this Google API.
So what does this mean ?
All Dreamboxes that use Tux weather or cloned it one way or another are down, (also TM)
The weatherplugin should be re-implemented with the Yahoo weathr API (google for info)
in order to get weather info into yr DM/TM you should get the unique geo code of yr place of interest.
PS : gent is a neat place in Belgium.
you can look up the geocode like this : http://where.yahooapis.com/geocode?q=gent
you will get an unique code like this at the bottom of this file : <woeid>970013</woeid>
With this info you can get the unique weatherinfo from yahoo in celcius degrees
So to get the weather from gent : Yahoo! Weather - Ghent, BE

the rest you can all figure it out yrsself huh ? :)

So digi if you'r into it. some implementation into yr image ?

yeah i know heavy off topic maybe I should post this somewhere else ? Feel free to link somewhere else

The weatherplugin is no longer free to use as it was a 'free' service provided by Google.
So what does this mean ?
All Dreamboxes that use Tux weather or cloned it one way or another are down, (also TM)
The weatherplugin should be re-implemented with the Yahoo weathr API (google for info)
in order to get weather info into yr DM/TM you should get the unique geo code of yr place of interest.
you can look up the geocode like this : http://where.yahooapis.com/geocode?q=gent
you will get an unique code like this at the bottom of this file : <woeid>970013</woeid>

yeah i know heavy off topic maybe I should post this somewhere else ? Feel free to link somewhere else
hello
wolftje

thanks for clearing that up, top post :Clap:

So what does this mean ?

hello
again wolfftje

i see that the weather where you are is much the same as hear cloudy and cold: grim :
do you put the code into where you would normaly put your city?

hello
linslademan

are you able to use youtube and hardstation with patch 124p? could you till me if you had to do anything i did't to get it to work?
hears how i know how to work youtube, let me know if im doing somthing wrong:
first off i do a factor reset
then load 123 ofical firmware from technomates site
then an other factory reset
then load patch 124p
then an other factor reset
than load cdnf file ( channel list )
then go to enertainmet in menu and type 1149 to get the hardstation to apear ( dont use it but see that when youtube dont work it dont work eather? )
when i go onto say hardstation1 it will load vides you can click on but when you do it says wrong url
when trying to watch youtube it will load vides to watch but when you click on one it will show a new buffer icon that spins a bit like you would get if you had bad internet connection on youtube but just keeps going back to the list of videos that was first there, if i use the search option i can tupe in anything and it will show up vides for wot ever iv secrhed but again wont play any??
iv try'd changing the format to all setting with no change
i also use a 250hdd as have been told before that you need at least 2g for buffering but have found that when patch 123p came out i was able to use youtube on it with or with out the hdd, i have since try'd patch 123p and it dont work on it now??
is there any other settings that im missing or doing wrong??

Just one thing mate, surely on your action list above you've missed off loading the 'add_on' firmware straight after the patch to enable c/s menu etc (8281 on my TM6900HD Super!)?
:salute:

Just one thing mate, surely on your action list above you've missed off loading the 'add_on' firmware straight after the patch to enable c/s menu etc (8281 on my TM6900HD Super!)?
:salute:

hello
holmroad

i find that when the addon is put into the box it stays there and i just need to type 1149 to get the hardstation1/2 and just need to press ip on the remote to acsess the server input page.
should the addon be added every time i patch the box? that maybe where im going wrong?
thanks for the reply

hello
holmroad

i find that when the addon is put into the box it stays there and i just need to type 1149 to get the hardstation1/2 and just need to press ip on the remote to acsess the server input page.
should the addon be added every time i patch the box? that maybe where im going wrong?
thanks for the reply

Yes mate, you are probably quite correct - but I just like to play safe having avoided all the other potential corruptions by performing all the other somewhat long-winded actions as also described by yourself - I also always reload the latest softcam, even though I may in fact be repeating myself in exactly the same way as with the add_on!:Hit:

Yes mate, you are probably quite correct - but I just like to play safe having avoided all the other potential corruptions by performing all the other somewhat long-winded actions as also described by yourself - I also always reload the latest softcam, even though I may in fact be repeating myself in exactly the same way as with the add_on!:Hit:

hello
again m8

i would have to agree with you, its always better to do as much as posible to help the tm work right, i will have to try and ad the addon and hopfly it will work, cant right now as some one who will remean nameless has to watch a crap tv program at mo.
will keep you post'd as to how i get on, cheers

