sony bravia 40" with cable tuner

Silly question but does the cable go into the aerial socket through an adaptor? I just got a kdl4045500 and curious for future reference
yes it does then all you need to do is select cable for when you search for channels:Clap:

need to look at the spec.....search the website or g00gle

I have 2 Samsung TVs which (according to Samsung and the TV menus) have cable tuners (and have CI slots). Does that mean they will work or is there something else needed? I ask as I notice all eGay sellers seem to suggest they have tested their cams on Sony TVs. Was wondering if this was Sony specific hack?

thanks for trying to get back to me, i got it working after i wasnt using enough wire!. I posted a guide on how everyone can do it easily using cas2.

Hi,

Been using a joker cam with 0.80 & an atmega card with my sony 40v3000 for a while now but recently bought a samsung le32b530 to use with it as it has a built in hd dvbc tuner (mpeg4). Reason was to unscramble the recent addition of hd channels on cable. I can confirm that that the hd channels are viewable with this tv & looks great. The problem is that there is no sound when viewing a hd channel??
Very frustrating especially as the tv shows that the channel is transmitted in dolby digital & the tv spec suggests it supports this format??

Has anyone an idea what i'm doing wrong? No point being able to view hd channels with no sound!!!!!!

Any help would be great.
Cheers

thats an easy one i think!. BBCHD usually carries 5.1 DD most likely tv cant decode this. Connection optical from your TV to an amp see if that works. Have a look on the sound options on your TV.

chaps,
sorry first post and alll that, have 32w4000 without going into too much detail tried dc, tv intermittent, when placed elsewhere showing 3.55 not 3.70 like trying to load with a ph prog using inf wont update, now have blue and red zeta just now need to know if dr loader card (f7) will work with this or different card needed, please help also trying to convert jbin to jhex is this correct?

please help doing nut in....

hello, i could also do with some help, i purchased a blue zeta cam, i used my infinity usb to prog a funcard7 so i wrote FUN7LDR.HEX to flash and joker_0.79.bin to ext eeprom. problem is when i insert the card/cam i don't get any options to upgrade the cam to joker_0.79 on or within the tv's menu, i take it i have to write the joker_0.79 as a bin file or do i convert to a hex file? ps i have a good signal as i have a 2 subbed box's ;-0

hello, i could also do with some help, i purchased a blue zeta cam, i used my infinity usb to prog a funcard7 so i wrote FUN7LDR.HEX to flash and joker_0.79.bin to ext eeprom. problem is when i insert the card/cam i don't get any options to upgrade the cam to joker_0.79 on or within the tv's menu, i take it i have to write the joker_0.79 as a bin file or do i convert to a hex file? ps i have a good signal as i have a 2 subbed box's ;-0

Last edited:
you need to prog your zeta cam with the joker firmware using a cas programmer.you can't do it with the fun card method

you need to prog your zeta cam with the joker firmware using a cas programmer.you can't do it with the fun card method
thanks for your reply, im looking to order a cas 3 in the next couple of days. will i need to mod the cas 3 or is it a case of downloading cas studio and then it's plug n play? thanks again.

if your good with a soldering iron buy the cas2 and follow my guide, your probably gonna have to open your bluezeta regardless cause tracks are probably cut.

thanks for your reply, im looking to order a cas 3 in the next couple of days. will i need to mod the cas 3 or is it a case of downloading cas studio and then it's plug n play? thanks again.

You don't need a cas3. You can update your blue zeta with software v.2C272X and a funcard. Version 2C272X is for blue zetas with original firmware and that version offer support for nagra.

Can anyone tell me if a dragon cam with a funcard work? & if so how easy is it to load firmware onto cam, can u use a funcard to do it?

Right
have now tried diablo cam with stealth 2.50 followed someones guide got fta, now when in cam menu if not on aired channel current edit channel key is saying my provid, which is not the one i know but cant seem to change it, would it be within the keys.xml file or the config.xml, just need to know where its pointing to the current prov, in CAS states 3 cabprov middle one is mine, if anyone could forward me a current keys.XML would be appriciated.

wow three cams later and a new cas3 prog, getting expensive cant suss out why not working...

please help....

does anyone have diablo working on sonbra 32w4000?

Using joker ver 0.80 with atmega card in my samsung tv, receiving all encrypted channels including new hd channels. Problem is there's no sound on the hd channels? I did have sound for short time but the wife pulled cam out to put in my sony tv, now can't get sound on hd channels, any ideas how to get sound back???

it must be a setting on your TV have you got a optical going to an amp or are you just using TV speakers?

I've checked all settings on tv but with no avail. Sound is through tv speakers only, do you think connecting external speakers would help? There is rca audio out ports as well as an optical out or will the audio need decoded through amp that copes with dolby digital? Tv supports dolby which the hd channels are in which leaves me bamboozaled!! BBC HD sound is fine too??

i dont think RCA will work as the output on HD channels is 5.1 dolby. You need to stick an optical and im not even sure if that will work. I have got a sony amp connected Via HDMI and it seems to just take the 5.1 through the hdmi cable. If i were you i would just try optical amp.

hello all
been reading this thread.
can anyone tell me if dvb-c tuner in the samsung ue40b8000 ,is compatible with cam / joker software.
ive got a dynamite programmer ,is this any good to program a cam.

Back