sony bravia 40" with cable tuner

here is some stuff on the diablo cam being used for cable tv

Thanks 2tone for the tutorial and nwfletcher for all his help.

got channels decrypting now in excw using diablo 2.2 but had to use provider 5D01 instead of usual 5C01 in keys.bin file.

has anyone managed to get au fun or mosc card working on this cam?
i've tried but get a message "you have no rights to watch this program"

theres an issue with some sony bravia`s -

the flashed blue zeta cam does not work properly on some models.
The Diablo cam works ok , but I dont know if its for all models .

So it`s worth checking out, before you splash out.

From what I have read so far I just need a Icecrypt cam like old free x tv one? and then put 079 joker software on it but is a card necessary as well.

Have a few old cams would any of them suit please Magic, dragon, Aston, NP4 Viaccess Freecam.

Thanks for any help guyz.

Magic and Dragon should work for you m8 if they are flashed with the right firmware. Viacess freecam may also work with Nagra 1 cards but I'm not sure with the Viacess one as some versions of freecams do some encryptions and not others. I have an Irdeto version of the freecam and I definately know it works with Nagra 1 cards, just need a TV to test it on.

Magic and Dragon should work for you m8 if they are flashed with the right firmware. Viacess freecam may also work with Nagra 1 cards but I'm not sure with the Viacess one as some versions of freecams do some encryptions and not others. I have an Irdeto version of the freecam and I definately know it works with Nagra 1 cards, just need a TV to test it on.

Pulled out me owl freecam 2020 and put fun with au but nuthin!!
what goodies and ecm settings areu usin g m8 ?
also only got a flash file for fun nothing in the hex part ,is that correct?TA

not sure if you can use the freecam but i know you would have to use ext.eeprom aswell as the flash with the fun m8 ,personally i use a rom11 au image as ext , hope this helps danny....

not sure if you can use the freecam but i know you would have to use ext.eeprom aswell as the flash with the fun m8 ,personally i use a rom11 au image as ext , hope this helps danny....

Cheers m8 any idea where I could find that image as all the files I found only have a flash in them.
Ta

I've read through a couple of the posts on this subject and decided to dig out my old Matrix Reloaded and see how I fared with a Sony Bravia and cable.

Turns out I'd flashed my MR up with Matrix Revolutions firmware a while back so I decided to stick with the MRev. I updated to one of the later firmwares (MRev 2.25) and put the keys for my area - ex Pure N*L in manually. It worked pretty well - Sports, Movies etc decoded and looking good. So if you have a MR or a MRev lying around give it a go.

The only issues I've had seem to be with tuning the TV. Alt Sports channels 'Sh1tenta' seem to be on a different frequency and I can't work out what it should be for my area (Belfast).The other problem is BBC HD which is kinda why I started playing with this in the first place. This one is tuned in but just won't decode. I'm wondering if there is a different provider id or something (and different keys) for HD channels. Anyone come across this?

Cheers

I've read through a couple of the posts on this subject and decided to dig out my old Matrix Reloaded and see how I fared with a Sony Bravia and cable.

Turns out I'd flashed my MR up with Matrix Revolutions firmware a while back so I decided to stick with the MRev. I updated to one of the later firmwares (MRev 2.25) and put the keys for my area - ex Pure N*L in manually. It worked pretty well - Sports, Movies etc decoded and looking good. So if you have a MR or a MRev lying around give it a go.

The only issues I've had seem to be with tuning the TV. Alt Sports channels 'Sh1tenta' seem to be on a different frequency and I can't work out what it should be for my area (Belfast).The other problem is BBC HD which is kinda why I started playing with this in the first place. This one is tuned in but just won't decode. I'm wondering if there is a different provider id or something (and different keys) for HD channels. Anyone come across this?

Cheers
with card or with out a card ive got a matrix relaod cam i havent got a programer can anyone help or any ideas thankyou ive been trying for a few months now trying to sort it out no joy

with card or with out a card ive got a matrix relaod cam i havent got a programer can anyone help or any ideas thankyou ive been trying for a few months now trying to sort it out no joy

My setup is without a card. If your MR has a reasonably recent firmware on it you should just be able to enter the keys using the CA Module Setup menu on your Bravia. From there you can select Edit CAS Key, move on down and select Nagravision and enter your keys. You may have to enter the provider id for your area as well - just pick TV Cabo or one of the existing providers and change the provider id. When you've that done you can enter key 0 and key 1 using your remote. Note both your provider id and keys will be in hexadecimal but you'll have to translate them to decimal to enter them with your bravia remote. There's various ways of converting hex to decimal including using the scientific calculator in windows or downloading a converter. If you google it you'll find plenty of info on converting hex to decimal.