[/PHP]
hello
jimi

iv been on 117p before i try'd 124p and have went back to 117p as 124p is jaming up some channels and record wont work properly, iv been messing with technomates for over 10 years now and this is the worest iv ever seen, instead of phatom/technomate fixing problems with new patches they are making the stb work wores with every patch. " bring back darkman " its enough to make me buy a spiderbox( only joking, id rather pock my self in the eye with a fork )
but have heard that the next patch from phatom/technomate links the box to ebay and the box put's its self up for sale and orders you a openbox s6: HDTV Satellite Receiver Openbox S6 HD USB Recorder items in SAT-GERMANY store on eBay!
good youtube with this box and biltin wifi with 1080p pic but no epg for 28.2e

reposting as was not clear about my view on spiderbox
about 1 and a half to 2 years ago i bought a spiderbox 700hd and had a bad experiance with it as no mater wot i did with it it always gave me a frezze when watching pay server and could't get a channel list for n ierland.
im sure that the spiderbox is much better now as darkman is on the case, i just wish he was on the case of the tm's as they could be the best stb out there with good saport.
my apoiges to any one affended :Sorry:

about 1 and a half to 2 years ago i bought a spiderbox 700hd and had a bad experiance with it as no mater wot i did with it it always gave me a frezze when watching pay server and could't get a channel list for n ierland.
im sure that the spiderbox is much better now as darkman is on the case, i just wish he was on the case of the tm's as they could be the best stb out there with good saport.

I think that maybe you are SO right mate - Magic ALWAYS sorted out the probs when he (and TM of course!) were on the case!
Please come back DM, all is forgiven mate - not that there is anything to forgive - except for that loss in confidence we used to have in our TM's and the patched firmware!:Hit:

Any channel list I posted would have had the Northern Ireland channels included, I arranged my lists to suit my local channels but it is a simple thing to move your local channels into your preferred positions. My experience with my 9000 combo leads me to believe that it's about the same as my other receivers at that time.
I had the 9000 combo, X403p HD, S9 and a little later a TM5402 all performed about the same I honestly cant say there was a lot or even any difference using two lines from friends and a pay server.
When it comes down to subjective judgements it's very easy to be swayed by personal preference, often objective judgement is the only way but then you have to have both receivers to test one against the other.

Any channel list I posted would have had the Northern Ireland channels included, I arranged my lists to suit my local channels but it is a simple thing to move your local channels into your preferred positions. My experience with my 9000 combo leads me to believe that it's about the same as my other receivers at that time.
I had the 9000 combo, X403p HD, S9 and a little later a TM5402 all performed about the same I honestly cant say there was a lot or even any difference using two lines from friends and a pay server.
When it comes down to subjective judgements it's very easy to be swayed by personal preference, often objective judgement is the only way but then you have to have both receivers to test one against the other.

hello
jimi

i arege with most of wot you say but have to voice that im not the only pep to think that the spiderbox was bad at enternet connection, as you can see below:

rp3X
VIP Member

DW Cash
£66900
Downloads
Uploads

Is Spiderbox still a good performing box with CCCAM etc ?

I have had a Spiderbox for 2 years now and while its stable and great, even when using the best of places I can get the occasional glitch/freeze.

That's with good ECM times(123ms-200ms), excellent 14meg download/2meg upload and no internet being used.

But I just wanted to find out if spiderbox has good performing CCCAM/Newcamd performance, since I hear the dreamboxes/technomates have always been way better ?

|

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
26th February 2012, 20:32 #2
jimihendrix
VIP Member

DW Cash
£577935
Downloads
Uploads

Re: Is Spiderbox still a good performing box with CCCAM etc ?

Had my 9000 combo for about 18 months now and enjoyed every minute, ok the odd glitch now and then but on Plusnet using an Zyxel N300 router I really cant complain. When I get a glitch the recovery time is very short and I'm back in business viewing again. Cant say I would rate it as better or worse than a Dreambox or Technomate about the same I would think (I've had all three receivers at various times).

|

j t holder likes this.
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
26th February 2012, 20:48 #3
rp3X
VIP Member

DW Cash
£66900
Downloads
Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jimihendrix View Post
Had my 9000 combo for about 18 months now and enjoyed every minute, ok the odd glitch now and then but on Plusnet using an Zyxel N300 router I really cant complain. When I get a glitch the recovery time is very short and I'm back in business viewing again. Cant say I would rate it as better or worse than a Dreambox or Technomate about the same I would think (I've had all three receivers at various times).
thx thats surprising to hear, I remember quite a few folk on here use to say the cccam/newcamd was better optimised on the dreamboxes and technomates since they had been out longer so one would get a less glitch/freeze.

I admit the glitch/freeze is for only a sec it surely would not bother most folk but its also that reminder especially if watching a film and getting into it lol

I guess if one wants 100% stability/freeze free u gotta pay up

|

26th February 2012, 20:59 #4
jimihendrix
VIP Member

DW Cash
£577935
Downloads
Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rp3X View Post
thx thats surprising to hear, I remember quite a few folk on here use to say the cccam/newcamd was better optimised on the dreamboxes and technomates since they had been out longer so one would get a less glitch/freeze.

I admit the glitch/freeze is for only a sec it surely would not bother most folk but its also that reminder especially if watching a film and getting into it lol

Sadly true the only way to glitch free viewing is a sub but when you total up the number of subs on your line(s) it would cost an arm and a leg. Now just one point, I have posted before that if your "gift" period has come to an end turn OFF the Ethernet (service+) function as leaving it on causes glitches.

AND

mikegb
Jnr Member +

DW Cash
£4250
Downloads
Uploads

Do spiderbox's 'freeze' a lot?

