Sunday Dinner

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have to admit i love my Sunday dinner, roast beef or lamb, maybe turkey with roast potatoes, new potatoes or mash, veg and gravy.

Going out to dinner or having something else just isn't the same?

Is the traditional roast dinner on a Sunday falling by the wayside, or do you still do it? :)

i just grab wotevers in the fridge and wotever is quickest, im not gonna go through all the hassle of makin a full sunday roast just for myself.

Usually have a roast dinner at home on Sunday's, today though just munched my way through a mega full English brekkie, can't beat it now and then :)

Is much nicer in the house fb, i agree, but i guess if there's just you there's no point.

I'm getting to the stage now where my kids are always off out doing stuff with their friends, so probably won't be doing the traditional sunday dinner for much longer. As it is usually at least one dinner ends up in the fridge destined for the microwave!

i love a sunday roast and if i go out for food on a sunday i always have the roast ...

but as a kid i couldnt stand having a sunday roast, veg yuck lol ......

but as mickey said not worth cooking just for myself, cant wait for my missis to come back home from her perents lol...

but there is a shop near me called knobbies, he only opens on sundays and he does a mean sunday roast for £4.50 ..... nice

That place looks nice JTH.

No fireblade, i can't stand yorkshire puddings, just balls of stodge as far as i'm concerned!

I'm doing one for the outlaws today, roast pork, cauliflower, broccoli, battened carrots new potatoes and runner beans with a rich honey and mustard gravy, followed by a Sicilian lemon cheese cake and cream may wee may wee.

Sounds lovely, we had roast beef, gravy, roast potatoes, baby new potatoes, carrots julienne, green beans and garden peas followed by carrot cake and icecream :)

What's sicilian lemon cheesecake?

What's sicilian lemon cheesecake?

i would guess it a cheescake where the lemons probably come from Sically.

love roast dinners favourite would be chicken with stuffing balls which have been breadcrumbed and deep fried (we sweaty socks deep fry everything lol ) roast,boild totties and those wee spicy cocktsil sausages and good merchant navy with loads of black pepper.

for desert i like simply tinned pears with good quality vanilla ice cream.

I do a roast every now and then (check out aldi 3 bird roast BTW). But with the mrs being a veggie its a bit of a waste just doing it for one plus 2 small kids.

Go to toby's sometimes, they do roast all week for £5 I think except sunday and they are usually alright. There is another place which does midweek roast for £3 or £5.50 with a pint. I have no idea how they make money on that.

We often do the indian sunday lunch, picture is in my other post on Indian food.

BTW Eva, don't know about your yorkshires but they should be light and fluffy to soak up that gravy.

I've heard of that Aldi three bird roast before, must give it a go sometime :)

@oneman, i've never cooked yorkshire puds myself but have had them out and in other people's houses and i've never been impressed with them :(

Back