supanet bb

Yes m8 I know about the variations on the hubs... But When I download off ppl I know I should get a fast speed off this still doesn't happen.

And with torrents I am connected to 38 peers+ so the thing should wizz down but still it drags its heals :(

I actually formatted this machine in case and had to re download java for it, why not go to the web site yourselvs and see if you can beat 5 kbs to download the program :( And I had nothing running at the time.

This has only started since they upgraded me to 1 meg, it was fine at 512.

The first week of 1 meg I got great speeds but then things started to die off.

The network (3 machines) should have nothing to do with it as they are switched off most of the time, I have also tried the machine on stand alone with the usb modem but get the same results.

Hi Folks I run e7even and use three computers on wireless network I am on my 1mbs I am getting 979 download and 262 upload - now that cannot be bad mind it is only 6:23 am. lol

Hi Garngadblue try this Cheers watch out for speed cameras!!! lol

h**p://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

This is what I showed on that test.

8f-adsl.jpg

Feck knows what's happening there Dutcho. There's no way downloading at 25kbs should give you a reading like that. Watch out it might be them Zootopians? again

Well that helps....pmsl

I would understand it if I was getting say 70 kbs but it just doesn't add up does it :(

I have even formatted this machine and changed type of firewall ect...

BUMMER

Don't know if i'tl help but had a real ole slow down the other day..turned out to be a shed load of spyware on my pc hogging the resources....u never know m8 ....

I use a proggie called DU Meter so i can see realtime what my connection is doing...weird that u get good and bad could b traffic at time of d/l, was java exe just slow the whole time or up'n'down.....

robac said:
I was interested to see peoples views on the Supanet service as of course the price is very good for a 1Mb connection and from another thread it seemed as though a lot of members from this site were signing up.
Looking at information on adslguide.org it perhaps explains the lack of bandwidth at peak times, Supanet have 2 x 155Mbps central pipe, compare that to my ISP - Pipex who have 21 x 155Mbps, 4 x 622Mbps and a further 4 x 622Mbps on order.
Looks like i will have to wait till i get my 1Mb connection.

i have the 1 meg connection with pipex going to 2mg next week ...i find em ok and the speed tests report good ratings

ssilvo

Back