Hi, First post on here. I have been thinking about getting a spiderbox 7000, I am more interested in the movie channels it can get than sport but read something on a forum about it being nearly impossible to watch a movie uninterrupted as they keep 'freezing' a lot.
Can anyone tell me anything about this as I know almost nothing about the unmentionable system they use to open channels but I have seen it suggested that their system is overloaded which may cause this.
I tried getting some info on the altwats forum but my posts seem to get one terse response from jerkoffjimmyhendricks or anorak saying they work great then get removed before anyone else can give an opinion, the same pair seem to be on the spiderbox.tv forum as wll, hope they aren't on here.

|

16th January 2011, 18:19 #2
chrispeters
VIP Member

DW Cash
£90025
Downloads
Uploads

Send a message via MSN to chrispeters
Re: Do spiderbox's 'freeze' a lot?

i just bought a 7000HD
newcamd works great , fine NO issues whatsoever...FAB picture and dead simple to use box ....

HOWEVER..

i tried using a c line ( from server using cccam2.14) and every 5 mins it froze for a few seconds then came back on...very annoying .(with latest firmware) .
i believe they are ok with cccam as long as its 2.11 ?

i went back to newcamd after unsuccessfully trying the cccam .
overall i am happy with the box though....

as you can see im not slaging the box with these quotes, or your self, iv only known you since coming to this site and wish i had come to this site when i had the spiderbox as im sure you would have help'd me to make the best of the box as you have done for many people and i could have used your channel list, my prob with the spiderbox's channel list was that i could not find a channel list for motoriesd setup which i now see that i could have got hear, the internet is a geart thing when you know where to look:hubbahubba:

ps: i had both box's at the same time and imo the openbox s9 was much more stable for me

regards
SKYBOXHD

hello
jimi

i arege with most of wot you say but have to voice that im not the only pep to think that the spiderbox was bad at enternet connection, as you can see below:

rp3X
VIP Member

DW Cash
£66900
Downloads
Uploads

Is Spiderbox still a good performing box with CCCAM etc ?

I have had a Spiderbox for 2 years now and while its stable and great, even when using the best of places I can get the occasional glitch/freeze.

That's with good ECM times(123ms-200ms), excellent 14meg download/2meg upload and no internet being used.

But I just wanted to find out if spiderbox has good performing CCCAM/Newcamd performance, since I hear the dreamboxes/technomates have always been way better ?

|

26th February 2012, 20:32 #2
jimihendrix
VIP Member

DW Cash
£577935
Downloads
Uploads

|

j t holder likes this.
26th February 2012, 20:48 #3
rp3X
VIP Member

DW Cash
£66900
Downloads
Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jimihendrix View Post

|

26th February 2012, 20:59 #4
jimihendrix
VIP Member

DW Cash
£577935
Downloads
Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rp3X View Post

Sadly true the only way to glitch free viewing is a sub but when you total up the number of subs on your line(s) it would cost an arm and a leg. Now just one point, I have posted before that if your "gift" period has come to an end turn OFF the Ethernet (service+) function as leaving it on causes glitches.

AND

mikegb
Jnr Member +

DW Cash
£4250
Downloads
Uploads

Do spiderbox's 'freeze' a lot?

Hi, First post on here. I have been thinking about getting a spiderbox 7000, I am more interested in the movie channels it can get than sport but read something on a forum about it being nearly impossible to watch a movie uninterrupted as they keep 'freezing' a lot.
Can anyone tell me anything about this as I know almost nothing about the unmentionable system they use to open channels but I have seen it suggested that their system is overloaded which may cause this.
I tried getting some info on the altwats forum but my posts seem to get one terse response from jerkoffjimmyhendricks or anorak saying they work great then get removed before anyone else can give an opinion, the same pair seem to be on the spiderbox.tv forum as wll, hope they aren't on here.

|

16th January 2011, 18:19 #2
chrispeters
VIP Member

DW Cash
£90025
Downloads
Uploads

Send a message via MSN to chrispeters
Re: Do spiderbox's 'freeze' a lot?

i just bought a 7000HD
newcamd works great , fine NO issues whatsoever...FAB picture and dead simple to use box ....

HOWEVER..

i tried using a c line ( from server using cccam2.14) and every 5 mins it froze for a few seconds then came back on...very annoying .(with latest firmware) .
i believe they are ok with cccam as long as its 2.11 ?

i went back to newcamd after unsuccessfully trying the cccam .
overall i am happy with the box though....

as you can see im not slaging the box with these quotes, or your self, iv only known you since coming to this site and wish i had come to this site when i had the spiderbox as im sure you would have help'd me to make the best of the box as you have done for many people and i could have used your channel list, my prob with the spiderbox's channel list was that i could not find a channel list for motoriesd setup which i now see that i could have got hear, the internet is a geart thing when you know where to look:hubbahubba:

ps: i had both box's at the same time and imo the openbox s9 was much more stable for me

regards
SKYBOXHD

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST MY BAD

Last edited:
Back