Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

supanet bb

Yes m8 I know about the variations on the hubs... But When I download off ppl I know I should get a fast speed off this still doesn't happen.

And with torrents I am connected to 38 peers+ so the thing should wizz down but still it drags its heals :(

I actually formatted this machine in case and had to re download java for it, why not go to the web site yourselvs and see if you can beat 5 kbs to download the program :( And I had nothing running at the time.

This has only started since they upgraded me to 1 meg, it was fine at 512.

The first week of 1 meg I got great speeds but then things started to die off.

The network (3 machines) should have nothing to do with it as they are switched off most of the time, I have also tried the machine on stand alone with the usb modem but get the same results.

Hi Folks I run e7even and use three computers on wireless network I am on my 1mbs I am getting 979 download and 262 upload - now that cannot be bad mind it is only 6:23 am. lol

Hi Garngadblue try this Cheers watch out for speed cameras!!! lol

h**p://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

This is what I showed on that test.

8f-adsl.jpg

Feck knows what's happening there Dutcho. There's no way downloading at 25kbs should give you a reading like that. Watch out it might be them Zootopians? again

Well that helps....pmsl

I would understand it if I was getting say 70 kbs but it just doesn't add up does it :(

I have even formatted this machine and changed type of firewall ect...

BUMMER

Don't know if i'tl help but had a real ole slow down the other day..turned out to be a shed load of spyware on my pc hogging the resources....u never know m8 ....

PMSL...

Just downloaded new version of zonealarm from their site and look at the speed....

Where did that come from slowed back down again now :(

exe files should b quick tho m8.....mayb just a bad site your d/l from ....

I use a proggie called DU Meter so i can see realtime what my connection is doing...weird that u get good and bad could b traffic at time of d/l, was java exe just slow the whole time or up'n'down.....

robac said:
I was interested to see peoples views on the Supanet service as of course the price is very good for a 1Mb connection and from another thread it seemed as though a lot of members from this site were signing up.
Looking at information on adslguide.org it perhaps explains the lack of bandwidth at peak times, Supanet have 2 x 155Mbps central pipe, compare that to my ISP - Pipex who have 21 x 155Mbps, 4 x 622Mbps and a further 4 x 622Mbps on order.
Looks like i will have to wait till i get my 1Mb connection.

i have the 1 meg connection with pipex going to 2mg next week ...i find em ok and the speed tests report good ratings

ssilvo

Back