Sunday Dinner

I've heard of that Aldi three bird roast before, must give it a go sometime :)

@oneman, i've never cooked yorkshire puds myself but have had them out and in other people's houses and i've never been impressed with them :(

yorkshire puds look easy to make but also easy to get wrong. They should be light and fluffy, try here,

YouTube - Yorkshire pudding Christmas recipe How to make xmas puddings traditional food with roast beef gravy

BTW, goose fat in the tray tastes nice for the yorkshires.

I cheat and use these.

prod_723.jpg

I went to my neighbours for my sunday dinner today:)
we had roast beef, carrots,peas,cauliflower,white cabbage,roast potatoes,mash,yorkshire pudding which were light and fluffy and gravy,
the carrots and potatoes were picked from there garden this morning
then we had home made trifle for afters all washed down with a nice glass of beer,
im full to the brim:)

Sounds gorgeous ferg, nothing better than home grown veg :)

All i have this year is a couple of tomato plants, some potatoes and some lettuce, i planted much more last year.

@jaffa, i've had the auntie bessie's they're better than some but i'm still not a fan :(

we go through stages of having Roast dinners

ain't had one for a few weeks now,but its been hot so wouldn't expect the wife to slave in the kitchen all morning

we often go out for Sunday lunch,Hungry Horse or Harvester
not quite the same as home made Roasts though

Yorkshire puds are yummy

oh and I cover Roasts in mint sauce no matter what meat we have MMMMmmmmmmmm

i don't really like mint sauce either lol. Colman's used to do a sweet mint jelly that i liked, but now i can't get that anymore i use redcurrant jellly with lamb and cranberry sauce with turkey. That's it :)

we go through stages of having Roast dinners

ain't had one for a few weeks now,but its been hot so wouldn't expect the wife to slave in the kitchen all morning

not quite the same as home made Roasts though

Yorkshire puds are yummy

oh and I cover Roasts in mint sauce no matter what meat we have MMMMmmmmmmmm

got to love the yorkshire pudding, some time they are made in my house but still taste good : )

HubbleSite - The Telescope - Hubble Essentials - Quick Facts

I love yorkshire puddings myself but I make my own.

Yes agree, sunday dinners rule and i say that even tho i do all the cooking in our house.

Chicken, mash, roasters, peas, carrots, yorkies, stuffing and gravey.

@eva, as everyone has said yourkies should be light and fliffy and are so easy to make and dont cheat and buy the frozzen ones :proud:.

Saying that we have had Gammon, Mash and peas with Parsley Sauce today as i have been to work, spent £150 on shopping and cooked dinner. The Mrs day was going out with her friend going on some steam trains and comming home to a cooked dinner????

WHERE AM I GOING WRONG. :Fish:

We had a home made steak pie, but the meat was horrible. :(

I nipped out and grabbed 2 Big Macs ;)

Well me and the misses are on a low carb diet. So we had the following today -

Simple Time Pork Chops Recipe - Allrecipes.com
along with Various veg/ not potatoes

Then we had the following desert -
Dyan's Low Carb Recipes and Links

Considering we are on a "diet" this was absolutely fantastic. I have lost 1 stone in about 6 weeks on this diet combined with some exercise. But yeah sunday dinner is fab lol.

Well me and the misses are on a low carb diet. So we had the following today -

Simple Time Pork Chops Recipe - Allrecipes.com
along with Various veg/ not potatoes

Then we had the following desert -
Dyan's Low Carb Recipes and Links

Considering we are on a "diet" this was absolutely fantastic. I have lost 1 stone in about 6 weeks on this diet combined with some exercise. But yeah sunday dinner is fab lol.

That low carb stuff is amazing, but it's also disgusting, lol.

I lost almost 1 stone in a WEEK when I did it, then it slowed right down, but it was still much faster than my wifes who was doing a low calorie diet.

But I couldn't keep it up, I was disgusted looking at meat, cheese and eggs.....:sick:

I live alone but am a very lucky man. A close neighbour does a roast for me every Sunday. They see me walk past after my usual 4 pints and either her husband or one of the kids are at my back door with my dinner.
Today it was roast beef, yorkshires, carrots julienne, cabbage, peas with mashed and roast potatoes with delicious gravy.
I added the salt and horseradish sauce accompanied by a knife and fork.

My neighbours are terrific. I give them little treats in return.

That's not Yorkshire puddings, It's cardboard trash.

Proper home made Yorkshires are lovely.

Agreed.

But I must confess that I've used them more than once. ;)

I go to the hungry horse down in Laindon round the back of dunton. They do quite a good mixed LARGE mixed grill there.

It's great to to have a home cooked sunday dinner, even better when someone else cooks it :), but if nobody can be bothered cooking I'd recommend a Toby cavery eat as much as you want.

So today we had my mum and her boyfriend around, so just had a salad for starters, then roast beef, roast potatoes, baby new potatoes, mashed turnips, garden peas and gravy, followed by romantica and with a nice couple of bottles of pinot grigot :)

Nothing like sunday dinner at home and then you veg out in front of some rubbish on the tv afterwards. lol

Back