SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

Hi and thank you all of you; I just bought a "mini vu solo2," I do not know if it's a v3, I asked the seller and he told me that only by caution to updates via the website VU-hd. my question is : is the last blackhole 2.1.0 in "vu-hd.com" contains the latest driver and if so, is there any problem to install it? thank you
I will receive it in one week, hope so :)

an other question is, what the new drivers add to the box? signal quality, better image or just a timer bomb? thankx

Once I restart the box - it doesn't boot up. Just stalls like it's trying to process something. Openvix 808 image... Any ideas?

I can access the FTP when it's in this state... Any advice?

Last edited:
swap the drivers in lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra with older drivers from 12/13/12 and reboot!I think it should then work

7yzyhugu.jpg
It's very odd. But yeah... I'll try that. The old drivers were uploaded on here weren't they?

It stalls on this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The ftp stopped working for some odd reason. Next time I'll try that yeah. Or I might just install the older version. Does this mean 808s drivers are still too new?

Ure box has a protection,when he sees that the drivers are not old,he wil not boot!

I see! Good to know that the protection works :). I've installed V3 too, so it's also good to know that when I updated to V3.. it didn't mess anything up.

When he doesnt trust the drivers ure box is not going to start!So thats the whole idea of the Chinese,and try to download only from the Vu-HD site

This image is the vix 808. Drivers dated December 2013 though, I'd assumed these were safe.

Edit..

Sorry.. November 2013.

Hmmm....They should be even working on a V1...But if there the HBBTV map inside the Drivers map,it may not start either...If you can FTP to /lib/modules/3.3.8-2.0/extra next to some files ending wit *.ko,do you see a map starts like HBBTV?

If u see this map,delete it,and reboot

I've installed image from scratch again. Restarts fine. But bearing in mind... I only install airplayer and cccam as plugins. Everything else is standard. Attached image of current ftp file directory.
ameqa3yp.jpg

All files dated 19th December 2014 though ?? Lol.

To Add - I haven't been able to use USB sticks in ANY of the USB Ports since getting this solo 2 either. (yet it works to flash an image from)... Any ideas?

Last edited:
What format are the usb sticks in? If NTFS then ViX 3.0 needs additional modules before it can read the contents.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I changed them to fat32. I installed the additional modules you sent me before too. But they didn't work. God knows why it's not working.

But, updating the bootloader, then you can install the latest BH 2.1?? It works fine?

Theres no bootloader...Theres a V2 to V3 upgrade tool,you can find that in oure downloads or you can download that on the VU-HD.com site (better for you as u dont have enough posts to download here)

Do the V2 to V3 update and u can install the BH 2.1.0 images and all the other V3 images!

But the BH 2.1 it works fine in the vu+ solo2 clone?? There are no problems with the remote control?If you update your vu + SOLO2 clone,from V2 to V3, then the "time bomb" will no longer be a problem? What's in the update to V3 that protects the decoder from future "malware" inserted in the firmware updates?

Back