Economy7 and key card pre payment meter

Also the the guy recently has had major health problems.( Fu*king serious face)

Tell that to the muppet mentioned

There you go again. I’ve read the thread, and could accuse you of barging into a disagreement that didn’t concern you, but that would be impolite and none of my business, wouldn’t it? :confused:

Sorry I forgot to ask,
Take out gas central heating which right now is not possible which would be the best most efficient electric heating to heat a room ?,
Storage heaters, panel heaters, or electric radiators ?, I just wondered which heats up the room best and cost wise. Let's say a day rate 20p pkw and economy 7 night rate 10p.
I cant get my head round which is the most effective.
As above, I don't want the thread closing , thanks

A Complete Guide to Economy 7 and How it Works | uSwitch
Six reasons to say no to a smart meter
Energy backbilling: A guide to your rights

Power companies always record phone calls. If you want to act on behalf of the person then you need to have a signed letter from that person. Ask the company what they need from her for you to be her representative. You can make a complaint and follow their procedures. Once you have done that then you have to move to the next stage which is the onbudsman. You must exaust their procedures before you escalate your complaint. there is no shortcut.
Only My Thoughts. Not meant to advise or offend anyone

If you’re not happy with your supplier's response

You should first complain to your supplier. You can take your case further and complain to the Energy Ombudsman if:

• you're not happy with their response
  • you’ve still not resolved the issue with your supplier and it’s been eight weeks since you first made a complaint
  • for complaints made before 1 October 2015, you referred the case within six months of a deadlock letter or within nine months of your complaint being raised with your supplier
  • for complaints made after 1 October 2015, you refer the case within 12 months of a deadlock letter. If you have not received a deadlock letter, they may be able to investigate a complaint older than 12 months.
Your energy supplier should write to you at eight weeks or ‘deadlock’ – when neither of you can reach agreement - to tell you how to do this.

See the Energy Ombudsman's website for more on their process: Complain to the Energy Ombudsman (opens another website)

Next question, the law. Should they have removed the timer ?

The Consumer Rights Act 2015
The right to be informed
Fit for purpose The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods.
Might be of interest depending on how you deal with your complaint.
The biggest and most inportant points are not to be rude or cry righteous indignation. Polite, reasonable and curteous are the best way to complain.
Again just my thoughts

Your probably right but I dont stretch this out any longer than I need to and I dont want to personally get embroiled in a legal argument with a utility company. All's that will do is stress me out and add to my own doings and dealings at my own place.
As long as I can get a resolve then that would suffice, well for me it would. Theres definantly a rat somewere regarding a debt she accumulated when she first moved in that was added to the key card meter . I think theyve been taking the debt long after she paid it off.
So, everytime should put money on the key a part of that was swallowed by the debt hence it looked like her electric is costing a bomb when basically shes partly paying arrears off.
That is down to her to sort and get to the bottom of.

Just as a follow up, she contacted twice and got a conflicting answer regarding how much when and the amount they collected via the pre paid meter.
One's saying its collected everytime you put you key in £3:60 or some similar amount. Another's saying its monthly but the most worrying part was, they blinded her with tariffs and amounts. The theg said go to the meter press xyz then they said go to the nearest shop via her postcode and theyll give you a new key, she said "what for?" They said theres £20 credit on it.
She never questioned she just got it and loaded it.
I can tell but I cant mother her, I've 3 of my own.

Really its her issue, I rent and cant imagine bringing my landlord into a dispute with a utility company. The only responsibility my landlord has is to keep the building and fittings (In my case just white goods) well maintained. My only responsibility to the landlord is to pay the rent in a timely manner and to keep the property in good condition (also to be a good neighbor).I have not really talked to the landlord since we moved in.

I know I totally agree but she is (or I should say was) the friend of a good friend who recently past away so overtime through the friend who past away I kind of made friends with her when really I know I shouldn't do plus the property is very close to were I live.

She drinks in the same holes as I do so its hard to turn your back on her as we have a similar group if friends.

There is a 2nd motive as well, I also have a vested interest in what meter if any goes in the property due to the curent heating system been storage so at this moment in time any meter changes has to be an economy7 meter. If not it means I have to swap the heaters out and with electric that ain't cheap.
As for tariffs and bills?, I first had to make sure it wasn't a heating or meter problem. Now I have discovered that is not the case and that it's actually her problem I've told her she will have to deal with it from now on. I have a bits that need to be sorted but other than that I've past the buck.

I suppose I felt sorry for her and my big daft soft nature doesn't help

Back