Economy7 and key card pre payment meter

I think thread has been spoilt.
As again think it best to leave it.
(best not to take bait)

Same member all the time.
Thats the reason i moved elsewhere due to certain member destroying threads.
Still at it and never gives up.

You really miss those posts mate? What would you like me to get stuffed with? You replied with 2 posts in this thread, neither of which were very nice. Methinks you lie 😂 😂 😂
Ask mick and ferret muppet download.jpg

cardboard-shit-box.jpg
You just talk pure

I think thread has been spoilt.
As again think it best to leave it.
(best not to take bait)

Same member all the time.
Thats the reason i moved elsewhere due to certain member destroying threads.
Still at it and never gives up.
Grow up ffs. You ready to resign again?
Same member all the time?
You could easily have minded your own business and stayed out of it.

Football is about ready to start so gonna watch that now. Shame really as I found you and your friend highly amusing.

Grow up ffs. You ready to resign again?
Same member all the time?
You could easily have minded your own business and stayed out of it.

Football is about ready to start so gonna watch that now. Shame really as I found you and your friend highly amusing.
People are fed up with it!!!

This is what many do when reading your posts
2704046E-FE77-4F0D-96D4-8F98A1B6948B.gif

Talk a walk in the morning, stop spoiling threads with no input other than your nasty approach.
Not the first time people have noticed it.
Hopefully your next post will be about something positive or some sort of tech help.
It helps forum, but your current attitude is off putting.
And spoils more than threads.
(spoils the entire site)

Enjoy footie mate.
🙂

I know this is a bit off the mark, it is a pity that photos were not taken at the beginning of the let, any changes made can be sorted with the (tenant) but in this case (not the tenant) the electric company removing a timer. Was the timer part of the install of the storage heaters.
Best of luck with the company, in fighting your corner for the tenant.

Den
Firstly,
Can I have the thread back please and if it's a personal head elsewhere. If your reply isn't offering some kind of help regarding the thread subject then dont bother posting hey and take it elsewhere !!!. If not can a mod step in and remove those who are spoiling me from getting advise the childish t#at.

So back to the subject,

@owen your probably right, taking pictures but I've never felt the need to do that other than when taking snapshot of a reading.
No one has tampered with the electrics bar the utility company and that was to install pre-paid meter and all their seals are in place, I used a different provider so.......
I'm heading up to the property today as theres an electrician from the utility company coming o inspect today. I'll let you know how I get on later.

Last edited:
I think you may have to try citizens advice and also see what advice Ofgem have to offer.

I know, I think it will boil down to if they admit to their mistake or if they want to deny they removed the heating timer.

I know its them who's removed it, when all said and done, why on earth would I or the lady take it out ?. Jesus, we'd probably be dead trying. I wouldn't dream of playing with large electrics, not on your Nellie.

Last edited:
When I first started to help her the first thing I did was ask customer services
"Does the pre paid meter work she has, dies it have a built in the economy 7 timer ?" As the had removed the older but working economy 7 timer when installing the key pre paid meter.

On 3 occasions by 3 different customer service staff they told me , "No". I looked at the meter itself and could not see anything resembling timer on off within the settings only tariffs so I took their information as to be correct.
I then asked for an engineer to call out and with a lot of pestering one called out yesterday so i met him at the property.
He was very clued and said that infact the meter "does" have a timer built in and he explained were the heating main feed entered the meter. So its customer services on 3 occasions 3 different people who were clueless.

Now the problem lies with tariffs and rates using this pre paid. I suggested she has it swapped to a standard economy 7 meter so she has better options.
She then goes on to tell me stuff she forgot to mention like, her first bill when she moved in only can after 9 months and she had not put enough away.
Npower then suggested a key pre paid meter and she paid the debt slowly off that way.
Ffs honestly, you sometimes do your best for people and they kinda forget to inform you of things like this.

Her tariff for pre paid economy7 night rate is utter sh&t very high so she'll have to sort all that out.
So the crooks of the matter is, shes not only on a high tariff but shes been paying a debt off for donkeys years via top up therefore making her bills seem excessive, well that's how it seems to me.
She text me late last night and said she doesnt think she can afford to leave npower, I'm not sure what she means by that.
Hoping to ring them today and get to the bottom of it all.

I think she's going to have to deal with this now. If it had of been a heating meter i.e. meter not working I could and have helped her but switching tariff deals and meters that's a decision she will have to sort.
I spoke in length with the energy company she's with and believe it or not her economy 7 night and day rate on a pre-paid meter are both actually slightly lower than a smart meter economy 7.
it's a usage problem, she must be eating it or washing cooking kettle etc all day or kids as they do. i'll shop around be the final decision will be hers. what p1ssed me off was customer services not knowing or couldn't find out about the meter an whether it had a economy 7 timer built in. It took a call out for an engineer to tell me that.
So basically it's a usage problem rather than a meter problem I think she just has to put her usage hat on and try not to use so much electricity.

My November bill was £31.87 and I used 206kWh and everything is electric except my heating. But all my lights are LED’s and all my appliances have a decent power usage rating.
But she definitely has to be mindful of the amount of electricity she is using if she wants to get out of debt.

Pre payment key meters are only normally installed where someone has got in big debt with the utility company, not only do they then take a good percentage of the money that you put on the key to pay the debt but they are also normally the worst tariff. Basically your tenet needs to negotiate with the utility company and get rid of the prepayment meter, but once installed very unlikely that they will remove it.

This could also be a problem when she moves out and you have a new tenet

I had similar when I moved in to a repo. Huge debt left on 2 pre paid card meters. I just got them flattened then removed. I've now left her to it. It's a meter/tarriff/usage problem and not a economy 7 timer problem as I originally thought.

I knew it was gonna be a long haul when she asked me, "What's a tariff?"

Anyway thanks to all who helped

Sorry I forgot to ask,
Take out gas central heating which right now is not possible which would be the best most efficient electric heating to heat a room ?,
Storage heaters, panel heaters, or electric radiators ?, I just wondered which heats up the room best and cost wise. Let's say a day rate 20p pkw and economy 7 night rate 10p.
I cant get my head round which is the most effective.

I think the main stumbling block your friend will face is the time it's took her to question the bills, not saying they wouldn't compensate but the time delay isn't their fault. A couple of years ago I changed electricity supplier and the meter fitter asked if I still needed/used the economy 7.
Choockey is a little hitler who has no life and spends his time trawling this forum looking tp take his issues out on other members (PR=CK) is what he is

Choockey is a little hitler who has no life and spends his time trawling this forum looking tp take his issues out on other members (PR=CK) is what he is
There was a doll like that in a film as i recall. (Grins) He used to do things like that then kill everyone!! Was that spelt the same.
Surely he isn't that baaaaad

Back