Sunday Dinner

well... theres another thread thingy or something about peoples suggestions for rooms. like fun an laughter. general chat etc. and i considered asking about a recipe/ cooking section? but i just thought nah no one would be interested, but having read all this about sunday dinner. i think i might suggest it afer all as seems alot of folk not just me, love cooking and all that it entails. also.( back on subject) sunday roast i always cook. it can range from 3 of us to 5 maybe more. and since last year when my dad passed away we.ve had my mum over every sunday almost. and its sucha custom now, sunday roast, aint sunday roast without my mum xx but yes i cook them all , all the favorite meats, freh veg, none that frozen stuff . home made stuffing . the works xx

there's quite a few cookery threads now, i think that's a great idea goldie :)

woo hoo. i'll go and suggest it now then xx oh and thanks for the thanks eva and rat xxvery kind of you both xx

Roast beef, gravy, roast potatoes, mash, mashed carrot and parsnip and petit pois.

with a nice glass of wine :)

might have roast pork ,roast potato gravy and peas and remembered to get apple sauce:Clap:

Sunday is the pre-working day, due Monday start again, and to afford the new week, is better go sleep with a lite meal, a good Pizza, for example, take from good Pizza place, with real mozzarella cheese and not mixed cheese, from plastic factory... plus real tomatoes sauce not from China..with the origan spice, and a dash of basil, is the best good pizza you can have, with a good beer and a good coffee.... to finish the evening.. than on Monday you will feel not so full to start to work...

I like a good roast dinner, lots of trimmings and stuff. But I'm no traditionalist so I don't care what day we have it on.

Tonight we're having home made pizza made in our stone pizza oven, can't beat it, so much better than store bought or takeaway pizza.

roast leg of lamb, gravy, redcurrant jelly, roast potatoes and carrots and pumpkin roasted in olive oil and garlic :)

with a glass of wine :)

just a nice lump of sirloin steak and chips for me today.

with a couple of cans of course :Cheers:

with onions and mushrooms? and maybe some green pepper sauce, or a nice diane sauce :)

nope no onions or mushrooms...

just cooked medium with mustard and tom sause on the side :proud:

Got Roast Gammon today :)
been soaking in Gaymers Original Cider for the last 24hrs
will glaze with honey and roast :)

roast leg of lamp,roast potatoes,cauliflower with cheese sauce and mint jelly and a large mug of coffee and a bullseye for after:Clap::Clap:

No more sunday dinners until xmas now as the mrs is on a diet and I will be supporting her, lol

Were having a halloweeny tea with hotdogs (proper sausages) in freshly baked baguetes with red oinions. Beef stew and dumplings. And then the bat cookies and chocolate apples the kids made.

roast leg of lamb with roast potatoes and gravy and redcurrant jelly. and baby new potatoes and carrots drizzled with olive oil and garlic and roasted, and broccoli and peas :) with a nice glass of pinot grigio blush seeing as i wont be driving anywhere lol

roast leg of lamb with roast potatoes and gravy and redcurrant jelly. and baby new potatoes and carrots drizzled with olive oil and garlic and roasted, and broccoli and peas :) with a nice glass of pinot grigio blush seeing as i wont be driving anywhere lol

How long does that take at 800Watts?

lol i dont know. i put the lamb on at 150 degrees celcius with tinfoil over it for an hour or so and then turn it up to 180 and take the tinfoil off when i put the roast potatoes on, takes about another hour. so maybe 2 1/2 hours, depends on size of joint, only had a small one today.

lol i dont know. i put the lamb on at 150 degrees celcius with tinfoil over it for an hour or so and then turn it up to 180 and take the tinfoil off when i put the roast potatoes on, takes about another hour. so maybe 2 1/2 hours, depends on size of joint, only had a small one today.
;):) Not got any Sunday dinner skills in the tool box yet - will take it on one day though...

Back