TM-800 more info.......

Any idea of any retailers who will be taking pre-orders on this baring in mind the 15th isnt too long away?

i know of a retailer that has been considering this, but as the release date has changed so many times, they wont even advertise them untill they are available

i have been told that there may be an offer of some sort on though when they are eventually released

couple of questions:

1) Will the latest version of cccam work with reading a white card?
2) what voltage does the card reader run at?

Kind regards,
Crazy

couple of questions:

1) Will the latest version of cccam work with reading a white card?
2) what voltage does the card reader run at?

Kind regards,
Crazy

I hope the problem with the White Cards in fixed on the TM800...

I feel like I'm a young kid been promised a brill toy for xmas, but the problem is xmas seems to getting later and later.. (now I have to wait till mid April)

the white card runs flawlessly using newcs

im still using the image 2.0.20 (Rev4) 22/04/09 in my receiver with my white card in, and its only crashed once in nearly a year

the card reader voltage is selected by the cards ATR, ive not seen any proof of a TM receiver blowing a sly card, except for the testing i did a few years back with the TM3000 series, and that was the old blue cards

cheers for that mate,
i know that the card can defo be read with newcs on the tm500/600

wanted to know if the card can be read using cccam on the tm800.

otherwise, i would need to go from newcs to cccam so that newcs can read and cccam can share, and i don't know who to do that :S

Thanks

cheers for that mate,
i know that the card can defo be read with newcs on the tm500/600

wanted to know if the card can be read using cccam on the tm800.

otherwise, i would need to go from newcs to cccam so that newcs can read and cccam can share, and i don't know who to do that :S

Thanks

the issue is a cccam one m8, not a hardware issue

thanks dude,
so this is a universal problem? no reciever can read the white card using the latest cccam,

does it work with older versions of cccam?

will this be fixed sometime in the near future?

would you be able to point me in the direction of a guide that would allow me to read using newcamd or newcs and then share using cccam?

newcs is another emulator just like cccam right?

Thanks for all the help,
CrazyFool

newCS is cardserver software, cccam then connects to it using N: lines instead of C: lines

Thanks mate,
do you recommend i go:

card -> newcs -> cccam -> clients
OR
card -> newcs -> clients

????

In either case, which software do you recommend my clients use bearing in mind they will ONLY be recieving and not sending.

Thanks again,
Crazy

only newcs will read the card, im not too good with cccam, so cant really offer much advice on the best way forward for you m8

tbh m8, i don't know why i'm interested in cccam.
i just planned on using it from the start as it was most available and seemed easiest.

would the easiest solution from here onwards be for my clients to also recieve using newcs?
This would mean that the software is the same for both client and host.

I think you are like me mate, heard about the CCcam and assuming its the best and better than Newcs!!??

I guess if there was no way of using the CCcam on the Technomates then I would convert to Newcs, but I'm sure the image issue can be rectified at some point as the CCcam works flawlessly on my Dreambox on CCcam.

Well lets keep our fingers crossed and see what we get!!

lol, i am so confused now.
when you say cccam works on your dreambox,
do you mean it reads the card m8?

digi said the issue was with cccam?:

the issue is a cccam one m8, not a hardware issue

so i seem to have misunderstood something here :S

what i have understood so far is that i must use newcs to read the card and then i must use cccam to share the card. (and i don't know how this is done btw)

so your saying that cccam can actually be used to read the card but not with tm's?
will this problem be solved with the tm800hd?
if not, how do i share the card? can i read and share using newcs or must i read with newcs and then share with cccam?

Last edited:
CCcam can be used to read the card directly in the dreambox without any issues but not on TM receivers you have to use newcs to read the card and share with cccam.

I've been told this issue is being looked into by UR Team.

With CCcam2.1.3 or 2.1.4 in my TM600, it would freeze every 15 to 20 seconds, but, using Newcs it was fine. Problem was, I dont think Newcs will update the entitlements on the card, and thats why I wanted to use CCcam, so I dont have to mess around swapping boxes every so often.
In the end, I got a Dm500, put Cccam2.1.4 on that and poped in the card, works great, no freezing and updates on its own.

With CCcam2.1.3 or 2.1.4 in my TM600, it would freeze every 15 to 20 seconds, but, using Newcs it was fine. Problem was, I dont think Newcs will update the entitlements on the card, and thats why I wanted to use CCcam, so I dont have to mess around swapping boxes every so often.
In the end, I got a Dm500, put Cccam2.1.4 on that and poped in the card, works great, no freezing and updates on its own.

Unless I am mistaken the dm500 card reader only works at 5v and will fry the card eventually

urban legend as far as i'm concerned m8.... ive had mine running for few months now and no problems so far...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said

ive been running one since the day the new cards came out, and its still fine

Its been in there since January and its still ok, feels cool when I take it out aswell, I think the cccam configures the voltage, or i may be mistaken

Maybe different with cccam 2.14 but when I tried it in a dm500 with 2.13 it was getting quite hot within a few hours

Back