SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

Is there a difference between solo2 and solo2 mini? I heard different stories from different people
can solo2 (not mini) get 3.1 update and latest untouched image (OpenPLi4)?

this will maybe answer ure question:

> From: Me
> Date: 2014-05-22 20:14
> To: info
> Subject: Re: Re: ??? Re: ??? ???
> My friend is t already safe to put newest image in my solo2 mini?I have
> made the V3.1 Lonrisun update,is my Solo2 mini now protected?Can i
> install newest images?
>
> grts

HE:

> yes,you can flash the new images after you update the box.
> thanks

it confirms what I heard but doesn't answer my question
friend of mine updated solo2 mini with 3.1 and installed the latest image on it - works fine
but my other friend who has solo2 (not mini) couldn't do the 3.1 - when he finally managed to do it he bricked the box by putting the latest OpenPLi on it
so now Im confused
either the solo2 didn't take the 3.1 update correctly
or even with it still get's bricked

The friend with the solo2 mini installed a original Pli 4.0 from the Pli website?

Box is back up and running (Thanks alot Teaf) - Just installed V3. (wasn't working at first, i just swapped the RS232 cable around and worked first time).

Good stuff, glad I could help.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
@IAmATeaf thank you so much for fixing my box. A very humble guy I must say. Once again thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
@IAmATeaf thank you so much for fixing my box. A very humble guy I must say. Once again thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

No probs guys.

Isn't that what I said?

As far as I've read about the time bomb, it interrogated the FPGA to determine that that the box was a clone, then checked the date the started to erase 64 pages of the flash, each page is 2048 bytes in size.....
You did, I was agreeing with you. I should of made it clear in my post.

Hi, if a box is already got the ver 3 update, and then try to update again what will happen, i have vu solo 2 mini, when trying update just gets ........... but no download complete wondering if they already been updated

Thanks

If you get no "download complete" the update don´t work. If it were a V3 box the update just runs through again with "download complete" at the end.

oh ok thought it worked on vu solo 2 mini lorisun box, i have a normal vu solo lorisun and does it fine,

I am looking to update mine to v3.1, which file is it, the one above this post or start of thread? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works on Solo2 Mini from Lonrisun. But not with all boxes. We don´t know, why.
Did you try this http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/1952/ update tool? If not, try this.

Hi, yes i did just get ................. but no download complete, i just received this vu solo 2 mini maybe already it got new update ? , i know no issues with com cable or pc, as normal vu solo does download complete fine

Rs232 board can have an error, i have changed one at a box and now the update works , check the board / voltage of the max chip

Open the box up, remove the 2 hex bolts on the serial port and then check to see if the board moves side to side but don't force it. I've seen cases where the solder joints have given way, the board then can be moved side to side and the serial board needed to be resoldered back in place.

To get mine working... I had to swap the rs232 cable around. Wouldn't work one way for whatever reason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

To get mine working... I had to swap the rs232 cable around. Wouldn't work one way for whatever reason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's because the cable is wired differently at both ends. My cable has numbers, so I plug 1 into the PC/laptop and 2 into the sat box.

So the whole point of v3, is so we can't accidentally install images that would brick the box?

Has anyone tried doing online update after going to v3? Does it update except for drivers? Also anyone tried doing online update with driver folder on read only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back