SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

The V2 to V3 has a certain "selfdefence" in the image,it doesnt boot if you try to install an image whose got tha Timebomb in it....But the best thing to do and keep ure clone alive a long time is:

Update ure box to V3 and only install imges from the site VU-HD

If you keep yourself to these rules then ure quit safe!

And theres no "remote control" problem as far as i know,i have V3 Solo2 and Solo2 mini and with both i have installed every image but never had this problem;-)

Making the upgrade from V2 to V3, how long it takes? And 'dangerous for the decoder?

The V2 to V3 has a certain "selfdefence" in the image,it doesnt boot if you try to install an image whose got tha Timebomb in it....But the best thing to do and keep ure clone alive a long time is:

And theres no "remote control" problem as far as i know,i have V3 Solo2 and Solo2 mini and with both i have installed every image but never had this problem;-)

Ok, thank you very much!

the best thing to do and keep ure clone alive a long time is:
on top of that you can do the trick with changing the drivers attribute so online update can't overwrite/delete them - this is a very clever trick I learned on this forum (thanks again guys, and I'll keep repeating it until you ban me ;))

ya but you are not running the latest drivers on them ;) however I have a duo mini with untouched OpenPLI4 with the latest drivers and the remote works fine (the card reader stopped working - need to re-flash it) so I wouldn't make a rule about it ;)

I'm trying to update the decoder, transforming it into V3. I run the instructions perfectly, but it seems that the PC does not want to connect with the decoder. I also tried another RS232 cable, with pins 2-1, 3-6, 5-5 connected, but there's nothing to do. Why? What can I do in order to update the decoder?

Sorry thats a problem what a lot of Lonrisun Clone users have...Ure cable could be broken...Or ure pc/laptop doesnt make the connection...Could u try to install PUTTY,and connect ure solo2 with the original cable and start putty by SERIAL and if u see "3D then theres nothing wrong with ure Solo2 clone...Then the problem is connection between ure box and pc/laptop...

Sorry thats a problem what a lot of Lonrisun Clone users have...Ure cable could be broken...Or ure pc/laptop doesnt make the connection...Could u try to install PUTTY,and connect ure solo2 with the original cable and start putty by SERIAL and if u see "3D then theres nothing wrong with ure Solo2 clone...Then the problem is connection between ure box and pc/laptop...

I'm sorry but I do not understand, what do I do with Putty? How do I use it? Could you help me?

Received my solo 2 mini from mydalle today. Sticker on the box said it was v2.
Updated to v3 right away with delivered cable without any problems.:Biggrin2:
Will flash Openpli tomorrow and see how smoothly it runs.

I'm sorry but I do not understand, what do I do with Putty? How do I use it? Could you help me?

Try just swapping the rs232 cable around. That worked for me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Try just swapping the rs232 cable around. That worked for me

I reversed the cable and I also used a new cable. But the decoder does not update!

Make sure you've not got two devices using com port 1. Also.. Make sure drivers are installed for the cable.. Of which they will be if you can specify com port on them.

This is a verry mysterious issue,my Solo2 mini,ive updated to V3 realy easy,nullmodem cable with the original cable attached and it was in 10 seconds done...My solo2 clone also...But i still have my friends Solo2 here whom doesnt cant get connected,whatever i do;-(

Its realy a mysteriy...

This is a verry mysterious issue,my Solo2 mini,ive updated to V3 realy easy,nullmodem cable with the original cable attached and it was in 10 seconds done...My solo2 clone also...But i still have my friends Solo2 here whom doesnt cant get connected,whatever i do;-(

Its realy a mysteriy...

1. Is ur friend's stb has Samsung chip inside or its Toshiba ?
2. Some says on other forums it doesnt accept any v2 or v3 update
3. Some also says that new motherboards are modified and designed not to work with any update v2 or v3 .because the chinese seller dont want to hand over all things to buyer .
( it doesnt make any sense )
4. Lonrisun board was developed by fast car team , DW board was developed by Sunshine Team .
( batch 1 and 2 but 3 will be from SIM2 and will be released in august and promised to fix all issues and claims that no one can beat the quality this time . this 3rd batch will be also available in Lonrisun , DW, Shenzhen original and Dvb master ) .
5. Only the boards manufactured by sunshine is unbrickable and still dont have any complaint ( the first and 2nd batch of DW ) (my Solo 2 is 2nd batch of DW)
This is just short piece of information i received from others sharing with u all.

1. Is ur friend's stb has Samsung chip inside or its Toshiba ?
2. Some says on other forums it doesnt accept any v2 or v3 update
3. Some also says that new motherboards are modified and designed not to work with any update v2 or v3 .because the chinese seller dont want to hand over all things to buyer .
( it doesnt make any sense )
4. Lonrisun board was developed by fast car team , DW board was developed by Sunshine Team .
( batch 1 and 2 but 3 will be from SIM2 and will be released in august and promised to fix all issues and claims that no one can beat the quality this time . this 3rd batch will be also available in Lonrisun , DW, Shenzhen original and Dvb master ) .
5. Only the boards manufactured by sunshine is unbrickable and still dont have any complaint ( the first and 2nd batch of DW ) (my Solo 2 is 2nd batch of DW)
This is just short piece of information i received from others sharing with u all.

Ali ure solo2,the one takes all the latest images and works perfect,does that come from a company called dragonw@rth?

My board is lonrisun. I replaced the chip and installed update v3 without problems. I'm using VTI 6.0.8 with online update without problems.

15yirde.jpg

vy493o.jpg

Last edited:

Its realy a mysteriy...

Check the RS232 daughter board which is soldered onto the main board, make sure it's still soldered in place as the boards aren't lined up that great and I've seen boards where the daughter board has come loose and needed to be resoldered back into place.

Replaced chip in local mob service,than flashed vti 6.0.8 from vu-hd, did v3 update and chattr comand, everything is ok except cant dounload plugins from vti panel and annoying popup about available software update disappeared.no plugin and software update is available now.anyone got same issue?

Replaced chip in local mob service,than flashed vti 6.0.8 from vu-hd, did v3 update and chattr comand, everything is ok except cant dounload plugins from vti panel and annoying popup about available software update disappeared.no plugin and software update is available now.anyone got same issue?

did you instal the vti 608 on meoboot ?? because I had the same problem installing vti 608 on meoboot and I couldn't connect to the internet for download, only connected to the router and I was able to use DCC and both primary and secondary DNS is 0.0.0.0 this is why no internet connection but after that I have installed the same image on the Flash rom and everything works fine I got the box connected to the internet and I was able to download plugins.

Back