Good Luck!

My setup is without a card. If your MR has a reasonably recent firmware on it you should just be able to enter the keys using the CA Module Setup menu on your Bravia. From there you can select Edit CAS Key, move on down and select Nagravision and enter your keys. You may have to enter the provider id for your area as well - just pick TV Cabo or one of the existing providers and change the provider id. When you've that done you can enter key 0 and key 1 using your remote. Note both your provider id and keys will be in hexadecimal but you'll have to translate them to decimal to enter them with your bravia remote. There's various ways of converting hex to decimal including using the scientific calculator in windows or downloading a converter. If you google it you'll find plenty of info on converting hex to decimal.

Good Luck!
hi ive got the mr 2.24 did what i think you said and still no luck do i have to change the boxkeys and is this my id 5ao1 or is it 40985 please im so close help me when i put the cam in i lose the free to air channels
if ive put up any thing wrong I'M SORRY. DW

Last edited:
5a01 is the provider id for your area used with the keys.
40985 is the net id that can be used in the tv setup for scanning.

Good Luck!

well done mate great to be able to use the mr again, as a matter of interest does it AU on nthell?

Also have you tried a AU card in it at all ?
Cheers

These cams act as freecams and have a selectable box key. All you need to do is make an AU mosc or funcard and insert it into the cam.

No need to enter keys manually.

thanks for all the help Noelsagan and Ish e
Looks Like i have been doing it correct since day one but still no joy the only thing i can think of is my mr 2.24 is wrong and i need mrv 2.25 so thats the end for me i tried and tried i cant program the cam or Know anyone that can
Thanks Again
ohh Long Shot anyone got any suggestions would be good

Thanks

i was having the same problem with matrix reborn!
currently got diablo 2.2 working, so wasn't to fussed...
maybe i'll play with reborn again when i get a chance

These cams act as freecams and have a selectable box key. All you need to do is make an AU mosc or funcard and insert it into the cam.

No need to enter keys manually.

I have had a quick go with the funcard using the default BK from the cam and all zeros for the IRD. I just can't get the cam to recognise the fact that there's a card in there at all.

I've a feeling that may be something to do with the fact that I've effectively made a Matrix Reloaded into a Revolutions. I know doing this disables the option to update the firmware with a funcard - it may disable all funcards from working in the cam.

Now that I've managed to setup my old laptop to upgrade cam firmware using the PCMCIA slot I'll maybe try flashing with a proper Matrix Reloaded firmware to see if that reactivates the funcard functionality. I'll post back and confirm if it works on AU with a fun on MR.

Cheers

thanks for all the help Noelsagan and Ish e
Looks Like i have been doing it correct since day one but still no joy the only thing i can think of is my mr 2.24 is wrong and i need mrv 2.25 so thats the end for me i tried and tried i cant program the cam or Know anyone that can
Thanks Again
ohh Long Shot anyone got any suggestions would be good

Thanks

Bikeingmad

I've a feeling that MR2.24 should work fine for you. At a guess I'd say that the thing most people would have difficulty with is updating the provider id and keys. As an alternative to messing about with updating the keys using the tv in decimal I also found a pretty useful tool called MRCrypt Revival that lets you update Nagra provider ids and keys on MR/MRev firmware before flashing. If you don't have a CAS2 programmer then check out updating the firmware using a PCMCIA slot on a laptop if you have one. I could only get this working in Windows 98 but if you do have an old laptop about where you can install 98 (or dual boot) then it gives you an option.

The only other thing that occurs is to double and triple check the provider id for your area - I messed about for hours before figuring out my provider id was not 5401 as on the various keys sites but actually 5501.

Good Luck!

Oh btw if anyone has got BBC HD decoded I'd still appreciate some pointers - did you use a separate provider id for the HD stuff or the same for the whole package? Also any suggestions still on the Sh!tanta freqs for Belfast would be appreciated.

still no joy the only thing i can think of is my mr 2.24 is wrong and i need mrv 2.25 ??????
5a01
4a01
6a01
5b01
no good

Back