TM-800 more info.......

UR_team

Inactive User
Reaction score
Some more info about the TM-800 (and I managed to get hold of the final picture (my sample's front is different)) :)

Technomate TM-800 HD

Enigma 2 Linux System
1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p & 576i High-Definition
1x DVB-S/S2 Satellite HD Tuner
320 MHz MIPS Processor
64 MByte NAND Flash & 256 MByte DDRAM
Internal SATA for internal 2.5" HDD
MPEG-2, MPEG-4 & H.264
Unlimited Channel Memory
SD to HD Hardware Upscaler
1x Smart Card Reader
2x USB Ports (for PVR, MP3, JPEG, Software Upgrade and more)
e-SATA
Ethernet Port
HDMI & Component Output
RF Modulator
2x Scarts
VFD Display
1W Standby
Optional WiFi module

LAUNCH DATE: 15th April 2010

The following formats are supported:

AVI, MKV, RM, MP4, Mov, 3gp, MPG, PS, vob, dat, ts, m2ts, flv, asf, wmv and wma

Video codec - MPEG2/4, H.264, H.263, WMV9, VC-1, Divx/Xvid and Real video

Audio codec - MP3, AC3, AAC, MP2, PCM, WMA and Real audio

damm that looks like a nice box.....i just hope they dont keep delaying the launch of this box...i better start reading up on these boxes on how and what you can do with these boxes...im assuming its similar to a dbox2 i use to have ?

Thanks UR_team for the pic looks HOT!!! wish they would sort out the launch date been waiting for ever for this BOX!!!!!!!

@ UR_team ...does the box have the smargo card reader compatibility?

is it same size or smaller than tm600?
and looks like you can only fit a 2.5 internal hard drive and not 3.5 drive.

smaller than a TM600, maybe slightly bigger then a TM1000/5000/3000 series

internal 2.5" SATA drive bay

is it same size or smaller than tm600?
and looks like you can only fit a 2.5 internal hard drive and not 3.5 drive.
I think it's 30cm wide (smaller than the TM-600). Yes, only 2.5" can be used.

UR_team

bit of a shame its only 2.5, coulda wacked a cheap 1tb 3.5tb or 2tb drive and load up mkv/divxs and still have enough space for PVR, but its still pretty good.

bit of a shame its only 2.5, coulda wacked a cheap 1tb 3.5tb or 2tb drive and load up mkv/divxs and still have enough space for PVR, but its still pretty good.

you can convert a SATA to USB for a few dollars

Looks very good, I hope EDG-Nemesis will support this receiver.

you can convert a SATA to USB for a few dollars

May have too open her up and mod it ;)

Im only considering it since still not much joy with the spiderbox, will keep trying few things out but would be nice too have a well supported/more stabler ccam enabeled box and Dreambox/technomate are highly regarded....

Why not use an external USB drive or USB caddy case for the 3.5" HDD

UR_team

Why not use an external USB drive or USB caddy case for the 3.5" HDD

UR_team

Yeah theres many ways around it but I like my neatness/tidyness and less wiring/boxes for less wire clutter.

There are 1tb 2.5 hdds already.

There are some nice esata server boxes out there I guess if anyone wants too add larger storage with 2tb 3.5s as always :)

I was just thinking this box would be fantastic too play back my music/movies, decent media boxes that can play back mkv/mp3 alone are £100-150 !

Yeah theres many ways around it but I like my neatness/tidyness and less wiring/boxes for less wire clutter.

There are 1tb 2.5 hdds already.

There are some nice esata server boxes out there I guess if anyone wants too add larger storage with 2tb 3.5s as always :)

I was just thinking this box would be fantastic too play back my music/movies, decent media boxes that can play back mkv/mp3 alone are £100-150 !
Right you are there.

Here's hoping they stick to their price point of around £200 which is value for money. My PS3 can't play MKV's!

UR_team

Bit of a kick in the knackers when I've just managed to wrangle a brand new 500gb 3.5" SATA drive for nothing that I had earmarked to go into this baby. Looks like I may have to take a leaf out of Digidude's book and modify this bugger when I get hold of it, either that or offer it on here for a good price. Fingers crossed it is available on the 15th of next month as I've got the cash burning a hole in my pocket. Good news is at least it doesn't look like an M-Vision or is that Spiderbox?

Regards

Liam

Bit of a kick in the knackers when I've just managed to wrangle a brand new 500gb 3.5" SATA drive for nothing that I had earmarked to go into this baby. Looks like I may have to take a leaf out of Digidude's book and modify this bugger when I get hold of it, either that or offer it on here for a good price. Fingers crossed it is available on the 15th of next month as I've got the cash burning a hole in my pocket. Good news is at least it doesn't look like an M-Vision or is that Spiderbox?

Regards

Liam

You can buy a cheap usb 2.0 3.5 enclosure from ebay for about £10-15, but yeah as I said before wires and clutter.... otherwise perhaps sell it off and
go for a 500gig 2.5 sata hdd but at a cost.

Any idea of any retailers who will be taking pre-orders on this baring in mind the 15th isnt too long away?

Back