Please write all your problems with the latest patch for all models

To be honest I have a Spiderbox 9000 combo along with a TM5302 and TM5402 and find very little difference between the 5402 and Spiderbox. They are both well made receivers, both of a high build quality and both work well. The remote with the 9000 combo (also the 9000 but not the 7000) is a really great one and can be programmed to operate Spiderbox/VCR/DVD/TV.
The 5302 is really a "budget" version of the 5402 and not quite up to the standard of the Spiderbox or TM5402 but still a very nice simple to use receiver.
It's a case of swings and roundabouts all receivers have their good and not so good points, what you like in one receiver may be missing from another receiver and the reverse is also true.
I like and use all my receivers and all do a great job!!

I have owned both spiderbox and Technomate 5402HD. I find Techno much easier to update, especially for personalising channel lists.
It's the Techno remote that's crap compare to the Spiderbox. Reminds of those great old looking Italian sports cars with their jumbled up and confusing dashboards:eh?:

Hello Holmroad.

I have path technomate like instructions you send to me.
I always do it this way.
Now for path 745P i have already remove them from the tm. Continue blok from the receiver ihave to puth im out and back on with the button on the back.
Wolfje, canal nl not working.
What i have concluded. Path 745 read the stick buth, it is not eany more lik with other path. With other path you can set everything on the stick, pitchers ect it was possible to read.
Now the path i most use was in a submap like before path 745 can not read this.
I take an brand new stick, and replace the maps on it its read the stick now problem then.
However continue block with the path...
Hello Technomate you can do math more not??
My first technomate was a 1500 super, i can say on that moment technomate was super receiver on that moment.
I have technomate 5200 technomate 6900 .
I think technomate have no more interesse to be on the top?
Next time dreambox8000 ?

Yes mate, lets hope they actually MEAN it THIS time? lol!!!:salute:

I heard from a reliable source that the next patch will have a menu option '800'.
When enabled, the Technomate reciever logs into your eBay account, lists itself for sale then buys a Dreambox.

In't technology brilliant?

new availble key for c.sat @ 19.2°E [Astra 1M Transponder 94] 12285V S/R 27500 FEC 3/4 (DVB-S QPSK)
to open AB Moteurs, AB1, Animax, Encyclo, XXL, Escales, Toute l´Histoire, NT1, Dorcel TV, Action, Mangas, Ciné Polar, Ciné FX, RTL9
key 09:6xxxxxxxxxxxxxx5 not clearing anything on the tm's availble with the tewcnomatemaker 1.5 tool

Last edited:
new availble key for c.sat @ 19.2°E [Astra 1M Transponder 94] 12285V S/R 27500 FEC 3/4 (DVB-S QPSK)
to open AB Moteurs, AB1, Animax, Encyclo, XXL, Escales, Toute l´Histoire, NT1, Dorcel TV, Action, Mangas, Ciné Polar, Ciné FX, RTL9
key 09:6xxxxxxxxxxxxxx5 not clearing anything on the tm's availble with the tewcnomatemaker 1.5 tool

Just as a matter of interest which patch are you using it with mate?:drink:

Just as a matter of interest which patch are you using it with mate?:drink:
tried a few of the latest that would open the other c.sat channels on other transponders
this key is new since the 18/05/12 and opens the channels on other patched stb's with latest softcam's

I'm still running on latest patch 745P, mainly because I'm still waiting for someone to find original firmware 737 to enable me to work with patch 737P - which in MY opinion is probably the best 'overall' one whilst we await the promised new universal patch 746P - as per Download centre!:drink:

Hmmm. A question Holmroad. I knew that when (re-)patching we need to go back to original firmware first. But does it have to be the exactly corresponding version? Or would an even earlier version of the original do? I'm sure that as all the patches have come through there haven't always been corresponding originals. Now I think about it, could this be the root of the problems we have with needing different versions to different things? OK - that was three questions. m

Hmmm. A question Holmroad. I knew that when (re-)patching we need to go back to original firmware first. But does it have to be the exactly corresponding version? Or would an even earlier version of the original do? I'm sure that as all the patches have come through there haven't always been corresponding originals. Now I think about it, could this be the root of the problems we have with needing different versions to different things? OK - that was three questions. m

Well yes mate, thats a very good question, I mean I WAS trying firmware 729 with patch 729P until the latest patch 745P came out, but still not getting all there is to be had from latest softcams in conjunction with patch!
So I was simply hoping to be able to use an 'original' with a patch for 737/737P - just to totally test that option, just in case it DOES matter that the two should coincide!
I'm fairly sure it wont matter in the slightest mate, but I feel its important for we punters to be able to give Phantom & co everything we have in feedback, to save THEM having to do it for us!! lol!!
I feel that I am 'blacklisted' by TM & maybe Phantom too - simply for calling a spade a spade - but whats the point in not giving them ALL the facts - which obviously they cant really like much?
Please note Phantom AND Technomate, its sheer FRUSTRATION at not being able to help you give us what we should like that makes us get a bit het up - but we honestly really DO appreciate your trying!:classic:

I've come across this "use the original software before patching" several times in the TM section of the forum, the question I have is why?
It does seem a strange thing to have to do and with my TM5302 and 5402 I've never done it, so far without any problems.
Maybe someone that knows why members are told to do it will be kind enough to reply.
My standard method is :
Back up my channels.
Factory reset.
Flash the latest patch.
Factory reset.
Then install my channels list and reset anything that needs doing.
As I say, I've never had a problem doing things that way and would welcome an explanation as to why we are advised to load the original software before patching.

you need to use original software to avoid any problem but you can use the patch software without loading the original first

Thanks tony66 and manic01 for the explanations, guess I've been lucky doing it the way I do. Must admit I often wondered why members recommended doing it the other way now I know.

Must admit I've only been carrying out the 'full' patch loading procedure since being advised to on here by some of our members, as I too have had problems in the past with unepected occurrances - such as recordings not working as expected, tsb unexpectedly switching itself off and on again, etc etc all of which 'may' (or indeed NOT!) have been caused by accumulated corruptions within the stb memory/logics - so I have chosen to 'play safe' and follow the factory reset/original firmware/patch route as advised on here - and I must admit that I personally think its helped 'ME' - but that's just MY opinion guys!
Nothing ventured nothing gained? :drink::salute:

TM5302

I've just updated my TM5302 to the 24th August patch and find I am unable to edit the server settings. I press the IP key on the remote, enter the password and get to the Server View page, select the server I want to edit, press Green to Disconnect, then press OK to enter the Edit function.
Result? nothing happens.
Anyone else tried to edit their server settings?

TM5302

I've just updated my TM5302 to the 24th August patch and find I am unable to edit the server settings. I press the IP key on the remote, enter the password and get to the Server View page, select the server I want to edit, press Green to Disconnect, then press OK to enter the Edit function.
Result? nothing happens.
Anyone else tried to edit their server settings?

Ok an update patches 07.06.1012 and 09.08.2012 DO allow the server edit function patch 24.08.12 AND the direct download patch 30.08.2012 DO NOT allow server editing.
This needs fixing fast please.

Back